cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: UFC 266 this weekend 

Post#41 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:24 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
Dupp wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
His strikes were NOTICEABLY slower than any of his previous fights and had less pop behind them than ever. That wasn’t the same Diaz in terms of his striking or how he appeared physically.

And some of it’s a knock on him, some of its not. He wasn’t in ideal shape, but the other half is he’s just a lot older than when we last saw him.

He wasnt even ready to fight, he was forced into it. Trained for 6 weeks only.

The fight was announced on 7/13 by Dana White. You had to figure he and Lawler knew about the fight a week or so before that maybe? But even if they didn’t, 7/13 to 9/25 is close to two and a half months. And then on top of that, he was the one posting pictures/videos earlier in the year, where he was in much better shape than he was on fight night.

I like watching the Diaz’s as much as the next guy, but they’re so full of **** when they lose a fight. It’s always, “I’m not gonna make any excuses… but listen to all these excuses so you know what I was going through.” Always some BS sob story.

Yeah, what nonsense from Nick. But I mean this is a dude who clearly has some general problems with cogency. He contradicts himself by the minute.

He did get in there and give, maybe not *all*, but a lot of effort. I am still excited to see him fight.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#42 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:27 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:Great fight. Great atmosphere. Diaz looked noticeably out of shape. It’s one thing to come in bigger, but he looked soft/chubby. He was throwing in slow motion and a lot of his strikes didn’t have much behind them.

No clue what he was on about during the post fight.

LOL

That is an exact description of every Diaz punch ever thrown. His hands looked identical to every other fight.

His strikes were NOTICEABLY slower than any of his previous fights and had less pop behind them than ever. That wasn’t the same Diaz in terms of his striking or how he appeared physically.

And some of it’s a knock on him, some of its not. He wasn’t in ideal shape, but the other half is he’s just a lot older than when we last saw him.

You might be right. I insisted that my old lady re-watch some fights with me last ight, and she was like, "wtf, why is he punching with just his forearms and why is he punching so slow???" But, again, is that a Diaz being slow or just a Diaz?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#43 » by Dupp » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:00 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
Dupp wrote:

He wasnt even ready to fight, he was forced into it. Trained for 6 weeks only.

The fight was announced on 7/13 by Dana White. You had to figure he and Lawler knew about the fight a week or so before that maybe? But even if they didn’t, 7/13 to 9/25 is close to two and a half months. And then on top of that, he was the one posting pictures/videos earlier in the year, where he was in much better shape than he was on fight night.

I like watching the Diaz’s as much as the next guy, but they’re so full of **** when they lose a fight. It’s always, “I’m not gonna make any excuses… but listen to all these excuses so you know what I was going through.” Always some BS sob story.

Yeah, what nonsense from Nick. But I mean this is a dude who clearly has some general problems with cogency. He contradicts himself by the minute.

He did get in there and give, maybe not *all*, but a lot of effort. I am still excited to see him fight.

For the record, Nick didn’t offer up the excuses. I tend to believe and side with the fighters over the ufc. Who often announce fights before they’re signed. Maybe he was injured or something I dunno. I think Ariel also hinted at some pressure from his management not just the ufc. The whole situation was lame to me. Just seemed like a guy that needed money. Anyone else watch nicks interview with Brett okemoto?

Anyway, this is where I got the 6 weeks from.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#44 » by Dupp » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:10 pm

Again when the fight is announced doesn’t mean ****. Ufc are scum and announce fights all the time to get leverage/ make fighters look bad if they “pull out” (don’t sign).

Al Iaquinta Recently did an interview where he talked about them doing this to him. They did a preview for his fight vs Bobby green at 268 and he hadnt even signed anything. He was in the middle of contract negations and one day his phone blew up because this preview was televised. He had no idea about it, they didn’t tell him First and they hadn’t discussed the fight.

I’m not saying Nick would have done better, just that the people that run the UFC are trash people so I believe the 6 week thing.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#45 » by REDDzone » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:25 pm

Merab is the f*cking man. I've been a fan since he got screwed vs. Ricky Simon 3-4 years back.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,073
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#46 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Oct 5, 2021 4:41 am

Nick definitely looked a lot slower to me, but I’m willing to see if it’s something he can rectify if he comes in better shape. I’m open to being a believer.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts