Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5

Moderator: lilfishi22

Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#1921 » by Jasen777 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:41 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:They've been great fights. But, yeah, no one needs a 4th. They're each such interesting match-ups for others.

I actaully think this is a fraud click-bait report.

I don't think Helwani is making things up but I could see his sources lying to him, or using his to float the idea.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#1922 » by Headliner » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:31 pm

Apparently Jorge, Twitter stalked Colby, went into a steakhouse with a covid mask and his hood up and sucker punched Colby twice.

Jorge is such a bitch. He sucked Leon as well. He’s going to end up broke. He’s up for a felony assault now. If I were colby I’d press charges or settle for a massive sum.

Jorge has such an inflated ego, guy is definition of toxic.
Colby might be trash, but Jorge is Beyond.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#1923 » by Susan » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:08 pm

Headliner wrote:Apparently Jorge, Twitter stalked Colby, went into a steakhouse with a covid mask and his hood up and sucker punched Colby twice.

Jorge is such a bitch. He sucked Leon as well. He’s going to end up broke. He’s up for a felony assault now. If I were colby I’d press charges or settle for a massive sum.

Don't care about Jorge, the UFC did nothing when he slapped up Leon and promoted Conor after he went after Khabib. They'll do nothin here and the culture of attacking opponents beforehand (and after) will live on.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#1924 » by Dupp » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:14 pm

4th fight was always happening. Should it have been pushed further down the road? Sure. But oh well. It’s the best fight in the division and it’ll be great… winner takes all.

Jorge really snuck up on Colby and sucker punched him and Colby really invoking his rights to keep his name out of reports. These two are parody.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1925 » by Dupp » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:18 pm

Headliner wrote:Apparently Jorge, Twitter stalked Colby, went into a steakhouse with a covid mask and his hood up and sucker punched Colby twice.

Meh, Colby deserves it. He could have stomped on his face for all i care and it’s well justified.

But we all know Colby can beat up Jorge, we just saw it. So hopefully jorge feels good because he gains 0 bragging rights from this.

Would be pretty funny if Colby sues him. Think he wants to keep his name out of it so it doesn’t look like Jorge 1 upped him. Wil probably just press charges.

Oh and someone that was with Colby set him up so Jorge could find him.. wasn’t just a case of him stalking twitter
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1926 » by Headliner » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:36 am

Dupp wrote:

Meh, Colby deserves it. He could have stomped on his face for all i care and it’s well justified.

But we all know Colby can beat up Jorge, we just saw it. So hopefully jorge feels good because he gains 0 bragging rights from this.

Would be pretty funny if Colby sues him. Think he wants to keep his name out of it so it doesn’t look like Jorge 1 upped him. Wil probably just press charges.

Oh and someone that was with Colby set him up so Jorge could find him.. wasn’t just a case of him stalking twitter

First, stomping someone’s face for words is never acceptable. That’s ridiculous. Aside from that though, he had 25 minutes to fight him and got embarrassed, now he’s stalking guys to hit them so he can drop his balls again? It’s such a weak, “need to be a man” move. If he walked up to him face to face and hit him, I’d still disapprove, but at least it’s face to face. Jorge sneak attacks people, it’s cowardly, it’s the opposite of what should be reward as masculine, or tough.

I can’t wait to see how this plays out. Jorge posted a video before basically saying he was going to jump him, so the courts will see it was premeditated. He could face jail time.
Either Jorge or the ufc on jorges behalf are going to be paying colby to drop the charges. If Jorge vs Izzy happens, and Jorge doesn’t get charged, we’ll know why haha.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,079
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#1927 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:33 am

Colby deserves it, should happen more often to him. :thumbsup:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1928 » by Dupp » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:26 am

Well he did get a boomerang thrown at him and called the police then too…

This is like the third incident of a fighter attacking Colby
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1929 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:45 am

Dupp wrote:Well he did get a boomerang thrown at him and called the police then too…

This is like the third incident of a fighter attacking Colby

Not nearly enough for all the threats and personal attacks he lobs.

"Oh, it's just a character." Maybe, but not everyone thinks personal attacks, threats, and talking about families is a game.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1930 » by Dupp » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:57 am

Play with fire, you’re gonna get burnt.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1931 » by REDDzone » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:43 pm

Sounds like Jorge landed more clean shots in the restaurant than the fight tbh.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1932 » by Susan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:22 pm

REDDzone wrote:Sounds like Jorge landed more clean shots in the restaurant than the fight tbh.

He nearly knocked him out, so - nah.

Stupid but less stupid than Cain, Chael, Conor or Mike Perry.

This is a sport filled with the most reckless of the reckless that glorifies it. Jorge's stupidity was at least controlled, targeted and low damage.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1933 » by REDDzone » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:34 pm

Susan wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Sounds like Jorge landed more clean shots in the restaurant than the fight tbh.

This is a sport filled with the most reckless of the reckless that glorifies it. Jorge's stupidity was at least controlled, targeted and low damage.

LOL, you don't need to do damage control for Jorge Masvidal dude. it is what it is. None of those other situations have anything to do with this, irrelevant.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1934 » by Dupp » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:57 pm

Wait we talking bout chaels recent incident because dude was defending his wife. So far and away different to all these other derps.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1935 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:58 pm

They are now 1-1, a dominant decision for Colby, and an immediate finish via strikes in the rematch for Jorge.

Rubber match at a club in Dade county?
Susan
RealGM

Post#1936 » by Susan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:13 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Susan wrote:

LOL, you don't need to do damage control for Jorge Masvidal dude. it is what it is. None of those other situations have anything to do with this, irrelevant.

I called Jorge stupid. My overall feelings towards this is a hearty shrug. Not the first time Colby's big mouth has gotten him in trouble with another fighter and not the first time Jorge has attacked another fighter for whatever reason.

The UFC has actively promoted both dudes off of their inability to control themselves and will continue to do so off of this. Colby can take a punch, he'll be ok, Jorge will most likely be pretty ok with the law after this, it's a nothingburger to me.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1937 » by Dupp » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:42 pm

Lol Conor was arrested again last night.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1938 » by REDDzone » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:04 pm

The only thing weird to me is the whole seeking him out thing. If they ran into each other in public, I would 100% expect that there would a physical confrontation, especially with how personal Colby made this. The fact that he stalked him to some random restaurant doens't bode well though, I probably wouldn't want to be Colby right now tbh lol. From the stories I've heard about Masvidal from when he was younger, I'd honestly say Colby is lucky Jorge only attacked him with his fists.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1939 » by Headliner » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:42 am

Dupp wrote:Play with fire, you’re gonna get burnt.

Sure, and Jorge can enjoy jail thinking and being a dumb **** lol
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1940 » by Dupp » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:28 am

Who would of thought the guy so anti khabib would also be sticking up for Colby? Who could of picked that one?

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts