Post#1 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:18 pm

this weekend
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: UFC 261 - Usman vs Jorge, Rose vs Zhang, Schev vs Andrade 

Post#2 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:24 pm

I hate to say it, but I think Jorge is going to win this. Rd 1 KO.

LOL @ this talk about Usman's jab being "the best weapon in MMA". He messes up the angle on it when he circles to his left and loses the needed footwork anytime he is pressed. Jorge is going to eff him up. He will counter over the top of that jab for a KO. And he'll do it in the re-match too. Usman is a sitting duck.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#3 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:41 pm

I legitimately can't tell if this is sarcasm. Why would Jorge randomly eff him up after being dominated last fight? Is it his work with Jake Paul that will put him over the top?

50-45 Usman in another snoozer.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#4 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:00 pm

REDDzone wrote:I legitimately can't tell if this is sarcasm. Why would Jorge randomly eff him up after being dominated last fight? Is it his work with Jake Paul that will put him over the top?

Randomly? You can't think of any variable that has been changed? Jorge had to lose 20 pounds in 6 days, deal with Covid protocols, fly to the UAE, and had been hosting Bo Nickal at ATT for the previous month. No way was he working on countering jabs or gameplanning Marty. He's now had months to watch for Usman's holes, work off the fence, and he can trust his cardio.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#5 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:09 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I legitimately can't tell if this is sarcasm. Why would Jorge randomly eff him up after being dominated last fight? Is it his work with Jake Paul that will put him over the top?

Randomly? You can't think of any variable that has been changed? Jorge had to lose 20 pounds in 6 days, deal with Covid protocols, fly to the UAE, and had been hosting Bo Nickal at ATT for the previous month. No way was he working on countering jabs or gameplanning Marty. He's now had months to watch for Usman's holes, work off the fence, and he can trust his cardio.

I admit I forgot how tight that timeline was, so I'll concede the point. I favor Usman but just looked at the odds and think they're out of wack. Hopefully you make some money on your prediction.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#6 » by Dupp » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:34 pm

Usman wants to finish Jorge this time. That’s part of the reason why he wanted masvidal again ( other part money). So he is gonna put himself in more danger this fight than the last imo. But still I agree he’ll win easily.

Anyway I’m poking forward to the 2 women’s fights way more, particularly Zhang and rose.

Pretty sure Dana’s lined these fights up because he wants Valentina and Zhang to fight if they both win.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#7 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:32 pm

Usman is smart. He knows he doesn't make money without the belt. He will do whatever he can to win IMO.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#8 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:04 pm

I had not considered that he might really, really try to win. :P I thought he'd be his usual moderate ambivalence.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#9 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:55 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:I had not considered that he might really, really try to win. :P I thought he'd be his usual moderate ambivalence.

I was responding to the idea that he is more willing to put himself in danger to get a finish.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#10 » by Dupp » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:17 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:I had not considered that he might really, really try to win. :P I thought he'd be his usual moderate ambivalence.

I was responding to the idea that he is more willing to put himself in danger to get a finish.

He kinda said that himself. Said he wasn’t happy with how he won and wants to finish masvidal. He could easily go out and do the exact same thing. Pushing for a finish would open up the fight a lot more though. We’ll see.

Think he wants a better rep than a “ boring wrestler”. His fights either side of the Jorge fight have been way more spectacular. That’s also what sells and gets your stock to rise.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#11 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:26 pm

Dupp wrote:He kinda said that himself. Said he wasn’t happy with how he won and wants to finish masvidal. He could easily go out and do the exact same thing. Pushing for a finish would open up the fight a lot more though. We’ll see.

Think he wants a better rep than a “ boring wrestler”. His fights either side of the Jorge fight have been way more spectacular. That’s also what sells and gets your stock to rise.

Right but of course he's saying that. The card won't sell if people expect a repeat of the first bout.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#12 » by Jasen777 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:34 pm

REDDzone wrote:Right but of course he's saying that. The card won't sell if people expect a repeat of the first bout.

"I'm going to go out there play it safe and get the decision." Don't recall anyone promoting a fight that way.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Post#13 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:00 pm

My only hope is Usman has bought into the hype about his stand up progression and he tries to stand and bang with Jorge.

But I highly doubt that. I think Usman just goes back to eat he did in the first fight and just hugs him for 25 minutes.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#14 » by Headliner » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:43 pm

I want Jorge to KO him just so Dana can get clowned for saying that Usman is the 170 GOAT.

Dana is such a bitter twat
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#15 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:13 pm

Where can I bet, as a Canadian, for 1 rd KO wins? I think there is a real good chance for both a 1st or 2nd rd Jorge KO win and a Schevchenko win. That parlay has got to give 20:1 odds...despite it being a real live possibility.

I'm not really a big Schevchenko guy. I can't figure out how good she is. But Andrade is definitely overrated.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#16 » by Dupp » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:21 am

Masvidal sounded sick at the press conference ftr.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#17 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:12 pm

Dupp wrote:Masvidal sounded sick at the press conference ftr.

Good eye. I'm maybe hold off on putting my mortgage payment up in a parlay.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#18 » by REDDzone » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:40 pm

I feel like Andrade is great at just walking forward terminator style and getting her ass kicked. Not sure about a first round finish although it IS a higher weight class and also I forgot she was finished by Weili.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#19 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:52 pm

REDDzone wrote:I feel like Andrade is great at just walking forward terminator style and getting her ass kicked. Not sure about a first round finish although it IS a higher weight class and also I forgot she was finished by Weili.

She was definitely not proving herself the better fighter in that Rose fight. Rose was absolutely piecing her up. Plus, yeah, the 1 rd KO from Weili.

My only hesitation is I don't know whether Schevchenko has the boxing needed to really exploit Andrade. She doesn't control distance or counter-punch. It's more of a point fighting style. I mean, I don't even know what Schevchenko does, TBH. It's pretty ugly. Muscled and tight and not at all flowing. The opposite of Rose, really.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#20 » by REDDzone » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:55 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I feel like Andrade is great at just walking forward terminator style and getting her ass kicked. Not sure about a first round finish although it IS a higher weight class and also I forgot she was finished by Weili.

She was definitely not proving herself the better fighter in that Rose fight. Rose was absolutely piecing her up. Plus, yeah, the 1 rd KO from Weili.

My only hesitation is I don't know whether Schevchenko has the boxing needed to really exploit Andrade. She doesn't control distance or counter-punch. It's more of a point fighting style. I mean, I don't even know what Schevchenko does, TBH. It's pretty ugly. Muscled and tight and not at all flowing. The opposite of Rose, really.

The Rose fight is one of the examples I was thinking of where she was getting her ass kicked the whole time but just kept moving forward. Same with the Joanna fight. Not so easy to finish though.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts