UFC 252: Stipe/DC 3 + The Suga Show

Moderator: lilfishi22

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Re: UFC 252: Stipe/DC 3 + The Suga Show 

Post#101 » by Dupp » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:54 pm

Jurry wrote:I hope O Malley is ok but at the same time I'm fine if I don't hear his name for a while. Never seen a guy who is basically a fight night headliner at this point get pushed all the way into a co-main slot off the hype of knocking out Amy Winehouses brother and having tekashi 69 hairstyles

:guitar:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#102 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:41 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Anyone else annoyed with the announcers repeatedly calling Suga's stop decision "interesting"? He was taking massive elbows to the face and had an obvious leg injury. It was the most obvious call possible. They were REALLY into making him the next big thing.

I think it was weird because if you wanted to stop it for the leg, you stop it before the elbows, but if you weren't stopping it for the leg, then the elbows weren't enough to justify calling it. It wasn't going to go much longer either way, but ignoring the leg injury context, it was a poor stoppage. I think you just stop it as soon as he falls on his obviously compromised leg though.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#103 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:01 pm

It was a weird paternalism from Dean. Stop it for the leg or don't. No need to give the guy a way out. He can tap or turtle or flop to the ground if he wants to be saved.

Note that Suga had no complaints. Contrast that to Chandler against Primus.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#104 » by REDDzone » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:40 pm

Shaazzam wrote:Didn't Jones already admit to doing some timely tweets in order to maintain a buzz about himself?

Read on Twitter
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#105 » by REDDzone » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:52 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:It was a weird paternalism from Dean. Stop it for the leg or don't. No need to give the guy a way out. He can tap or turtle or flop to the ground if he wants to be saved.

I dislike Chandler as much as you do, but in hindsight that was a sh*tty situation for him. Someone (I think it was actually someone from the commission) pulled his stool out from underneath him in between rounds. He didn't know it so when he sat down, he fell straight on his as$ and the ref waved it off at that point, thinking he couldn't even stand up on his own. :lol:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#106 » by Susan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:57 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:It was a weird paternalism from Dean. Stop it for the leg or don't. No need to give the guy a way out. He can tap or turtle or flop to the ground if he wants to be saved.

I dislike Chandler as much as you do, but in hindsight that was a sh*tty situation for him. Someone (I think it was actually someone from the commission) pulled his stool out from underneath him in between rounds. He didn't know it so when he sat down, he fell straight on his as$ and the ref waved it off at that point, thinking he couldn't even stand up on his own. :lol:

Pretty good prank.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#107 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:55 pm

REDDzone wrote:

Oh, I didn't articulate my point properly. I'm suggesting Suga lacks some vital fighting spirit. Chandler would have fought through and, if it were stopped, would have flipped his lid. We saw none of that from OMalley. He lacks the fire the Chandler has (granted, I'm of the opinion that Chandler's source of fire is contained in vials in a mini-fridge in his basement).
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#108 » by REDDzone » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:58 am

^ Ah, gotcha. That makes sense, I just misunderstood.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts