UFC 226: Miocic vs Cormier, Holloway vs Ortega July 7th PPV.....

Moderator: lilfishi22

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: UFC 226: Miocic vs Cormier, Holloway vs Ortega July 7th PPV..... 

Post#281 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Miocic has officially requested an immediate rematch.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#282 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Ariel went IN on Brock/UFC/USADA during his show yesterday. I was loving every second of it.

Talked about how they already made a USADA exception for him once and he burned them, now they are making all these other exceptions for him? When guys like Nick Diaz were suspended, they wouldn't even let him corner his brother to the point that he had a hard time even getting into the building for the Nate/Conor fight. But yet they let Brock in the cage and he's pushing current fighters and commission officials and calling active UFC fighters pieces of sh*t? Technically, you aren't even supposed to be training with current UFC fighters if you are suspended, but Dana is now claiming Brock/DC is already signed? LOL.

USADA is supposed to be about transparency but they didn't release that Brock had re-entered the testing pool until a week after he (supposedly) did. Why keep it a secret? Just more tomfoolery. Now we just have to wait for them to give Jones a slap on the wrist for getting caught roiding a second time.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#283 » by Jasen777 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:46 pm

REDDzone wrote:Ariel went IN on Brock/UFC/USADA during his show yesterday. I was loving every second of it.

Talked about how they already made a USADA exception for him once and he burned them, now they are making all these other exceptions for him? When guys like Nick Diaz were suspended, they wouldn't even let him corner his brother to the point that he had a hard time even getting into the building for the Nate/Conor fight. But yet they let Brock in the cage and he's pushing current fighters and officials and calling active UFC fighters pieces of sh*t? Technically, you aren't even supposed to be training with current UFC fighters if you are suspended, but Dana is now claiming Brock/DC is already signed? LOL.

USADA is supposed to be about transparency but they didn't release that Brock had re-entered the testing pool until a week after he (supposedly) did. Why keep it a secret? Just more tomfoolery. Now we just have to wait for them to give Jones a slap on the wrist for getting caught roiding a second time.

Obviously the UFC is doing it for $$$, but why should USADA care? Makes it look like they are getting paid off.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#284 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Ariel went IN on Brock/UFC/USADA during his show yesterday. I was loving every second of it.

Talked about how they already made a USADA exception for him once and he burned them, now they are making all these other exceptions for him? When guys like Nick Diaz were suspended, they wouldn't even let him corner his brother to the point that he had a hard time even getting into the building for the Nate/Conor fight. But yet they let Brock in the cage and he's pushing current fighters and officials and calling active UFC fighters pieces of sh*t? Technically, you aren't even supposed to be training with current UFC fighters if you are suspended, but Dana is now claiming Brock/DC is already signed? LOL.

Obviously the UFC is doing it for $$$, but why should USADA care? Makes it look like they are getting paid off.

IDK didn't USADA not levy sanctions on Floyd for using an IV in the past? It just seems like the the big stars play by different rules. As for their reasoning, well, I doubt they're doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. :lol:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#285 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:18 pm

Also, Ariel went in on them last week for not letting the public know about Brock and his USADA status. Only then did they even release the statement that Brock had supposedly entered the pool secretly. Who knows if anyone at all would know Ariel didn't make a stink out of it.

IDK what I want more...an off the roids Brock (either skinny, fat, or skinny fat) getting KOed by DC in a noncompetitive fight. Or for Brock to test positive just a few days before and leave these dummies scrambling for not learning their lesson the first time.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#286 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Frankly, my biggest surprise is that they aren't coming out and claiming that he's been in the pool since March, so he will be good to go by September!
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#287 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:30 am

REDDzone wrote:Frankly, my biggest surprise is that they aren't coming out and claiming that he's been in the pool since March, so he will be good to go by September!

Ive actually been kind of expecting this to happen.

I can see it already, Dana talking to the media, "the day we made the DC vs Stipe fight official, Brock told us he wanted the winner and we got him back in the system so we can make that fight happen. Brock and us didnt want people to know to take any of the steam off of the DC/Stipe fight. DC is expecting to be ready come let September, early October, so hopefully the fight happens right around then."

That was my best Dana impression haha.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#288 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:35 am

Talked about how they already made a USADA exception for him once and he burned them, now they are making all these other exceptions for him? When guys like Nick Diaz were suspended, they wouldn't even let him corner his brother to the point that he had a hard time even getting into the building for the Nate/Conor fight. But yet they let Brock in the cage and he's pushing current fighters and commission officials and calling active UFC fighters pieces of sh*t? Technically, you aren't even supposed to be training with current UFC fighters if you are suspended, but Dana is now claiming Brock/DC is already signed? LOL.

Im all for DC getting a big money fight (even though I dont think it will be as big as people think), but ya this is going to be black eye on the UFC. It is all but known that the UFC knew Brock was roiding up pre Mark Hunt fight and let it go on. Now I wouldnt be shocked if the same thing happened again for this fight. I mean come on the dude hasnt won a fight since Chris freaking Leben was the co-main event.

I dont want to see DC take the loss, but a part of me would love to see the UFC scramble if a super juiced Brock beats DC and ends up testing positive for the fight haha. But this is a clear money grab, its no secret that the UFC PPV buys have been in the drain all year long. I mean their biggest card of the year did under 400k PPV buys. They need any kind of boost they can get.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#289 » by Susan » Wed Aug 8, 2018 3:35 pm

Just found this channel, they're doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff with AKA and this video in particular is pretty great.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts