UFC 227 Saturday August 4th: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2, DJ vs Cejudo 2 PPV...

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: UFC 227 Saturday August 4th: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2, DJ vs Cejudo 2 PPV... 

Post#141 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Aug 7, 2018 1:29 pm

lol

Dominick Cruz is such a fidgetty psycho.

https://youtu.be/23qMnNMq7lQ?t=34s

Declined to do any commentary this weekend (he claims) because he's sick of promoting Cody / TJ (their "brand") because neither promotes him and _his_ brand.

Every answer is just so passive-aggressive and angry. You can hear him shaking.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Re: UFC 227 Saturday August 4th: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2, DJ vs Cejudo 2 PPV... 

Post#142 » by Susan » Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:20 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:lol

Dominick Cruz is such a fidgetty psycho.

https://youtu.be/23qMnNMq7lQ?t=34s

Declined to do any commentary this weekend (he claims) because he's sick of promoting Cody / TJ (their "brand") because neither promotes him and _his_ brand.

Every answer is just so passive-aggressive and angry. You can hear him shaking.

I think he's right that the trio of him, TJ and Cody will help move the division to a higher level and that TJ is kind of bland.

To get to that level of anything, you have to be a bit **** crazy. A normal person gives up after the amount of adversity that Dom has faced.

He's a flawed dude (they all are) and he's trying to make a case for another fight with TJ. There's a ton of mental warfare going on constantly between these guys.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#143 » by REDDzone » Tue Aug 7, 2018 5:06 pm

I'm like 98% sure cbr is just a huge closet TJ Dillashaw fan. His public enemy #1 is always TJ's next opponent. It'll be interesting to see how he vilifies Marlon Moraes or Rafael Assuncao.

Does anyone know if Grandmaster Sensei Professor Duane Ludwig recently opened an affiliate school in Canada?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#144 » by Headliner » Tue Aug 7, 2018 9:25 pm

Cruz has a point though, it’s hard for him to unbias when he knows he will be fighting that guy probably his next fight or two.
Also he does have a right to be pissed off when everyone just called TJ the best 135 ever. Cruz has less loses, more title defenses, a win over Mighty Mouse, and most importantly a win over TJ Dillashaw when both are in their prime not long ago.

There is no way Rogan and the rest can crown TJ the best ever 135 when Cruz clearly has the better resume.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#145 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Aug 7, 2018 10:10 pm

Nah, I am an especial hater of Cruz. Love Schaub's story of Go Karting w Dom. He catches Dom off to the side, talking himself up, "they don't want you to win, they don't want you to succeed." Lol what a twitch.

Also, he's famous for being a terror on the Fox set.

An ego like no other in the sport. So busted up over TJ and Cody gerting the spotlight. That interview was nothing but passive-aggressive ego need.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#146 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Aug 7, 2018 10:21 pm

REDDzone wrote:I'm like 98% sure cbr is just a huge closet TJ Dillashaw fan. His public enemy #1 is always TJ's next opponent. It'll be interesting to see how he vilifies Marlon Moraes or Rafael Assuncao.

Does anyone know if Grandmaster Sensei Professor Duane Ludwig recently opened an affiliate school in Canada?

Lies. But you know what are not lies? That it's well known Assuncao will cancel a reservation within the 24 hour window of gentility. And that Marlon rarely brings reusable bags to grocery shop, he just uses plastics.

May TJ's justice be swift and violent.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#147 » by REDDzone » Tue Aug 7, 2018 11:13 pm

Susan wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Susan wrote:
Where was 145 4 years ago? Jose Aldo was the champ from 2009-2015, Faber was champ from 2006-08 with Mike Brown in between there. That division has had a DOZEN years to develop and now has that level of savagery at the 14-15 fight.

Mighty Mouse got the belt in 2012, this division is 6 years old. More talent is going to come and soon we're going to see some absurd talent across the board in the division but its a good omen that we've got 2 absolute savages at the top in DJ/Henry.

I get your counting the WEC, but the UFC 125 division is 1 year younger than the 135 and 145 division. It has taken 6 years for 125 to find a 2nd title contender. This also doesn't mention the complete lack of interest by the public in the one legit fighter they had for those 6 years with DJ.

Here is the main thing with the 125 division in my opinion. No one cares to watch them fight. People like KOs, that aspect of the game seems to be taken out of the game when you deal with 125ers. DJ shouldlve been very easy to promote, especially after he pulled that crazy armbar. But i just don't think too many people flock to see 5'3-5'4 guys that can't knock each other out.

Ok. We got rid of 125. DJ moves to 135. He's still 5'3"-5'4" and he's ranked 5th at 135. Nobody cares about him at ALL there.

People are stupid. These fights are exciting and are pushing the sport forward. Their ability is absurd and the big guys take from the little guys all of the time. Having DJ be a 125 superstar is better than having him be a run of the mill 135er that's getting KTFO by guys that are significantly larger than him.

And guess what, I'm sure we'll see a superstar trailblazer at 125 at some point. Who would have thought that we'd see a super duper star come up through the 145 lb division and completely transcend the sport?

Despite this argument that the 135ers are much bigger than Mouse (e.g.)...the Csac released the fight night weights and Mouse and Garbrandt are actually the EXACT same weight in the cage (142 lbs). Cejudo came in at one pound less at 141 lbs.

Sidenote: amount of weight Thiago Santos cuts is asinine.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM

Post#148 » by Susan » Wed Aug 8, 2018 4:18 am

REDDzone wrote:
Susan wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
I get your counting the WEC, but the UFC 125 division is 1 year younger than the 135 and 145 division. It has taken 6 years for 125 to find a 2nd title contender. This also doesn't mention the complete lack of interest by the public in the one legit fighter they had for those 6 years with DJ.

Here is the main thing with the 125 division in my opinion. No one cares to watch them fight. People like KOs, that aspect of the game seems to be taken out of the game when you deal with 125ers. DJ shouldlve been very easy to promote, especially after he pulled that crazy armbar. But i just don't think too many people flock to see 5'3-5'4 guys that can't knock each other out.

Ok. We got rid of 125. DJ moves to 135. He's still 5'3"-5'4" and he's ranked 5th at 135. Nobody cares about him at ALL there.

People are stupid. These fights are exciting and are pushing the sport forward. Their ability is absurd and the big guys take from the little guys all of the time. Having DJ be a 125 superstar is better than having him be a run of the mill 135er that's getting KTFO by guys that are significantly larger than him.

And guess what, I'm sure we'll see a superstar trailblazer at 125 at some point. Who would have thought that we'd see a super duper star come up through the 145 lb division and completely transcend the sport?

Despite this argument that the 135ers are much bigger than Mouse (e.g.)...the Csac released the fight night weights and Mouse and Garbrandt are actually the EXACT same weight in the cage (142 lbs). Cejudo came in at one pound less at 141 lbs.

Sidenote: amount of weight Thiago Santos cuts is asinine.

Cody lost to a guy who was 8 pounds more than him. Outside of Kevin Holland, Cody cut the least for his fight out of everybody.

Henry and DJ do nothing for the 135 division and while they don't currently hold the starpower that the best division in the sport does (155) it doesn't mean we need to get rid of the whole thing altogether.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#149 » by REDDzone » Wed Aug 8, 2018 1:30 pm

I actually disagree with you that they do nothing for that division. With that said, if they are truly not good enough to do anything for 135, that kind of proves my point as to how terrible 125 is. The champion and the "GOAT" are in that division, but neither would even help out the division above them? Which is only 10 lbs heavier and despite the fact that the most recent champion is their exact same size.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#150 » by REDDzone » Wed Aug 8, 2018 1:32 pm

Anyway, Kevin Holland is by far my favorite fighter in mma history.

Also, DJ/Cejudo next is a no brainer. I complain a lot about all the disadvantages that grapplers have in MMA, but unfortunately the judges are way too far in the other direction. Despite changing the scoring criteria, do nothing takedowns are still weighted way too heavily and DJ deserves the rematch due to his reign and this fight being so close.

I would rather see TJ/Moraes anyway. Let Cruz and Assuncao fight on the same card for the next shot.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#151 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Aug 8, 2018 1:37 pm

REDDzone wrote:Anyway, Kevin Holland is by far my favorite fighter in mma history.

Also, DJ/Cejudo next is a no brainer. I complain a lot about all the disadvantages that grapplers have in MMA, but unfortunately the judges are way too far in the other direction. Despite changing the scoring criteria, do nothing takedowns are still weighted way too heavily and DJ deserves the rematch due to his reign and this fight being so close.

I would rather see TJ/Moraes anyway.
Let Cruz and Assuncao fight on the same card for the next shot.

For sure.

But don't you think they'll go with Cruz? WME is cashing in.
Susan
RealGM

Post#152 » by Susan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:39 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Nah, I am an especial hater of Cruz. Love Schaub's story of Go Karting w Dom. He catches Dom off to the side, talking himself up, "they don't want you to win, they don't want you to succeed." Lol what a twitch.

An ego like no other in the sport. So busted up over TJ and Cody gerting the spotlight. That interview was nothing but passive-aggressive ego need.

Susan
RealGM

Post#153 » by Susan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Susan wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Nah, I am an especial hater of Cruz. Love Schaub's story of Go Karting w Dom. He catches Dom off to the side, talking himself up, "they don't want you to win, they don't want you to succeed." Lol what a twitch.

I've found the weird part of MMA Youtube!!!
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,801

Post#154 » by NZB2323 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:47 pm

In Tech School a female airman and I got our picture taken with Dominick Cruz and Michael Chandler. I think she said that Dominick Cruz was "the hot one."

I understand why some people don't like him, but I'll always be a fan. He was cool when I met him and I always root for fighters coming back from a knee injury.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#155 » by REDDzone » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:04 pm

I don't have strong feelings about Dominick but I like it when he puts Rogan in his place on broadcasts when Rogan forgets he's not a fighter himself.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#156 » by REDDzone » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:24 pm

I mostly watch at bars so don't always have the clearest audio of the broadcast. I remember a hilarious moment during the Stipe/Ngannou fight though where Stipe had Ngannou in a dominant position up against the fence and Rogan was criticizing Ngannou for not getting back to his feet technically and Dom said something to the effect of "How would you get back to your feet technically in this situation, Joe?" and Joe was pretty much at a loss for words.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts