Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5

Moderator: lilfishi22

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#201 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Headliner wrote:If that’s the case I applaud it, cause I think most fighters should think that way.
But there’s a lot of Goat talk surrounding his camp and I believe the article states that he believes a win over Ferguson makes him the Goat 155 ever and would retire.

I agree with the aura thing as well. It’s also a great negotiating tactic as you can’t be backed into a corner.

I hope he doesn’t retire because he has a shot at becoming an all time great and as of now I just don’t think he’s got the heads on his mantle to withstand the test of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With him its hard to tell. If there is a fighter that will just walk up and leave and not look back twice on a big pay check I can see it being Khabib. But ya if he wants to be in the GOAT discussion, he has to stay around for awhile. And its not like there isnt a bunch of guys around his weight that would make look really good on his resume. Just some names off the top of my head Tony, GSP, Woodley, Max, and Ortega. All of those guys would look really good on his resume, if anything I think it would almost be a black eye on his resume if he leaves after only just Tony. Didnt have the most difficult path to get to the title, then bouncing before he fights a plethora of high level guys are willing to fight him.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#202 » by REDDzone » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:10 pm

I have no doubt in my mind that he has the potential to be the GOAT and can still reach out. He's not there yet. The 27-0 sounds great but if you dig a little deeper, half of the fights before he got to the UFC were against guys with losing records, some even with zero MMA fights. You've got to look at his UFC resume in a vacuum IMO and he just doesn't have quite enough scalps yet.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#203 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:42 pm

REDDzone wrote:I have no doubt in my mind that he has the potential to be the GOAT and can still reach out. He's not there yet. The 27-0 sounds great but if you dig a little deeper, half of the fights before he got to the UFC were against guys with losing records, some even with zero MMA fights. You've got to look at his UFC resume in a vacuum IMO and he just doesn't have quite enough scalps yet.

Yup. He is definitely in the right weight though to really add up really impressive wins very quickly. Honestly here on out, there are only big time fights for Khabib.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,749

Post#204 » by spykelee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:20 pm

If money talks, it'll be Mayweather apparently. Geez that wound he lunacy from Khabib's camp

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#205 » by Headliner » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:12 pm

spykelee wrote:If money talks, it'll be Mayweather apparently. Geez that wound he lunacy from Khabib's camp

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app

No way he does that. And if it could get sanctioned it would be a joke.
He’s not going to go embarrass himself and his country for any money

If he wants another massive pay day he’ll squash Conor again.

My guess is it’s Tony and GSP or just Tony.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#206 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:01 am

The only reason why people watched MayMac is because Conor was interesting. He has an amateur boxing background, has KO's on his record and he has the fanbase to make it work. Khabib doesn't have the striking, the KO's and I don't think he has the same fan base to make this a big fight.

Who honestly wants to see a Khabib/Mayweather fight??
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#207 » by REDDzone » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:43 pm

Weren't people just telling me like 6 hours ago that Khabib doesn't care about money at all? Now he won't talk about fighting for less than 15 million and wants to fight Floyd.

LOL.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#208 » by qm22 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:17 am

REDDzone wrote:Weren't people just telling me like 6 hours ago that Khabib doesn't care about money at all? Now he won't talk about fighting for less than 15 million and wants to fight Floyd.

LOL.

I don't think he ever said he disregarded money but didn't prioritize it over his teammates/etc with the UFC. The 15 mil. may be his manager too. Man, it sucks to see Ali be lucky enough to have a client to be in a powerful negotiating position...going to have to hear his stupid quotes for a while longer. :o
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#209 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04 pm

REDDzone wrote:Weren't people just telling me like 6 hours ago that Khabib doesn't care about money at all? Now he won't talk about fighting for less than 15 million and wants to fight Floyd.

LOL.

no one said that
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#210 » by REDDzone » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:26 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:

LOL.

no one said that
I didn't mean on this board and I'm too lazy to slog through hundreds of pages of Susan and I having the same argument to find out anyway.

That was absolutely a narrative though around the time he was telling the UFC to "just keep my money".
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#211 » by Headliner » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:31 pm

Rumour floating that Askren is close to a UFC deal

Hope so. Askren needs a quick fight to highlight him, then I would love to see him vs GSP or Khabib
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#212 » by Jasen777 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:22 am

Headliner wrote:Rumour floating that Askren is close to a UFC deal

Hope so. Askren needs a quick fight to highlight him, then I would love to see him vs GSP or Khabib

Nice. Little late though, I don't think he's improved since he left Bellator - and the game in general has.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,074

Post#213 » by High 5 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Apparently the UFC is in talks with ONE to trade Demetrious Johnson for him. Damn that's crazy.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#214 » by Headliner » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:16 pm

High 5 wrote:

Apparently the UFC is in talks with ONE to trade Demetrious Johnson for him. Damn that's crazy.

Wtf that’s crazy
They must be looking to axe that division then. It made no money.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#215 » by REDDzone » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:20 pm

I didn't even realize that trading was a thing in MMA. With that said, did anyone listen to Eddie Alvarez on MMAHour this week? He was going crazy about OneFC, saying he was just the first chip to fall and a gamechanging talent was on it's way within the next month, etc. This had to be what he was referring to.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#216 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:22 pm

Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#217 » by Headliner » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:51 pm

REDDzone wrote:I didn't even realize that trading was a thing in MMA. With that said, did anyone listen to Eddie Alvarez on MMAHour this week? He was going crazy about OneFC, saying he was just the first chip to fall and a gamechanging talent was on it's way within the next month, etc. This had to be what he was referring to.

It’s a double release with agreement to sign with the other company. Crazy though
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,892
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#218 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:14 pm

Well, Mouse doesn't want to fight anybody fun, and Askren is probably open to fighting a slew of top notch guys. I'm down lol.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#219 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:15 pm

With Henry saying he wants to fight TJ at 135, with that division making no money and now with DJ going to be gone. I wont be shocked if we have seen the end of that division for sure.

I loved watching DJ but I cant blame the UFC on this one. DJ was just unwilling to make a big fight and I dont think the UFC wanted that division anymore, so I can see why they would want to part ways with him. No doubt Askren is going to be willing to fight the big names, too bad he isnt willing to fight Woodley though.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#220 » by Bernman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:42 am

Hopefully for the UFC they got a PTBNL. DJ could have created some interesting match-ups at 135. But I guess they don't want the headache because he wouldn't capitulate to them like they wanted. If true, then I've got some bad news for them about Askren..
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts