Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#1702 » by Dupp » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:06 am

Vintage conor.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1703 » by REDDzone » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:49 pm

So is Conor going to disappear after being finished by Dustin again or is he still going to command 10+ million more than any other UFC fighter for some weird reason that I can't figure out?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,760

Post#1704 » by spykelee » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:02 pm

REDDzone wrote:So is Conor going to disappear after being finished by Dustin again or is he still going to command 10+ million more than any other UFC fighter for some weird reason that I can't figure out?
Apparently he's getting a new opponent because his feelings got hurt. Loved Dustin's response, he's a well respected warrior and gets the w here. Can't wait for a Mcgregor Cowboy loser leaves town rematch Dana should just cut him

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1705 » by REDDzone » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:52 pm

I haven't looked at the details but IF that's true that seems disastrous for Dustin. Then he doesn't get the money fight OR the title shot. I'd think he would definitely have been in line for the title if not for the Conor rematch.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bruh Man
Analyst
And1: 743

Post#1706 » by Bruh Man » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:01 pm

REDDzone wrote:I haven't looked at the details but IF that's true that seems disastrous for Dustin. Then he doesn't get the money fight OR the title shot. I'd think he would definitely have been in line for the title if not for the Conor rematch.

he doesn't need the Conor fight, that clown might have been looking for an excuse to back-out anyway, he can't compete with the elites anymore.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1707 » by REDDzone » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:12 pm

Bruh Man wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I haven't looked at the details but IF that's true that seems disastrous for Dustin. Then he doesn't get the money fight OR the title shot. I'd think he would definitely have been in line for the title if not for the Conor rematch.

he doesn't need the Conor fight, that clown might have been looking for an excuse to back-out anyway, he can't compete with the elites anymore.

We can probably agree that it would suck for him to have passed on a title shot to fight Conor only to then lose the Conor fight, right?
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#1708 » by Dupp » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:27 pm

They’ll still fight, conors just being emotional. It’s good stuff though.

If for whatever reason it does fall through Gaethje vs Dustin 2 make it happen.

Conors still a big draw though. He can fight a potato and outsell most other PPVs that have way better cards.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1709 » by Dupp » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:28 pm

Bruh Man wrote:

He doesn’t need but he obviously wanted the money. Which was obviously a substantial jump considering he gave up the title shot.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1710 » by Dupp » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:29 pm

They’ll all line up to fight Conor

Read on Twitter
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1711 » by Dupp » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:48 pm

SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,450

Post#1712 » by SichtingLives » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:41 am

Yeah Conor is known to throw these little bitchfits from time to time. Maybe he's just trying to fabricate some beef so he can be a fook talker again and regain his limp swag. Its not going to matter though cuz Dustin is going to sweep the leg again, bop his skull like whack-a-mole and send Conor off to bumfest 3 vs. Nate
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1713 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:32 pm

Well that was predictable nonsense. I actually kind of wish Conor would just stick to fighting Diaz brothers and boxers and geriatrics in bars so I could continue not giving a sh*t.

Read on Twitter
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Post#1714 » by Susan » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:04 am

REDDzone wrote:Well that was predictable nonsense. I actually kind of wish Conor would just stick to fighting Diaz brothers and boxers and geriatrics in bars so I could continue not giving a sh*t.

Read on Twitter

155 is so wide open right now that Khabib stepped down (not sure I believe in Islam as much as Khabib) but he clearly lacks that same drive/focus/ability to freak people the **** out before a fight.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1715 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:42 pm

That is an interesting point. When did that stop exactly?
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Post#1716 » by Susan » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:45 pm

REDDzone wrote:That is an interesting point. When did that stop exactly?

He was openly driven by money + fame and secondarily by the double champ goal.

He's never going to get a bigger fight than Mayweather. He's never going to get a bigger MMA fight than Khabib and before his last fight with Dustin he was talking about how he was fighting for his highlight reel now. That's a pretty **** motivator especially when the dude you're facing was thoroughly embarrassed by you in a transformiative way the last time you fought.

Conor doesn't have to look inwards after his latest losses because - he's still famous and he's still rich - he's made it. That drive to be great is long gone and he's content.

Francis is super intriguing because he's always wanted to be the HW Champ in boxing. MMA was just to hold him over. He's got the physical tools and the drive to cross over and put an honest effort forth in it. Him vs Fury would be great.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1717 » by REDDzone » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:27 pm

LOL no wonder Amanda Nunes decided not to retire. Julianna Pena? Dafuq.
BeerMe911
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1718 » by BeerMe911 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:09 am

REDDzone wrote:LOL no wonder Amanda Nunes decided not to retire. Julianna Pena? Dafuq.

Made no sense not to give that fight to GDR again. I would love to have seen what a kind of challenge an improved GDR could give Nunes. She did pretty damn well last time without grappling experience. Even had Nunes in that triangle.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1719 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:47 pm

Read on Twitter
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,760

Post#1720 » by spykelee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:29 am

So Rory picks up a nice submission win over that dude who was talking about him being a walk in the park just yesterday . I forget Rory is only 31, been around forever

And UFC cuts Diego Sanchez a day after withdrawing from his fight with Cowboy. Little surprised at that one. Not that Diego was any sort of threat but Dana seemed to have a ton of love for the ultimate fighter 1 alum. Thought he would have let him go out on his own terms and not cut him unless thats what Sanchez wanted

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts