Moderator: lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Re: UFC 239: Jones/Santos, Nunes/Holm, Gadelha/Markos 

Post#101 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:54 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:It annoys me when one guy talks trash and stirs the pot, and then that guy and his fans feel like they get to be the judge of when the other guy has gone “too far.” Ben came in slinging heat at everyone and trying to clown them.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Ben was a goofy Twiiter troll. That's his crime.

Jorge KOd him, as the sport demands. THEN consciously pounded on him as many extra shots as he could THEN mocked his badly injured frame.

Ben has children. All that latter **** is unnecessary. Like Paulie's talk of putting Artem (father of a newborn) in a coma.

That's right, I'm going to say it: the guy went too far. Get over yourself.

I agree

That knockout was probably the most vicious one I've seen since the Etim got sent to another dimension by Barboza like 7 years ago. I totally get all the trash talk, I get all the bravado that comes with sport and I get the results is a potential outcome in the fight game. I'm fine with celebrating the win but the way Askren got KO'd STIFF and was still out cold while Masvidal was clowning around, mocking the way Askren got KO'd without at least checking to see how bad Askren was hurt just didn't sit well with me.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#102 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:44 am

Susan wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:Ben talked trash before beating people, Jorge did it after. Get over yourself.

Don't run your mouth at people and enter into a fist fight with them and get all indignant when they mock you back.

That said, I don't think Ben has even released a statement, and when he does, I really doubt he says Jorge took it too far, because he knows his actions have dire consequences if he slips, and that's part of why it's so ballsy to do it. Makes it more funny that fans are so salty about it.

Jorge is a violent ****. But still. Trolling someone on twitter shouldn't be seen as harmless while talk after a KO is seen as some unholy sin. Ben isn't innocent at all.

As for the punches after. Meh, ref stepped in and he stopped.

Ben talked trash to Till after Jorge beat him.

That is actually a very good point.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#103 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:48 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Ben talked trash before beating people, Jorge did it after.

Exactly. You made my point for me.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#104 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:49 am

He also deliberately hit an unconscious man twice. As "justice", to correct "what's wrong with society".

So when Ben struggles to attend to his children for the coming months he can at least know that a greater good is being served.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,034
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

UFC 239: Jones/Santos, Nunes/Holm, Gadelha/Markos 

Post#105 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:08 am

If Ben is that concerned with being punched in the head, he probably shouldn’t talk smack and then fight trained fighters for a living.

But I forgot, Ben’s trash talk is ok and righteous. He and his fans get to determjne when and where trash talk is ok.

Again. Don’t talk reckless and then expect retaliations to stop where you want them to stop. Fallout from your actions are your own fault, even when they are excessive.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#106 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:33 am

Susan wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:It annoys me when one guy talks trash and stirs the pot, and then that guy and his fans feel like they get to be the judge of when the other guy has gone “too far.” Ben came in slinging heat at everyone and trying to clown them.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Jorge KOd him, as the sport demands. THEN consciously pounded on him as many extra shots as he could THEN mocked his badly injured frame.

Ben has children. All that latter **** is unnecessary. Like Paulie's talk of putting Artem (father of a newborn) in a coma.

Ben learned the lesson that sometimes people go too far with things. In Masivdal's world, when people bring stuff to that level, oftentimes they don't live to tweet about it later.

lol.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#107 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:35 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:If Ben is that concerned with being punched in the head, he probably shouldn’t talk smack and then fight trained fighters for a living.

But I forgot, Ben’s trash talk is ok and righteous. He and his fans get to determjne when and where trash talk is ok.

Again. Don’t talk reckless and then expect retaliations to stop where you want them to stop. Fallout from your actions are your own fault, even when they are excessive.

"Ben" isn't concerned about any of this as far as I'm aware. You're arguing against the sports fans. Not even necessarily Ben's fans.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#108 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:35 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
Susan wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:Ben talked trash before beating people, Jorge did it after. Get over yourself.

Don't run your mouth at people and enter into a fist fight with them and get all indignant when they mock you back.

That said, I don't think Ben has even released a statement, and when he does, I really doubt he says Jorge took it too far, because he knows his actions have dire consequences if he slips, and that's part of why it's so ballsy to do it. Makes it more funny that fans are so salty about it.

Jorge is a violent ****. But still. Trolling someone on twitter shouldn't be seen as harmless while talk after a KO is seen as some unholy sin. Ben isn't innocent at all.

As for the punches after. Meh, ref stepped in and he stopped.

Ben talked trash to Till after Jorge beat him.

That is actually a very good point.

Yep, by far the most effective counter argument imo.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#109 » by Susan » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:39 am

Read on Twitter
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#110 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:40 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:If Ben is that concerned with being punched in the head, he probably shouldn’t talk smack and then fight trained fighters for a living.

"Even when they're excessive"? WTF are you talking about? Think about the meaning of the words you just put together.

Not once have you cited the person you admit is being EXCESSIVE.

Also: I'm no a fan of Ben nor do I think he's righteous. I wanted him to lose.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#111 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:45 am

Susan wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

Ben learned the lesson that sometimes people go too far with things. In Masivdal's world, when people bring stuff to that level, oftentimes they don't live to tweet about it later.

He's not "in" a "world". He's a 30-something dude in a sanctioned competition in Las Vegas. He's such a mental midget that he can't leave the rapport of Dade County behind despite the fact that he's in an utterly different context? If he doesn't curb stomp a downed dude, he's not going to be able to walk the streets on Monday?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#112 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:47 am

That the Diaz brothers, Malignaggi, and Jorge have such narrow, inflexible worldviews is interesting and makes fighting sports more interesting.

It's also pretty **** pathetic to be incapable of adaptation, growth, or humanity.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Post#113 » by spykelee » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:50 am

cowboyronnie wrote:He also deliberately hit an unconscious man twice. As "justice", to correct "what's wrong with society".

So when Ben struggles to attend to his children for the coming months he can at least know that a greater good is being served.
Hahahaha!

The celebrating and mocking I don't mind. The extra shots I could take issue with for sure. He was obviously out cold. No need to drop a hendo bomb on the guy

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#114 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:33 am

spykelee wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:He also deliberately hit an unconscious man twice. As "justice", to correct "what's wrong with society".

Hahahaha!

The celebrating and mocking I don't mind. The extra shots I could take issue with for sure. He was obviously out cold. No need to drop a hendo bomb on the guy

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app

I think a decent argument could be made for the opposite. Jorge was seeing the back of Ben's head. Maybe he didn't know how far gone he was (although probably unlikely given his comments afterward). I think the immediate mocking was fine. I've heard enough fighters kind of explain that away with "idk what came over me, must have been the adrenaline". I personally don't like it but have a hard time holding that against Jorge just because I have and never will experience what he experienced in that moment. It's the mocking several minutes after the KO occurred that doesn't sit as well with me. First off, obviously Ben is effed up at that point, secondly, your actions at that point are obviously premeditated and not just pure emotion.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#115 » by Susan » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:37 am

Where are we at regarding Jan's extra punches on Rockhold's dome which resulted in a broken jaw? He had him KO'd, hit him twice afterwards and taunted him.

Talking **** seems to lend itself to a bad outcome when facing the wrong person. Not even, it just lends itself to really bad outcomes when you lose.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#116 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:45 am

Susan wrote:Where are we at regarding Jan's extra punches on Rockhold's dome which resulted in a broken jaw? He had him KO'd, hit him twice afterwards and taunted him.

Talking **** seems to lend itself to a bad outcome when facing the wrong person. Not even, it just lends itself to really bad outcomes when you lose.

I can only answer for myself but I personally thought it was way excessive. People can disagree but that's fine. I can view the situation outside of how douchy Rockhold is.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,482

Post#117 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:24 am

So is the Nunes vs Valentina trilogy the most obvious place for the female fights to go? By far the two most dominant female fighters we have right now. I know Nunes has it 2-0 right now, I personally have it split 1-1. But that just seems like the most obvious fight right now. Both girls just look untouchable at the moment.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#118 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:47 pm

Ben is on Ariel's show today. Evidently, short term damage is minimal. It will be interesting to hear what he says.

Respect that he (as Sonnen always did) shows up to hear the music after a loss.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#119 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:41 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:So is the Nunes vs Valentina trilogy the most obvious place for the female fights to go? By far the two most dominant female fighters we have right now. I know Nunes has it 2-0 right now, I personally have it split 1-1. But that just seems like the most obvious fight right now. Both girls just look untouchable at the moment.

Nunes may be GOAT men or women at this point. She not only has beat every wmma name ever but also FINISHED them all except for Valentina.

Cyborg, Valentina (x2), Rousey, Meischa, Holm is just insane. Hell, throw in GDR who was technically former champion.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,034
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#120 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:45 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:

"Even when they're excessive"? WTF are you talking about? Think about the meaning of the words you just put together.

Not once have you cited the person you admit is being EXCESSIVE.

Also: I'm no a fan of Ben nor do I think he's righteous. I wanted him to lose.

Jorge didn't have to do all that. But Ben didn't have to talk so much **** either.

If Jorge starts Toquinho'ng everyone and excessively celebrating downed opponents who aren't going out of their way to excessively trash him, downgrade him, and flat out troll him, I'll feel a little different.

As of now, I still feel like Ben kept poking and prodding at everyone. If you don't want retaliations, don't start drama. I think it's pretty simple. Maybe in your world, actions don't have consequences, and you can just decide how people react to you insulting them, and dictate how they respond. But that's not the real world for most people.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts