UFC 253: Izzy Vs Very attractive man + Reyes vs Blachowicz

Moderator: lilfishi22

lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Re: UFC 253: Izzy Vs Very attractive man + Reyes vs Blachowicz 

Post#61 » by lobosloboslobos » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:44 am

Wow. Costa looked terrifying against everybody else and like a helpless puppy against Adesanya.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#62 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:46 am

Izzy can generate so much power when he leans back like that. Would be off balance for anyone else. Similar to the rob knockout. He kinda of just clipped costa but knocked him on his ass.

Izzy is so cringe though... ugh.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Post#63 » by Reeko » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:47 am

Dupp wrote:Izzy can generate so much power when he leans back like that. Would be off balance for anyone else. Similar to the rob knockout. He kinda of just clipped costa but knocked him on his ass.

Izzy is so cringe though... ugh.

A temple shot will do that.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#64 » by Susan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:48 am

Izzy/Jones for 205 belt, just let Jan be forgotten.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#65 » by Prez » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:50 am

Man what the heck was Costa’s game plan?

Anyways Cannonier would be fun but at this point I just want to see the Jones fight. Take 6-7 months off and bulk up a bit
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#66 » by TGW » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:52 am

Susan wrote:Izzy/Jones for 205 belt, just let Jan be forgotten.

They aren't going to fight each other...neither one wants that black mark on his legacy.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#67 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:52 am

Costa gotta be really disappointed going out like that. Didn’t even throw hardly any strikes
Dupp
RealGM

Post#68 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:56 am

Prez wrote:Man what the heck was Costa’s game plan?

Anyways Cannonier would be fun but at this point I just want to see the Jones fight. Take 6-7 months off and bulk up a bit

Jones is already bulking up himself it’s not happening anytime soon.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#69 » by High 5 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:58 am

Adesanya's a douche, but he's one hell of a fighter. Absolute clinic.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#70 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:02 am

Yeah pretty lame im butt **** him at the end... his striking is amazing though
Spice Melange
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,318

Post#71 » by Spice Melange » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:32 am

That was such an underwhelming fight, I was expecting Costa to put up some sort of resistance or fight, but nope Izzy just straight schooled the man. Theres no one really left for Izzy in this division.
1/26/20
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,083
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#72 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:16 am

I really don’t understand why people thought this was going to be so great. Costa is a talent, and I’m not as hype on Izzy as some people, but if you want to tailor make a guy for Izzy to piece up, it’s Costa. He’s tall, but with short arms, and he plods forward and stands still, and eats shots.

Kinda shocked about Reyes though. Another guy whose big claim to fame will be making it close with Jones, even though he never put him in real danger. I think Santos is going to take the belt off Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#73 » by Headliner » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:46 am

Izzy is so cringe, and not in a funny over the top way.
I respect his talent, but he’s so ugh.

His cringe is only going to get worse as his ego and win streak increases.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#74 » by gigantes » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:44 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:As I've had the chance to see more of Costa the more I like him as a person. Seems like a real down to earth guy who respects the art. I just think that his style plays right into Izzy's strength. The Weasel is calling for an Izzy 2nd round TKO or KO off counter striking.

Reyes should've been crowned LHW Champ after he beat Bones. He'll beat Blachowiscz

Funny... the more I've seen and learned about Costa, the more he seems like a complete jackass. Totally unprepared for last night's fight, completely unable to adapt or do anything more than throw pointless taunts. He was like a deer in the headlights that manages to stick out its tongue before getting slammed by a truck.

Doesn't help that he's apparently a huge supporter of the dictator and human rights abuser in Brasil, President Bolsonaro.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#75 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:45 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Paulo is laughably one-dimensional. In training, we never see him do footwork...never even see him move his feet. He is standing planted to the floor doing power drills.

Gonna get eaten alive. KO round 1 or 2.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#76 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:07 am

Costa obviously had a bad game plan not that it would have made a difference but still.

He doesn’t really seem like a jackass though. Izzy has been a Java’s to him since forever. Izzy was talking about beating up the bully but really if anyone has acted like a bully between the two it was definitely Izzy.
MystikSpiral
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#77 » by MystikSpiral » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:13 pm

I love how Adesanya always paints this picture of him being this skinny guy that takes on the bully, when in my opinion he actually kinda looked bigger than Costa and is constantly being a douche.

Everytime there is any kind of animosity in or before his fights, it is always Adesanya that initiates it. Did it against Brunson, Vettori, even against Rob Whitaker. Dude is super thin-skinned and petty and seems just generally unlikeable.

That being said, he just seems so far ahead of everybody in the middleweight division right now and none of the upper tier has the ability to get him down AND test him on the ground. I'd love to see a Whitaker rematch, but he is too small in my opinion to pose a challenge. Maybe a fight with Hermannson would be interesting....
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#78 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:27 pm

Wo1verine wrote:Israel was a chicken **** vs. Romero - He'll be forced to fight vs. Costa.

Just takes on shot and that weirdo is done - Costa will need to get it done probably in first couple rounds before he gasses with all that muscle mass.

My guess is we see this replay - Costa by KO between rounds 1-3.

There are levels to this. Izzy wins 10/10. His counters are tight and straight, he is aware of everything in the pocket.

The only surprise was that Costa conceded so quick. Didn't even go out.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#79 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:28 pm

MystikSpiral wrote:I love how Adesanya always paints this picture of him being this skinny guy that takes on the bully, when in my opinion he actually kinda looked bigger than Costa and is constantly being a douche.

Everytime there is any kind of animosity in or before his fights, it is always Adesanya that initiates it. Did it against Brunson, Vettori, even against Rob Whitaker. Dude is super thin-skinned and petty and seems just generally unlikeable.

That being said, he just seems so far ahead of everybody in the middleweight division right now and none of the upper tier has the ability to get him down AND test him on the ground. I'd love to see a Whitaker rematch, but he is too small in my opinion to pose a challenge. Maybe a fight with Hermannson would be interesting....

The Brunson thing was so cruel and messed up, out of proportion. F*** Izzy.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#80 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:55 pm

Izzy is just too good. Not a fan of the antics at the end and then going over and sh*t talking Costa's coaches. Don't mar your perfect performance, dude.

Jan is good. It's easy for me to say now but I was surprised when everyone thought Reyes would roll through him. The Poles are the toughest people this side of Dagestan. :lol:

Kara-France/Royval was pretty sick actually. I thought Royval made a few strategic mistakes, he almost landed a knee to a grounded opponent and he also jumped for a choke when he may have been able to finish with strikes, but otherwise his grappling was fun to watch. Unreal that the other dude went for a sloppy takedown and that's how he got caught.

I skipped the WMMA match. I heard it was good though.

Dawodu winning made my night tbh, after all the nonsense with Tukhugov and then him missing weight by 5 lbs with plenty of time to spare. So happy Tukhugov didn't get the win based off that last second bs td in the 2nd round that he didn't do anything with, and then running the entire 3rd. He's lucky he never had to fight the GOAT.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts