Fight night 143: Dillashaw vs Cujo

Moderator: lilfishi22

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Re: Fight night 143: Dillashaw vs Cujo 

Post#21 » by Bernman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:21 am

Ended up rooting for the vet there too after he got hit with a bunch of illegal elbows to the back to the head while he was going for the td. Roberson is a monster on the feet (looked like and athletically to resist those td's, but once Glover got it he showed his greenness on the ground. Didn't pick up his legs or grab anything to stop the mount/reverse before Glover settled, nor blocked the step to side for the arm triangle. Quick work of him. I think he still has a good future though. Just needs technical work with more experience.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Bernman
RealGM

Post#22 » by Bernman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:36 am

REDDzone wrote:Ariel was actually being paid by UFC when he worked for Fox, just fyi.

I just read an article to confirm what you said. Guess it wasn't as bad as I thought from the UFC then, although I think all he did was attend a Bellator event. Maybe he was covering it for MMA Fighting. Which he was trying to present himself as not having a conflict of interest for. Guess he was full of it. Makes me lose some respect for him as a man, even though when not having said conflict of interest he's a great mma journalist. Always thought something was fishy about the degree to which he went out of his way to support the UFC and dismiss their competitors back then.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#23 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:38 am

Bernman wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Ariel was actually being paid by UFC when he worked for Fox, just fyi.

I just read an article to confirm what you said. Guess it wasn't as bad as I thought from the UFC then, although I think all he did was attend a Bellator event. Maybe he was covering it for MMA Fighting. Which he was trying to present himself as not having a conflict of interest for. Guess he was full of it. Makes me lose some respect for him as a man, even though when not having said conflict of interest he's a great mma journalist. Always thought something was fishy about the degree to which he went out of his way to support the UFC and dismiss their competitors back then.
Yea I remember Chael coming on his show back then and making comments making it awkward for him like "who do we work for Ariel? Fox or the UFC?". It wasn't until he was fired by the UFC that he admitted that the UFC actually were cutting his checks the whole time.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#24 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:40 am

This PVZ vs Ostovick fight is so low level as to be embarrassing. I admit to not having the best eye for striking proficiency but grappling wise we are talking about white belts. Not blue belts. Legitimately white belts.

It's no wonder PVZ has been subbed quickly by every decent fighter she's ever fought.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#25 » by Bernman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:43 am

REDDzone wrote:This PVZ vs Ostovick fight is so low level as to be embarrassing. I admit to not having the best eye for striking proficiency but grappling wise we are talking about white belts. Not blue belts. Legitimately white belts.

It's no wonder PVZ has been subbed quickly by every decent fighter she's ever fought.

You know why they're really on the main card.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#26 » by Bernman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:46 am

That would especially suck if Ostovich got her elbow dislocated after the recent domestic abuse she suffered too. I guess the silver lining would be she didn't take additional head trauma, spreading around the damage.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#27 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:48 am

Bernman wrote:That would especially suck if Ostovich got her elbow dislocated after the recent domestic abuse she suffered too. I guess the silver lining would be she didn't take additional head trauma, spreading around the damage.

PVZ broke her arm because she was salty that Ostovich went knee on implant.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#28 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:51 am

I swear to God Benavidez vs Ortiz is a fight that has happened 2+ times before. You can't tell me these guys haven't fought already. That's be like saying Tim Elliott hasn't already bought both these guys multiple times as well. Im sure Moraga has fought all the above several times too.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#29 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:01 am

Thank God Cowboy pulled that out. That was incredible. Physically, he looked like garbage. Super off-balance, no bounce in his step, bloated belly. Meanwhile, Hernandez looked a freak athlete and was filled with self-belief. But know-how and experience, Cowboy took that fight over. Had the dude reeling. I only wish the stoppage had been a KO.

The Conor fight makes so much sense for the UFC. It's an easy win for Conor but with a hugely respectable name. Cowboy's 30th fight!? Does that not even include WEC? No, that must include WEC.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#30 » by Bernman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:05 am

40 fights including WEC. And he's "only" been in the UFC for 8 years (WEC/UFC 11+). Penn has 26 UFC fights in 18 years. Cerrone prides himself on not giving an eff, and he regularly needs the money with how recklessly he spends/lives. He'll probably regret it at some point.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#31 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:14 am

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:
Didn't I once predict that your mancrush on TJ Dillashaw would have you soon slandering his next opponent much like you slander his other rivals - Cody and Dom?

Looks like I was right as per usual.

You're missing the confound. Yes, all opponents of TJ are slander-worthy. But this is not because they are opponents of TJ, it's because all opponents of TJ are men under 5'4'' tall and all men under 5'4'' (also, wrestlers) are going to be ****.

Yet you never smear TJ who is 1) a manlet himself and 2) the biggest scum of all except for probably Cody. Hmm.

Well, you know what, then it's time for some serious soul-searching on my part.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#32 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:17 am

Bernman wrote:40 fights including WEC. And he's "only" been in the UFC for 8 years (WEC/UFC 11+). Penn has 26 UFC fights in 18 years. Cerrone prides himself on not giving an eff, and he regularly needs the money with how recklessly he spends/lives. He'll probably regret it at some point.

Dude needs to cash-out with a red panty night. Sell some jet skis, buy some RRSPs. His body is looking effed, can't imagine the state of his brain.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#33 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:17 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Thank God Cowboy pulled that out. That was incredible. Physically, he looked like garbage. Super off-balance, no bounce in his step, bloated belly. Meanwhile, Hernandez looked a freak athlete and was filled with self-belief. But know-how and experience, Cowboy took that fight over. Had the dude reeling. I only wish the stoppage had been a KO.

The Conor fight makes so much sense for the UFC. It's an easy win for Conor but with a hugely respectable name. Cowboy's 30th fight!? Does that not even include WEC? No, that must include WEC.

Cowdad Cerrone will destroy McGruber.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#34 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:18 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:
You're missing the confound. Yes, all opponents of TJ are slander-worthy. But this is not because they are opponents of TJ, it's because all opponents of TJ are men under 5'4'' tall and all men under 5'4'' (also, wrestlers) are going to be ****.

Yet you never smear TJ who is 1) a manlet himself and 2) the biggest scum of all except for probably Cody. Hmm.

Well, you know what, then it's time for some serious soul-searching on my part.

Lol you're a good sport. :lol:
Bernman
RealGM

Post#35 » by Bernman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:19 am

All the fights tonight have been thrilling outside the 3 involving 125 lbers. A 4th will come in the main event. Thought that was an especially odd choice when they're trying to make a good first impression on some new casuals tuning in for their ESPN debut.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#36 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:19 am

Bernman wrote:40 fights including WEC. And he's "only" been in the UFC for 8 years (WEC/UFC 11+). Penn has 26 UFC fights in 18 years. Cerrone prides himself on not giving an eff, and he regularly needs the money with how recklessly he spends/lives. He'll probably regret it at some point.

I've never been a huge fan but his win over Perry got me hyped and tonight was no different. I'm down for one final run. Cowboy baby!
Bernman
RealGM

Post#37 » by Bernman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:23 am

REDDzone wrote:I've never been a huge fan but his win over Perry got me hyped and tonight was no different. I'm down for one final run. Cowboy baby!

He should look for that final payday for financial security into retirement. If he gets starched by Conor, which he probably will, call it quits. The 10 million would be worth the extra concussion. What's a 30th when you already had 29.

If he wins though, he's priced in to fighting Khabib/Tony too, for a shot at his first UFC title, back-doored Bisping style. He's almost better off if he loses beforehand.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#38 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:32 am

GG is such a master of the sh*t that most people won't even realize he's doing. The lack of space between him and his opponent EVER is remarkable. Also even when he's kneeing his opponent, he doesn't redistribute his weight to his opposite foot, he keeps his weight on his opponent via the body lock. Literally never a moment where his opponent isn't bearing his entire weight in addition to their own.

He's literally hanging off his opponent while kneeing him in the ribs without putting any weight on his own opposite foot which is just hanging there in case he needs a base at some point.

Edit: That said, despite being a folk guy, he's also obviously looking for back takes and hooks the whole time a la a freestyle guy. When his opponent rolls to try to break that body lock, he doesn't let go and keep the top side control position at all costs like a DC would, he keeps the body lock and rolls with him and tries to get hooks. Fun to watch.

Edit2: Also using that far side mini kimira grip like Khabib used so effectively against MJ. The more I watch this guy the more similarities to Khabib I notice as opposed to noticing similarities shared with other folk guys.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,284

Post#39 » by PhilBlackson » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:37 am

I'd like to see how GG fairs with a guy like Khabib lol
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#40 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:57 am

LOL this sh*t is lower level than PVZ vs Ostovich. GTFO.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts