Post#21 » by brutalitops » Sun Nov 7, 2021 7:00 am

Thought Zhang won personally.

Great card. Prelims were fantastic as well
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Re: Two Sixty Eight 

Post#22 » by Dupp » Sun Nov 7, 2021 7:14 am

Gaethje is everything he says he is. Can’t wait to re watch that. Set way too high standard for the rest of the card
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#23 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Nov 7, 2021 3:05 pm

jc23 wrote:Colby has been putting on an act this whole time, the people that thought his shtick was real wanted it to be.

lol @ thinking this is insightful

everyone knew

he's still a bad person. to mock Lawler, one of the most sporting and decent dudes in the sport, by making fun of Matt Hughes' suicide attempt...that's not schtick. Lawler was standing there defeated and Colby decided to mock his best friend's near death. just "owning the libs"?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#24 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Nov 7, 2021 3:10 pm

it was pretty impressive from Colby, I can't deny it. they had a good strategy boxing-wise, quite clearly. those uppercuts were whiffing early and it was weird. but they ultimately started to make a difference in the pocket boxing.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#25 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Nov 7, 2021 3:12 pm

Miragliotta interrupting the post-fight head-to-head was so weird. who does this guy think he is? as Rogan said, he just got uncomfortable...and somehow thought it was his place to break it up.

the real question: is he a bigger douche than Big John?
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,804

Post#26 » by jc23 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 3:49 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
jc23 wrote:Colby has been putting on an act this whole time, the people that thought his shtick was real wanted it to be.

lol @ thinking this is insightful

everyone knew

he's still a bad person. to mock Lawler, one of the most sporting and decent dudes in the sport, by making fun of Matt Hughes' suicide attempt...that's not schtick. Lawler was standing there defeated and Colby decided to mock his best friend's near death. just "owning the libs"?

I am not impressed by your comments
Be curious, Not judgmental
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#27 » by lobosloboslobos » Sun Nov 7, 2021 7:53 pm

Dupp wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:chandler is a beast but he has gotten demolished since coming over to ufc

He was half a second of beating Charles what kind of stupid take is this

yeah i guess i was wrong on this. no disrespect meant.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#28 » by REDDzone » Mon Nov 8, 2021 2:03 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Miragliotta interrupting the post-fight head-to-head was so weird. who does this guy think he is? as Rogan said, he just got uncomfortable...and somehow thought it was his place to break it up.

the real question: is he a bigger douche than Big John?

It's such a weird phenomenon when these refs get on their little power trips. "Big Dan", "Big John". That episode also reminded me of the time Gimli dragged AJ Agazarm back in the cage after the decision was read to try to force him to shake hands "because that's what men do" or whatever nonsense. It drives me nuts.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,273

Post#29 » by Shaazzam » Mon Nov 8, 2021 4:21 pm

Goddard, Peterson and the guy who did time for (iirc) selling pot are the best.

Miragliotta is a **** idiot
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#30 » by REDDzone » Mon Nov 8, 2021 4:49 pm

I feel like there's some weird phenomenon where people who spend time with fighters start to fancy themselves as fighters. Big John is the worst culprit but this fits Dana and Rogan and Callen and all these other guys too, for sure.

The only question really is, are dudes who fancy themselves fighters just drawn to fighters or do normal humans who hang around fighters start to believe they are a fighter through osmosis?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#31 » by Jasen777 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 6:43 pm

REDDzone wrote:The only question really is, are dudes who fancy themselves fighters just drawn to fighters or do normal humans who hang around fighters start to believe they are a fighter through osmosis?

Probably some of both.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#32 » by High 5 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 6:49 pm

I've never defended Miragliotta before, and that interaction did rub me the wrong way, but do the refs have a responsibility to get the fights separated in a timely manner so the doctors can check them out?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#33 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Nov 8, 2021 7:27 pm

High 5 wrote:I've never defended Miragliotta before, and that interaction did rub me the wrong way, but do the refs have a responsibility to get the fights separated in a timely manner so the doctors can check them out?

He said, "you guys can kiss later" and made a face. Clearly this was not about medical prudence. He just thinks he's some sort of arbiter and got uncomfortable.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#34 » by High 5 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 8:15 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
High 5 wrote:I've never defended Miragliotta before, and that interaction did rub me the wrong way, but do the refs have a responsibility to get the fights separated in a timely manner so the doctors can check them out?

He said, "you guys can kiss later" and made a face. Clearly this was not about medical prudence. He just thinks he's some sort of arbiter and got uncomfortable.

I mean he definitely didn't need to say any of that. It was weird. I'm just saying I initially thought it was obnoxious for him to break up a moment of respect, but then it occurred to me that maybe he's supposed to do that. :dontknow:

And considering Colby went right back to calling Usman a juicy cheater it's not like it was a moment that needed to be preserved. But Dan is still WOAT ref in my mind.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#35 » by Jasen777 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:10 pm

cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#36 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:03 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Rough night for Serra-Longo, you'd have to expect, as always. But I bet their fighters will be...motivated.

Just watching the prelims now. LOL.

As expected. 1st round KO losses for both Gian and Al.

THE WORST CAMP OF ALL TIME. Completely **** idiotic grasp of preparation and strategy.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#37 » by REDDzone » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:57 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Rough night for Serra-Longo, you'd have to expect, as always. But I bet their fighters will be...motivated.

THE WORST CAMP OF ALL TIME. Completely **** idiotic grasp of preparation and strategy.

You know what's funny about this...

Gian is cool with the Serra-Longo guys and does crosstrain but he primarily trains out of some other gym whose name is escaping me. Anyway, back in the day he was on Ariel's show, and he told Ariel he likes to train with Serra-Longo guys sometimes but they are a bit too strategic for his taste. He likes his other gym better because his style is to just stand and bang with bros which they advocate.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,273

Post#38 » by Shaazzam » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:10 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

Gian is cool with the Serra-Longo guys and does crosstrain but he primarily trains out of some other gym whose name is escaping me. Anyway, back in the day he was on Ariel's show, and he told Ariel he likes to train with Serra-Longo guys sometimes but they are a bit too strategic for his taste. He likes his other gym better because his style is to just stand and bang with bros which they advocate.

OT: It's years later and this phrase usage still makes me **** laugh so hard.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#39 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:49 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

Haha.
That's how low the standard for 'strategic' is in Long Island, Matt Serra is Gerry Kasparov.

The corner work out of that camp is just unbelievable.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#40 » by Susan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:07 pm

In a way I get it, but also they have had a decent level of success because truly, it's a fight and some people can be so concerned with technique and whatnot that they lose sight of it. It's not going to get you to the absolute top of the sport but "go out there and **** this dude up" is somewhat effective considering the objective of the sport.

Wallid Ismail is still around for this reason exactly, he's able to pass that neanderthal gene thing he's got onto others.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts