UFC 226: Miocic vs Cormier, Holloway vs Ortega July 7th PPV.....

Moderator: lilfishi22

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Re: UFC 226: Miocic vs Cormier, Holloway vs Ortega July 7th PPV..... 

Post#201 » by Susan » Sun Jul 8, 2018 3:04 pm

Guys, Jones/DC III at HW is the greatest fight they can put together right now and probably would be the greatest fight they've ever put on.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#202 » by CPT » Sun Jul 8, 2018 3:31 pm

Watched with a couple casual buddies and they were so excited by Lesnar.

I wish DC winning the HW championship meant they would just shut the division down.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#203 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:01 pm

Dana confirmed, Brock has returned and DC will defend HW belt vs Brock.

I want Stipe to get a rematch, but I'll be glad watching Brock beat up DC.

That was the fattest DC we have all seen.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#204 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:29 pm

Prez wrote:Late to this but god damn, this dude Costa continues to 10-8 USADA.

LOL

He's insane. I'm trying to think of who, even pre-USADA, has ever been built like that.

Rockhold, Romero, Costa, Aldo (2 fights ago)...there are a few guys whose physiques we all would have rolled our eyes at in 2006...but they each appear to somehow be clean.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#205 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:31 pm

Bernman wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
Why? Dude missed weight and then had the audacity to come out with an attitude against a respectful Max. Thankfully he was one of the weight missers that got starched.

He's one of like the 20% who have had the advantage of coming in over weight and still lost. Lol.

And now add Chiesa to that list, losing to Pettis himself. That offsets his own loss. Pettis has never struggled against bigger fighters, actually smaller ones he has, so that was never an advantage against Holloway and I felt good about his chances going into this fight.

BTW, Pettis missed weight when he dropped down experimentally like he was urged to do even when he was lw champ unlike Chiesa who was fighting in his normal class bragging about how big he was. Pettis also wasn't disrespectful. Don't know where that notion came from. Whereas Chiesa is pretty much a consensus douche and that was the assessment about his pre-fight antics by the masses. Didn't hear about it here though, and this is the land of douche hunters.

Sorry, forgot about the experimenting and peer pressure clauses in the fight contract. If people really wanted to see you at a lower weight, sign the contract for the weight but feel free to come in over weight and force your opponent to take on a disadvantage. IF you're experimenting with a new weight.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#206 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:40 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:Lame. Can't wait to see Brock beat the bricks off of Cormier.

WTF?

LOL. Aren't you a crazy Cormier doubter, thinking he'd lose to everyone and their mama?

How you like them [whatever fruit grows in Louisiana]?
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#207 » by Bernman » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:41 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Sorry, forgot about the experimenting and peer pressure clauses in the fight contract. If people really wanted to see you at a lower weight, sign the contract for the weight but feel free to come in over weight and force your opponent to take on a disadvantage. IF you're experimenting with a new weight.

It's called being realistic and empathetic. If you're dropping down a weight class you don't know how it'll go until you actually try for a while. You're playing dumb about this, even though Max himself understood that factor and made a note afterward. And yes, the consensus among fans was he should move down a class because of his in cage weight at 155. Then he does it, it doesn't go well one time, and he should draw major ire for it?!?! It's a false equivalency to normal weight classes where Pettis never missed but Chiesa just did, after being a dick in the lead-up. And again, nothing about the douche chills that should have elicited. Because of who he was facing and you'd rather be the contrarian here.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#208 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:46 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
duppyy wrote:Surprised Cammo is not here going crazy over the Pettis win.

I like Pettis, but I'm not one of the Milwaukee Pettis lovers.

If DC beats Brock, I don't see any way he retires without taking one more crack at Jones at HW.

Listen, Bernman likes Pettis independent of the Milwaukee connection. Pettis is one of the finest men in this sport and pursues it as a gentleman & scholar and has a slick jewelry game.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#209 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:49 pm

Pettis made weight before, and then bragged about how easy it was, and how much easier it was going to be fighting at that weight and all that. After he missed weight by 3 pounds, he wouldn't even touch gloves with Holloway, who took the high road about the whole thing anyway, but should have called him out for what it was.

Then he proceeded to make every excuse in the book after he got destroyed. (Injury in the ring, almost died cutting weight or whatever).

That whole fight and aftermath was just a bad look for him, and pretty out of character for how he usually is.

Also REDD, I just don't know or care who else the UFC could put against Cormier at HW. I want to see him beat the **** out of Brock already, since so many casuals still think Brock is going to beat up DC.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Bernman
RealGM

Post#210 » by Bernman » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:56 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Prez wrote:Late to this but god damn, this dude Costa continues to 10-8 USADA.

LOL

He's insane. I'm trying to think of who, even pre-USADA, has ever been built like that.

Rockhold, Romero, Costa, Aldo (2 fights ago)...there are a few guys whose physiques we all would have rolled our eyes at in 2006...but they each appear to somehow be clean.

This is another example of you being the contrarian and prioritizing wanting to get to people. Because before a major part of the criteria was impossible body types. Now that they're just passing under a stricter protocol they aren't cheating. As if masking agents don't exist anymore. Jones was using one before the first Cormier fight but didn't test positive under USADA rules. Romero already did test positive for God's sake, but now he's clean because it doesn't happen perpetually?!

You shifted this philosophy to conform to your desire to discredit Pettis to get under people's skin here (classy, making false accusations and discrediting a fighter's career accomplishments for that reason). Now it's solely about who dropped off suddenly as MMA fighters do regularly considering this a rough sport, and a reduction in lats, delts, and traps. As if Pettis wasn't a super fast, explosive striker and crafty jiu-jitsu guy early in his combat sports + mma career when he was a skinny guy. He developed physically as you'd expect the average athlete too in any contact sport. Then he had a lot of injuries and took a potential career-changing beating which the typical fighter succumbs to. Still no fighter from Roufusport ever tested positive before or after as far as I know. They must have the most advanced masking agents up there in cutting edge Milwaukee and it's masked externally in their physiques too.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#211 » by Bernman » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:58 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:
duppyy wrote:Surprised Cammo is not here going crazy over the Pettis win.

I like Pettis, but I'm not one of the Milwaukee Pettis lovers.

If DC beats Brock, I don't see any way he retires without taking one more crack at Jones at HW.

Listen, Bernman likes Pettis independent of the Milwaukee connection. Pettis is one of the finest men in this sport and pursues it as a gentleman & scholar and has a slick jewelry game.

You've emanated douche chills ever since you've stepped foot on Realgm.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#212 » by REDDzone » Sun Jul 8, 2018 5:04 pm

I don't give Pettis a pass at all for missing weight against Holloway. I agree that was a bad look for him and Bern it wasn't his first fight at 145 which would have been the experiment if that really was a thing. However this argument is pretty rich given when I criticized Romero for missing weight vs Rockhold by saying he shouldn't have signed for the fight if he couldn't make the weight, you guys said Romero can't predict the future so he didn't know he would miss. I feel like that was from cbr although I may be confusing him with Susan.

End of the day, missing a weight that you sign a contract to fight at is 100% unprofessional and a bad look for anyone. Regardless of normal weight, regardless of short notice. You literally break your word by doing it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#213 » by Bernman » Sun Jul 8, 2018 5:06 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Pettis made weight before, and then bragged about how easy it was, and how much easier it was going to be fighting at that weight and all that. After he missed weight by 3 pounds, he wouldn't even touch gloves with Holloway, who took the high road about the whole thing anyway, but should have called him out for what it was.

Then he proceeded to make every excuse in the book after he got destroyed. (Injury in the ring, almost died cutting weight or whatever).

That whole fight and aftermath was just a bad look for him, and pretty out of character for how he usually is.

He made weight all of once (big sample there!) and in a non title fight providing another lb of allotment. Then Pettis started weight training more again like CBR wanted him to, to show that he wasn't roiding before when he had a body that was so yoked it never generated suspicions from anybody.

Pettis usually doesn't touch gloves with opponents when the fight starts for rhythm's sake and beforehand often times not either to not be too chummy with his opponent. It's a fight at that time. He didn't do it with Bendo either. And they were always relatively respectful with each other. Like Pettis was in the Holloway fight. You're nitpicking to fit a narrative.

You've admitted you enjoy when Pettis gets derided here because it prompts a response from his fans, so hard to have cred on the issue after that. It doesn't come from place of genuineness. Some trolling is all in good fun but some don't see the line and think anything is in bounds, like PED accusations and other questions of a fighter's character to get the desired result.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#214 » by REDDzone » Sun Jul 8, 2018 5:09 pm

One of my good friends was in Pettis corner last night btw. The young guy with the haircut. He even met Rogan and hover handed Arianny!
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM

Post#215 » by Susan » Sun Jul 8, 2018 6:03 pm

Bernman wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:Pettis made weight before, and then bragged about how easy it was, and how much easier it was going to be fighting at that weight and all that. After he missed weight by 3 pounds, he wouldn't even touch gloves with Holloway, who took the high road about the whole thing anyway, but should have called him out for what it was.

He made weight all of once (big sample there!) and in a non title fight providing another lb of allotment. Then Pettis started weight training more again like CBR wanted him to, to show that he wasn't roiding before when he had a body that was so yoked it never generated suspicions from anybody.

Pettis usually doesn't touch gloves with opponents when the fight starts for rhythm's sake and beforehand often times not either to not be too chummy with his opponent. It's a fight at that time. He didn't do it with Bendo either. And they were always relatively respectful with each other. Like Pettis was in the Holloway fight. You're nitpicking to fit a narrative.

You've admitted you enjoy when Pettis gets derided here because it prompts a response from his fans, so hard to have cred on the issue after that. It doesn't come from place of genuineness. Some trolling is all in good fun but some don't see the line and think anything is in bounds, like PED accusations and other questions of a fighter's character to get the desired result.

As the PRESIDENT of the Anthony Pettis RealGM fanclub I think we've had too much discussion on this subject. Let his greatness shine through GIFs only from here on out on this thread.
Susan
RealGM

Post#216 » by Susan » Sun Jul 8, 2018 6:06 pm

REDDzone
RealGM

Post#217 » by REDDzone » Sun Jul 8, 2018 6:13 pm

Now that tan Pettis has been unveiled to the world... everything he did in the past "pales" in comparison.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#218 » by Headliner » Sun Jul 8, 2018 6:17 pm

Lesnar is 40 btw
And looks it. He looked olllldddd last night and is far thinner than normal.

He’s gonna get hammered. Expect a first round GNP KO for DC. I fully expect to see Lesner turtled up, grabbing his millions for 2 1/2 minutes of beatings. Don’t forget, this is his last payday too.hes looking for a quick and easy 5 million
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#219 » by REDDzone » Sun Jul 8, 2018 6:23 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Also REDD, I just don't know or care who else the UFC could put against Cormier at HW. I want to see him beat the **** out of Brock already, since so many casuals still think Brock is going to beat up DC.

Here's an opinion that won't go over well here, but what about the longest reigning champ in history gets a rematch? As you mention, there is no one else, and especially after all the eyepokes.

Guys like Garbrabdt can't even defend once, get KOed quickly, and get immediate rematches when there are guys like Moraes and Assuncao who are worthy contenders at BW. Guys like Stipe stay champ for years and defend multiple times and they bring in a guy who hasn't won since 2010 to fight for the belt. LOL.
Susan
RealGM

Post#220 » by Susan » Sun Jul 8, 2018 6:52 pm

REDDzone wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:Also REDD, I just don't know or care who else the UFC could put against Cormier at HW. I want to see him beat the **** out of Brock already, since so many casuals still think Brock is going to beat up DC.

Here's an opinion that won't go over well here, but what about the longest reigning champ in history gets a rematch? As you mention, there is no one else, and especially after all the eyepokes.

Guys like Garbrabdt can't even defend once, get KOed quickly, and get immediate rematches when there are guys like Moraes and Assuncao who are worthy contenders at BW. Guys like Stipe stay champ for years and defend multiple times and they bring in a guy who hasn't won since 2010 to fight for the belt. LOL.

Fighters sometimes need bounce-back fights. Look at Francis. Look at how long it took for Pettis to come back following his RDA fight. Let Stipe get his groove back, build him back up.

What about that fight last night makes you want to see him fight DC again? Not saying him and Brock makes any sense whatsoever but there's not a real strong argument that Stipe is a compelling fight for DC.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts