Moderator: lilfishi22

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Re: UFC 261 - Usman vs Jorge, Rose vs Zhang, Schev vs Andrade 

Post#161 » by Susan » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:22 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:I love Rose. Her reaction to winning was so wholesome and adorable.

As far as Mazvidal, last night clearly was a wake up call for the dude. At 36 now, where do you really go from here? Do you call it quits? I can’t wait to see Covington-Usman. Unlike everyone else in the division Covington legitimately has a chance, though with Usman’s improved striking Colby needs to be more prepared as well.

Loved the Rose moment. It looked like she endeared herself to everyone last night with the performance and the post-fight interview.

I wouldn’t expect Jorge to call it quits. There’s still some interesting things there for him in the division, even if he’s not in the title picture. A rematch with Wonderboy could work its way into the equation and be a great fight. We could see the Edwards fight finally happen — which would be good for both guys at this point. If Usman waxes Coby in the rematch, maybe there’s an angle to get Coby/Jorge especially after their history and the callouts.

Hard to say what his stock will be like, but I suspect it won’t have dropped all that much (in terms of fans desire to see him).

It was pretty ridiculous that they panned to Colby moments after the KO. a) Not Colby's moment, b) I think Colby gave the neck slash motion. Right, buddy. You really want that? It sounds about time for you to price yourself out of the re-match, I think.

That fight is going to be a slaughter. Colby can't possibly show up with confidence. And what is his gimmick now? Marty Snoozeman has finished 3 of 4, including Colby himself, in super dramatic fashion. Colby won't have finished a fight (minus injury) in 5 years.

For what it's worth, that first fight was a **** war, Colby was about as game as they come and it was razer close. Colby looked freaking good against Woodley and he's going to be prepared for another war against Usman.

They gotta hype up the next fight and to the casuals who bought the card last night, they're now aware of Colby.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#162 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:46 pm

Susan wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
Loved the Rose moment. It looked like she endeared herself to everyone last night with the performance and the post-fight interview.

I wouldn’t expect Jorge to call it quits. There’s still some interesting things there for him in the division, even if he’s not in the title picture. A rematch with Wonderboy could work its way into the equation and be a great fight. We could see the Edwards fight finally happen — which would be good for both guys at this point. If Usman waxes Coby in the rematch, maybe there’s an angle to get Coby/Jorge especially after their history and the callouts.

Hard to say what his stock will be like, but I suspect it won’t have dropped all that much (in terms of fans desire to see him).

It was pretty ridiculous that they panned to Colby moments after the KO. a) Not Colby's moment, b) I think Colby gave the neck slash motion. Right, buddy. You really want that? It sounds about time for you to price yourself out of the re-match, I think.

That fight is going to be a slaughter. Colby can't possibly show up with confidence. And what is his gimmick now? Marty Snoozeman has finished 3 of 4, including Colby himself, in super dramatic fashion. Colby won't have finished a fight (minus injury) in 5 years.

For what it's worth, that first fight was a **** war, Colby was about as game as they come and it was razer close. Colby looked freaking good against Woodley and he's going to be prepared for another war against Usman.

They gotta hype up the next fight and to the casuals who bought the card last night, they're now aware of Colby.

I don't think it's worth much.
The Usman who trained under that old school meathead Henry Hooft and the Usman currently training under Wittman are two totally different beasts. Compare the results w/r Jorge as proof. There was only like 12 months difference.

"X looked good against Woodley" ...is not exactly a unique credit.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,254

Post#163 » by Shaazzam » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:10 am

Susan wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Where was Matt Serra to credit Uriah with "you did that to him! put your **** hands up!" They celebrated mercilessly after the Anderson win.

I worry that this is going to really mess Uriah up. He's always seemed super conflicted about many things, and based on comments over the years I think you and I may be on the same wavelength as to what one of them is. That said, I think another one is that doubt he actually likes to hurt people, and I think he was just accepting that fact if he wants to be a killer in the division. But this? I think this might be devastating to him and will totally mess his head up.

Then he can watch Anderson Silva's leg wrap around Chris's knee and then remember that he fought Anderson and realize that Chris will more or less be ok after all of this.

Gruesome, yes but knowing what we know about this game that these guys play with their bodies and mind it's truly par for the course. He just checked a leg kick, he didn't do anything spectacular even.

I totally get what you're saying, and I hope you're right.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#164 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:45 am

MystikSpiral wrote:Man I just wish Kamaru Usman wasn't so unlikeable/unrelatable...You don't really know why, but you just don't like him. He shows no personality whatsoever, always appears like a bad actor trying to look tough. Tyron Woodley hit the nail on the head, when he was making fun of him for trying to sound like LL Cool J...Just be yourself, man...

I think it was right after the Woodley fight that the real Kamaru came out, and I liked it. He’s a fighter, and he wants the persona of a dangerous killer, but it just doesn’t convey like he wants it. Just be the fantastic athlete and snart guy you are.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#165 » by REDDzone » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:31 am

This is what Askren was getting at with the Marty thing (although I think that came off as gross and was understandably misinterpreted by everyone). He said growing up he used to see Usman at wrestling tournaments all the time, and he was just the nicest kid. Then overnight he started putting on this mean persona and Askren was like, "hey you're not fooling me, you're Marty from Nebraska!" lol.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#166 » by Dupp » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:29 pm

Usman really isn’t unlikable. He’s just kinda cringey and doesn’t have the type of charisma that people gravitate to. But he’s a good and likeable dude.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#167 » by REDDzone » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:22 pm

Dupp wrote:Usman really isn’t unlikable. He’s just kinda cringey and doesn’t have the type of charisma that people gravitate to. But he’s a good and likeable dude.

I think I agreed with this until him and Ali beat up a bunch of people in the crowd at WSOF.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#168 » by Dupp » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:03 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Dupp wrote:Usman really isn’t unlikable. He’s just kinda cringey and doesn’t have the type of charisma that people gravitate to. But he’s a good and likeable dude.

I think I agreed with this until him and Ali beat up a bunch of people in the crowd at WSOF.

Never heard about this. Ali couldn’t be more unlikable though.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts