OT- Khabib, Tony fight going on as planned?

Moderator: lilfishi22

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,605

Re: OT- Khabib, Tony fight going on as planned? 

Post#61 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Apr 7, 2020 6:16 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I actually think JG beats Tony. I think JG is a horrible match up for him. Tony seems to get caught at least once every time in a fight, JG is not the kind of guy you want to get caught with. He also is a stud wrestler and hard to take down.

I wish both guys said no to this fight because I wanted to see Khabib get tested by both guys. But I'm also worried that Tony loses and we seriously never see a Khabib/Tony fight.

I agree with you. Tony getting dropped by Lando and Anthony doesn't bode well for him. JG is another animal entirely.

Ya I went on a Tony binge the other day when I was hanging out with the family. About 4 fights or so in my brother says, "this dude seems to almost get knocked out every fight but somehow wins."

I don't think Khabib is a threat to KO him, that is why I really want to see that fight (even though I still can't get out of my head how easily Lee got to mount). But JG is a freaking beast on the feet. I think he clips Tony and ends it within 2 rounds.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#62 » by Susan » Tue Apr 7, 2020 8:57 pm

Headliner wrote:Khabib man... so now he doesn’t have to face one of JG or Tony Ferg

The guy has Conor and Dustin as names he beat.
Dear god, fight some guys worth talking about already.

Michael Johnson, RDA, Barbosa and Al are like Dan Hardy level names for GSP, and he was the easiest fight he had. Those are Khabibs 3-6 guys lol

RDA? Dude has some scalps. Kevin Lee, Benson, Nate, Cowboy 2x, took the shine off of Pettis. Find me a better 3rd best victory in that division.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#63 » by goodboy » Tue Apr 7, 2020 9:37 pm

Headliner wrote:Khabib man... so now he doesn’t have to face one of JG or Tony Ferg

Michael Johnson, RDA, Barbosa and Al are like Dan Hardy level names for GSP, and he was the easiest fight he had. Those are Khabibs 3-6 guys lol

Weird post.

Tony has beaten who exactly?

Khabib took out 2 top guys in the LHW div in Conor/Dustin.

Not saying khabib's resume is far superior, but Tony isnt on his own boat here either.

A staph Lee, an old Cerrone, the very inconsistent RDA and Edson, who both guys beat.
Bright
goodboy
RealGM

Post#64 » by goodboy » Tue Apr 7, 2020 9:38 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I actually think JG beats Tony. I think JG is a horrible match up for him. Tony seems to get caught at least once every time in a fight, JG is not the kind of guy you want to get caught with. He also is a stud wrestler and hard to take down.

I wish both guys said no to this fight because I wanted to see Khabib get tested by both guys. But I'm also worried that Tony loses and we seriously never see a Khabib/Tony fight.

Said the samething in my forum.

Bad match up for Tony, but it'll be so fun.
Bright
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#65 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Apr 7, 2020 9:40 pm

goodboy wrote:

Oh its going to be a hell of a fight. Its either going to be a crazy 1st round KO or a disgusting 4-5 round bloody fight that is going to be epic. Its pretty much impossible for this fight to not be epic. It would be like putting Ngannou against someone like Derrick Lewis, there is no way that fight isn't going to be legendary...
goodboy
RealGM

Post#66 » by goodboy » Tue Apr 7, 2020 9:42 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
goodboy wrote:

Oh its going to be a hell of a fight. Its either going to be a crazy 1st round KO or a disgusting 4-5 round bloody fight that is going to be epic. Its pretty much impossible for this fight to not be epic. It would be like putting Ngannou against someone like Derrick Lewis, there is no way that fight isn't going to be legendary...

I can see this outcome.

Im curious how Justin is looking though. Im sure he was keeping up in shape in case one of these gets dropped.
Bright
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#67 » by AirCanadaMouse » Tue Apr 7, 2020 10:46 pm

This is so stupid.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Susan
RealGM

Post#68 » by Susan » Wed Apr 8, 2020 5:25 pm

Anybody got any good links to help get my friends into this fight?
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#69 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 8, 2020 5:29 pm

Susan wrote:Anybody got any good links to help get my friends into this fight?

cbr keeps sending me these vids of himself shirtless doing kata by a koi pond, he's also wearing those weird ninja sweatpants.

...I'm not sure that helps you with your goal but I just had to tell somebody.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM

Post#70 » by Susan » Wed Apr 8, 2020 6:32 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Susan wrote:Anybody got any good links to help get my friends into this fight?

cbr keeps sending me these vids of himself shirtless doing kata by a koi pond, he's also wearing those weird ninja sweatpants.

...I'm not sure that helps you with your goal but I just had to tell somebody.

He's a fellow long distance runner from the Twin Cities so he's not into the violence but I basically explained how I watch for the battle of wills.

Asking him to watch the DC's Universe thing on E60. If you can't get into DC, you're not a fan of anything good or decent in this world.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#71 » by Headliner » Wed Apr 8, 2020 6:40 pm

goodboy wrote:

Weird post.

Tony has beaten who exactly?

Khabib took out 2 top guys in the LHW div in Conor/Dustin.

Not saying khabib's resume is far superior, but Tony isnt on his own boat here either.

A staph Lee, an old Cerrone, the very inconsistent RDA and Edson, who both guys beat.

Not saying Tonys is super special but I’m saying his resume is trash if he wants to claim goat status and pound for pound titles that he’s been getting credited with.

Dana wants that Russian market/money so he’s made Khabib his cash cow. He’s gotten far too much love for his actual accomplishments. He’s good, like a woodly was good
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#72 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 8, 2020 6:49 pm

I think Khabib may be the best fighter alive. I also think his resume is too thin at this juncture to consider him up there with the GSPs of the world or to put him in the GOAT conversation, so I see both sides.

Also LOL at RDA being Khabib's third best win. RDA is his best win IMO. Poirier isn't in the same stratosphere.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#73 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 8, 2020 6:53 pm

REDDzone wrote:I think Khabib may be the best fighter alive. I also think his resume is too thin at this juncture to consider him up there with the GSPs of the world or to put him in the GOAT conversation, so I see both sides.

Also LOL at RDA being Khabib's third best win. RDA is his best win IMO. Poirier isn't in the same stratosphere.

Show some respect for the champ.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#74 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 8, 2020 7:03 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I think Khabib may be the best fighter alive. I also think his resume is too thin at this juncture to consider him up there with the GSPs of the world or to put him in the GOAT conversation, so I see both sides.

You should forgive him at some point. He's not a bad dude. Lots of charitable work in his hometown where it's sorely needed due to poverty.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#75 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 7:10 pm

Susan wrote:

RDA? Dude has some scalps. Kevin Lee, Benson, Nate, Cowboy 2x, took the shine off of Pettis. Find me a better 3rd best victory in that division.

Dustin actually has a pretty top heavy resume.

Max 2x
Eddie Alvarez
Justin Gaethje
Anthony Pettis

That's 5 very high quality wins.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#76 » by goodboy » Wed Apr 8, 2020 10:08 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Susan wrote:

Dustin actually has a pretty top heavy resume.

Max 2x
Eddie Alvarez
Justin Gaethje
Anthony Pettis

That's 5 very high quality wins.

I think RDA faced literally every killer lol Dude got the short end of the stick. Almost fought Conor as well.
Bright
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#77 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 9, 2020 1:21 am

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

You should forgive him at some point. He's not a bad dude. Lots of charitable work in his hometown where it's sorely needed due to poverty.

He seems a great guy, I agree.

But, also, I'm going to assume he's not reading this so I'm not really hurting his feelings. If he is, uhhh, hey, Dustin, nothing but love. I think you're tops. Send me a PM, I will donate $200 to your charity.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#78 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 9, 2020 10:13 pm

cancelled

fuuuuck
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#79 » by AirCanadaMouse » Thu Apr 9, 2020 10:26 pm

You’re actually bummed out? Even the biggest mma fans shouldn’t want this event produced under any circumstance.

It’s not right for the fighters, at all... or for the people in California. This was just a stubborn mismanaged mistake by Dana just getting fighters to travel during this time where nothing was set... and of course he won’t compensate them all properly.

And now we can see tony vs Khabib. Tony is at an age where he can’t take any damage or any fights even if he wins, it’s not the worst thing for him to have an extended break.

This event was an entire mess and should have been cancelled from the start. Now is not the time.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Thank you Clutch0z24
Susan
RealGM

Post#80 » by Susan » Thu Apr 9, 2020 10:47 pm

Read that the UFC's contract with ESPN requires them to run 40 or so events a year to get $750m.

Wonder if they can survive a serious time off.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts