UFC on FOX 30: Alvarez vs Poirier 2 Saturday 07/28.....

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: UFC on FOX 30: Alvarez vs Poirier 2 Saturday 07/28..... 

Post#41 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:20 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I dont think I have ever done a 180 on a fighter faster than I have with Joanna. I used to really like her, but man I cant recall a fighter that has taken 2 losses as bad as she has. The complete denial that she has with her fights against Rose is amazing to me. I cant stand the girl now.

Conor really rubbed off on her, and not in a good way.

I'm sure you meant this in a different way but Conor wrote the book on how to take a loss. It's crazy he was dropped and finished by Nate, he bounced back due to lack of denial/delusion a la Ronda

It's like how nobody cares how Gilbert or Ortega juiced. They just owned it and moved forward instead of compounding lies and delusional denials.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,652

Post#42 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:35 am

Jasen777 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I dont think I have ever done a 180 on a fighter faster than I have with Joanna. I used to really like her, but man I cant recall a fighter that has taken 2 losses as bad as she has. The complete denial that she has with her fights against Rose is amazing to me. I cant stand the girl now.

Is complete denial worse than how Rousey took her losses?

Ronda takes the crown when it comes to how not to take a loss. The thing with Ronda, she was a combination of denial, delusion and arrogance. She refused to be humbled and man she got beyond offended if anyone asked her any kind of question.

Golic: "So there is a possibility that you go back in time and fight?"
Ronda: "Is there a possibility that I can go back in time? Thats your question to me?" (saying this with a ton of attitude)

Or the infamous, "I believe hearing me speak is a privilege"

So she didnt get humbled, she got even more arrogant than she was before. Add onto the denial and delusion as well. Talk about the worst possible way to act after taking a couple Ls.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#43 » by goodboy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:57 am

REDDzone wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:

Conor really rubbed off on her, and not in a good way.

I'm sure you meant this in a different way but Conor wrote the book on how to take a loss. It's crazy he was dropped and finished by Nate, he bounced back due to lack of denial/delusion a la Ronda

It's like how nobody cares how Gilbert or Ortega juiced. They just owned it and moved forward instead of compounding lies and delusional denials.

Yeah I meant it in differently. Joanna leached the Conor mentality (or tried very hard too) in terms of winning and being cocky and back-fired greatly on her twice. Now she didn't pick up being humbled and owning up to it like Conor did with Nate.
Bright

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts