Moderator: lilfishi22

Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Re: Khabib vs Connor UFC 229. 

Post#601 » by Headliner » Tue Oct 9, 2018 1:16 am

Susan wrote:
Headliner wrote:Islam is the first attacked, his brother is the second, his cousin is the third apparently

Headliner, I'm gunna turn u into tap machine if u don't stop posting incorrect info here! :P

Lol I don’t mean it as fact I meant it as that was what the video is saying

Islam is clearly the guy who is running and slips on the cage. That’s the only fact we know about him.
Then who is the guy who looks identical to him that jumps in the cage right before Khabibs brother jumps in with the red shirt on. That’s not the guy (cousin?) that Conor hit on sitting in the cage.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,223

Post#602 » by Shaazzam » Tue Oct 9, 2018 2:04 am

Susan wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:I remember Khabib saying his dad was going to smash him.

Smesh

Lol, my bad.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#603 » by goodboy » Tue Oct 9, 2018 9:02 am

Read on Twitter

28-0
Bright
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#604 » by Headliner » Tue Oct 9, 2018 10:54 am

I hate that this made me respect Danis more.
Khabib comes in like an idiot jumping in the air and Danis stands and swings. That's craziness. Guy has no fear obviously.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#605 » by REDDzone » Tue Oct 9, 2018 12:35 pm

Headliner wrote:I hate that this made me respect Danis more.
Khabib comes in like an idiot jumping in the air and Danis stands and swings. That's craziness. Guy has no fear obviously.

I saw a video from a guy sitting directly behind him, looks like he may have landed a few times on Khabib. Then a few seconds later someone landed on him a few times from behind (guess that's Islam from what you guys were saying). It all happened so fast and crazy but that's what I got out of it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#606 » by Headliner » Tue Oct 9, 2018 12:52 pm

I hope it wasn't the Islam guy, because it would be a shame to see a guy throw a promising career in the UFC over something as stupid as hitting Dillon in the head from behind a couple of times.

Red shirt guy is the worst. Khabib's actions in isolation would have been crazy, but they would have been dealt with in a reasonable fashion and could be perceived as pretty awesome since no one really got hurt. It's the guys swarming the ring and attacking from behind that made it into something terrible. Conor hitting that guy is bad too, but again, it's hard to get on him since Khabib decided to initiate the altercation and the guy was running over to help Khabib attack Dillon.

Craziness all around. I'm really excited to see where this leads though, and to see who fights who.

Kevin Lee, Conor, Khabib, Tony, Dustin P, Nate, and possibley GSP...that's a fun top to the division.
lin is ok
Bench Warmer
And1: 160

Post#607 » by lin is ok » Tue Oct 9, 2018 1:21 pm

REDDzone wrote:If Khabibs dad is going to smash Khabib, whats he gonna do to his sucker punching coward son?

His dad is goig to do some bear therapy for Khabib.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#608 » by REDDzone » Tue Oct 9, 2018 1:22 pm

Ariel is saying he doesn't think anyone will get in trouble at all. He said Dana has to do the disappointed dad thing, but end of the day this will blow over without issue since nobody was hurt.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#609 » by REDDzone » Tue Oct 9, 2018 1:26 pm

lin is ok wrote:
REDDzone wrote:If Khabibs dad is going to smash Khabib, whats he gonna do to his sucker punching coward son?

His dad is goig to do some bear therapy for Khabib.

I actually cooled down on the legend of Khabib's dad when I found out his other son was the sneak up from behind and sucker punch people guy. I would blame myself too if I raised a sucker puncher.

REDDzone
RealGM

Post#610 » by REDDzone » Tue Oct 9, 2018 2:57 pm

Honestly when I first watched the fight I thought the submission was basically a RNC that Khabib was applying too high up on the face. That's when I complained here that I can't believe Conor didn't push the eblow, handfight, etc.

Watching it again, that looked more like a neck crank, face crush combination. I don't think there's any chance at all he could get out of that. I walk back those statements.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#611 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Oct 9, 2018 3:48 pm

OMG kavanaugh on JRE...the best troll ever? It was legitimately 3/4 Lockhart bro sci.

This is like having Hillary on your podcast Nov 7th 2016 and spending 2 hours discussing voting technology with some random advisor.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#612 » by Bernman » Tue Oct 9, 2018 3:58 pm

REDDzone wrote:Ariel is saying he doesn't think anyone will get in trouble at all. He said Dana has to do the disappointed dad thing, but end of the day this will blow over without issue since nobody was hurt.

Tukhugov is the sacrificial lamb because he's a nobody. But by and large nothing changes and the cycle of lack of accountability among draws in the UFC goes on. Dana feigns outrage, but then even goes so far as to use the incidents for promotion. And if somebody questions him on it he calls them stupid because the best defense is a good offense. ESPN called him on his b.s. in the title of their video interview on Youtube. Said "Dana White Deflects Blame". I wonder if they're going to put up with him as the face of the organization and not deterring the ugly aspects of the sport now that they've gotten a platform on the worldwide leader. Might pressure UFC to force him out for good.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#613 » by Headliner » Tue Oct 9, 2018 5:03 pm

Legitimate institutions won’t put up with his BS.
The more the ufc moves toward the mainstream the more uncomfortable Dana will be. He’s been a tyrant for so long, it’s how he operates, but he’s entering into the world of tickers, hot takes and media awareness. His antics won’t fly.
Dana will have to change how he operates or he’s going to be replaced over the next 5-8 years
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#614 » by goodboy » Tue Oct 9, 2018 8:41 pm

Khabib @ #2 p4p rankings
DC first

What a team/friendship.

Take over.
Bright
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#615 » by Headliner » Tue Oct 9, 2018 9:56 pm

Colby lol

“[Khabib Nurmagomedov is a filthy animal,” Covington said on Twitter. “Way to set the sport back 20 years you stupid sheep ****.”

Needless to say, Covington did not approve of Nurmagomedov’s post-fight actions.

Interestingly, Covington has previously stated that he’d like to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov in the future.

“He’s not that talented, man,” Covington said of Nurmagomedov on a May episode of BJPENN.COM Radio. “His wrestling doesn’t add up to good wrestlers. He has good pressure, but he’s going against guys, not all American Division I wrestlers who have been wrestling since they were five years old. My hips are completely different, my scrambles and my takedowns. I’m a bigger, better, strong, everything better than him. I’m way more handsome. We all know that. I don’t think that his skills are that good, and they don’t translate up to 170, but that’s why I’ll go to 155 if need be. I’ll meet him in Russia. I’d love to go to Russia and silence that crowd and give the Russian fans something to cry about.”
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#616 » by Headliner » Tue Oct 9, 2018 9:59 pm

I’m surprised more guys don’t try to go down to 155 from 170 if they can. With Conor being in it it’s rhe money division right now.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#617 » by Headliner » Tue Oct 9, 2018 10:47 pm

Dana mentioned that they shouldn’t take his whole purse, just 250k or so.

Also he mentioned that Conor isn’t allowed to fight in NY anymore. That’s interesting.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#618 » by REDDzone » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:18 am

27-1

Read on Twitter
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#619 » by REDDzone » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:28 am

Wow lol I don't really follow fighters on social media so sorry if this was already known but apparently Kevin Lee wore a bulletproof vest to the fight and left after the Michelle Waterson fight because he didn't like the vibe. To be fair he did say the best was "half satire".
lin is ok
Bench Warmer
And1: 160

Post#620 » by lin is ok » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:42 am

Who cares about the post fight mayhem. Khabib won despite the ref being bias to conner and all the smack talk presssure. The kid ate up and converted it to a relentless mauling, neck crank. Tap out. Winner takes it all.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts