UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson

Moderator: CPT

User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,008
And1: 849
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#1 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:27 am

These are pretty much dream matches. Ferguson and Moraes have just not been tested properly, for a variety of reasons. It's been a loss to the sport. Here they get serious challenges.

Is Tony the betting fave?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
User avatar
AirCanadaMouse
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,738
And1: 1,413
Joined: Nov 10, 2014
       

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#2 » by AirCanadaMouse » Wed Jun 5, 2019 3:02 am

Tony is a -180 favourite, I placed a parlay on him and Henry on good odds imo. I hope this Cejudo train keeps rolling tbh.
Image
Thank you Turbozone
User avatar
CPT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 13,046
And1: 1,304
Joined: Jan 21, 2002
Location: Seoul, Korea via Toronto, Canada
     

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#3 » by CPT » Wed Jun 5, 2019 9:55 am

This is this weekend? I'm so out of it.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,767
And1: 1,601
Joined: Oct 31, 2001
 

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#4 » by Headliner » Wed Jun 5, 2019 11:03 am

I love these fights, but I feel like i have no idea when fights are happening. Maybe it's the because the Raptors are still in the playoffs though.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,434
And1: 3,333
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#5 » by REDDzone » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:16 pm

Headliner wrote:I love these fights, but I feel like i have no idea when fights are happening. Maybe it's the because the Raptors are still in the playoffs though.


I think it's because there are so many events that they don't have time to promote future events. You can LITERALLY see UFC social media change their background/profile pictures to promote the next week's event within an hour of any given event occurring. It's nuts.

Anyway, this will bomb again I'm guessing. :lol:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,008
And1: 849
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#6 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:38 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:Tony is a -180 favourite, I placed a parlay on him and Henry on good odds imo. I hope this Cejudo train keeps rolling tbh.


I think it's crazy to bet against Cowboy and Moraes, nevermind both. They're such unknown quantities.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,008
And1: 849
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#7 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:39 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Headliner wrote:I love these fights, but I feel like i have no idea when fights are happening. Maybe it's the because the Raptors are still in the playoffs though.


I think it's because there are so many events that they don't have time to promote future events. You can LITERALLY see UFC social media change their background/profile pictures to promote the next week's event within an hour of any given event occurring. It's nuts.

Anyway, this will bomb again I'm guessing. :lol:


It's going to be an all-time low.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,767
And1: 1,601
Joined: Oct 31, 2001
 

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#8 » by Headliner » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:44 pm

I still think they should have coupled the launch with Conor vs Nate 3. It would have got the most possible people to purchase ESPN+ and even if they cut it directly after, they would have known the process and walked through it once, making repurchasing it far easier and likely.
GoRapstheoriginal
Veteran
Posts: 2,578
And1: 527
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
       

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#9 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:42 pm

Thankfully NO NBA FINALS GAME SATURDAY OR SUNDAY.

So thanks for the reminder, I'll try & find a free stream, they've been cracking down on reddit so it's really tough now.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,434
And1: 3,333
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#10 » by REDDzone » Wed Jun 5, 2019 8:05 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:
Headliner wrote:I love these fights, but I feel like i have no idea when fights are happening. Maybe it's the because the Raptors are still in the playoffs though.


I think it's because there are so many events that they don't have time to promote future events. You can LITERALLY see UFC social media change their background/profile pictures to promote the next week's event within an hour of any given event occurring. It's nuts.

Anyway, this will bomb again I'm guessing. :lol:


It's going to be an all-time low.


To be fair, Henry does have a gold medal. And his stock market is up.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,008
And1: 849
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#11 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:15 pm

No one else seeing Cejudo douchiness yet? Skipped the open workout, pulled up a chair, narrated his life...often in the third person.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 17,474
And1: 24,902
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#12 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:17 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:No one else seeing Cejudo douchiness yet? Skipped the open workout, pulled up a chair, narrated his life...often in the third person.


Hasn't everyone seen his douchiness since day 1? That is why the Henry talking about his gold medal whenever he has a chance has become a popular running joke with MMA fans. That and his over the top almost WWE style trash talk (oh god the snake thing with TJ), I cringe whenever he is on the screen.
User avatar
Susan
RealGM
Posts: 16,099
And1: 3,125
Joined: Jan 25, 2005
Location: jackfinn & Scott May appreciation society
     

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#13 » by Susan » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:58 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:No one else seeing Cejudo douchiness yet? Skipped the open workout, pulled up a chair, narrated his life...often in the third person.


You have to be some sort of douche to be this great.

Awesome having the UFC in town. Ran into Ricardo Lamas (both went to the same college so this shouldn't be that big of a deal) and the Chinese fighter on the undercard at Whole Foods.
User avatar
REDDzone
RealGM
Posts: 28,434
And1: 3,333
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Location: The Hooker Control Service is Back in Business.
 

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#14 » by REDDzone » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:05 pm

Cejudo being a douche has been known and joked about for a long time (constant jokes about his gold medal, constant jokes about him talking in the third person). I think most people just disregarded it because they were STILL rooting for him over Snake-ashaw.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,767
And1: 1,601
Joined: Oct 31, 2001
 

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#15 » by Headliner » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:31 pm

Cejudo brought a Snake for the face off with Moraes... That has nothing to do with him, it was a TJ thing...unless he's using it as a religious metaphor now, which I wouldn't put past him.

He also wore a cape and kings crown and gold medallion. He looked ridiculous. It was a Michael Scott level of cringe and embarrassment.
User avatar
AirCanadaMouse
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,738
And1: 1,413
Joined: Nov 10, 2014
       

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#16 » by AirCanadaMouse » Fri Jun 7, 2019 6:30 pm

I find it hard to hate on him, I enjoy him embracing everything and embellishing it, makes the sport fun haha. It’s doing no harm


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Image
Thank you Turbozone
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 17,474
And1: 24,902
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#17 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:00 pm

Cejudo maybe the most cringest fighter for me at the moment haha. Every time he talks its like listening to a combination of those cringy pep talks you would hear at a 4th grade assembly and a wanna be WWE fighter.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,767
And1: 1,601
Joined: Oct 31, 2001
 

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#18 » by Headliner » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:55 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:I find it hard to hate on him, I enjoy him embracing everything and embellishing it, makes the sport fun haha. It’s doing no harm


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums


I don’t hate him or anything, but he’s a huge corn dog and cringy. Costumes, rubber snakes, third person personas dictate we make jokes at his expense.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,008
And1: 849
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#19 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jun 7, 2019 11:47 pm

He is just augmenting his sincere personality, feigning like it's a put-on. But watch his interviews from 4+ fights ago, he was as cringey.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,008
And1: 849
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: UFC 238 Saturday - Cejudo vs Moraes, Cerrone vs Ferguson 

Post#20 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:38 am

Tough to pick against Cowboy when there is amicability between him and his opponent.

Congenial Cowboy is in the GOAT talk.

Tony's camp should have insisted on a mean mugging. Tactical mistake. Make him feel uncomfortable.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts