Boxing Thread 5

Moderator: lilfishi22

Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Re: Boxing Thread 5 

Post#61 » by Knickfan1982 » Thu Sep 8, 2022 9:36 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:https://www.sportsnet.ca/ufc/article/jake-paul-to-face-ufc-legend-anderson-silva-in-boxing-match-on-oct-29/

Interesting

Not really. A step up from his other competition but still more spectacle than anything. Not interested in watching freak show fights.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#62 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:37 pm

Is it just me or is there zero buzz about Canelo-GGG? I had to look it up to confirm that it was even this weekend.

I still insist that not only is this not competitively valuable (obviously), it's also not even overwhelmingly the best financial thing for Canelo to have done. Other fights would have recouped close to these numbers...and those fights would have had actual merit as competitions.

I snuck away from a dying family member to watch the second one in a hospital waiting room, I was so hyped.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant

Post#63 » by Knickfan1982 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:05 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Is it just me or is there zero buzz about Canelo-GGG? I had to look it up to confirm that it was even this weekend.

I still insist that not only is this not competitively valuable (obviously), it's also not even overwhelmingly the best financial thing for Canelo to have done. Other fights would have recouped close to these numbers...and those fights would have had actual merit as competitions.

I snuck away from a dying family member to watch the second one in a hospital waiting room, I was so hyped.

Its hard to get buzzed about a fight that's at least 3 years too late. I hope GGG beats the Cherry Picking Diva but at from what I have seen of him lately the big question about this fight is who saves GGG from punishment...his coach or the ref.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,615

Post#64 » by Butch718 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:43 pm

Crawford Spence for November 19th!!!!

The only fight worth it PPV charge.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#65 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:39 pm

Butch718 wrote:Crawford Spence for November 19th!!!!

Not bad! I worry about size. Spence has to be the fave. But I love that aside from the skill these are also two mean, merciless dudes going head to head.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#66 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:41 pm

Knickfan1982 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Is it just me or is there zero buzz about Canelo-GGG? I had to look it up to confirm that it was even this weekend.

Its hard to get buzzed about a fight that's at least 3 years too late. I hope GGG beats the Cherry Picking Diva but at from what I have seen of him lately the big question about this fight is who saves GGG from punishment...his coach or the ref.

Hey this guy with a negative post about boxing.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#67 » by Butch718 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:41 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:

Not bad! I worry about size. Spence has to be the fave. But I love that aside from the skill these are also two mean, merciless dudes going head to head.

Crawford is a dog though. He’s the type that gets nastier as the fight progresses. He also gets super aggressive when he gets hit.

Can’t wait for this.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by Knickfan1982 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:00 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:

Hey this guy with an negative post about boxing.

Its spelled "accurate" not "negative".
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by Knickfan1982 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:04 am

Butch718 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

Crawford is a dog though. He’s the type that gets nastier as the fight progresses. He also gets super aggressive when he gets hit.

Can’t wait for this.

:rockon: :rockon: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Some great friggin news right here. I am definately having a viewing party that night. Fury vs Joshua. Spence vs. Crawford. Come on....we just need a big fight at 135....bring that on next.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#70 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:20 am

Knickfan1982 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:

It's been dozens of posts straight for months that have been negative. Go scan through that locked thread. Nothing but complaining, never excitement, never positivity. If there's nothing but accurate / negative takes, then **** leave. It sounds like boxing's not for you.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#71 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:22 am

Butch718 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

Can’t wait for this.

It will be intersting to see if he can do that despite Spence's body attack...I mean, that's like a direct clash. Spence's punishment versus Crawford's doggedness. I think Crawford's gonna have to move. He can't stay in the trenches.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#72 » by Butch718 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:27 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

Can’t wait for this.

It will be intersting to see if he can do that despite Spence's body attack...I mean, that's like a direct clash. Spence's punishment versus Crawford's doggedness. I think Crawford's gonna have to move. He can't stay in the trenches.

Well, this is the best competition that each fighter has ever faced. By a mile. This is a legit 50/50 fight.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by Knickfan1982 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:32 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

It's been dozens of posts straight for months that have been negative. Go scan through that locked thread. Nothing but complaining, never excitement, never positivity. If there's nothing but accurate / negative takes, then **** leave. It sounds like boxing's not for you.

I guess you didn't see the post where I was celebrating the announcement of the Crawford/Spence agreement. I guess you're too triggered by my dismissal of the GGG/Canelo matchup to notice. Grow up. If you don't like opinions that differ from yours move on and stop derailing the topic with pettiness.

Besides, while my perspective was negative it was accurate. You asked why there was no buzz surrounding GGG/Canelo 3. I pointed out that its at least 3 years too late and I pointed out that GGG has gotten too old. Many people aren't interested in the fight because they feel GGG is too old and hasn't looked good in his most recent fights. Is that a negative perspective but its an accurate one that's held by many people which is why there is no buzz surrounding this fight as you so eloquently put it.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#74 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:41 pm

Knickfan1982 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:

I guess you didn't see the post where I was celebrating the announcement of the Crawford/Spence agreement.

LOL. You're a real smooth operator. 5 minutes after I point out you've never made a positive post, you respond to someone with insanely effusive talk and a raver emoji. A regular Machiavelli, pulling the strings of our reality and every perception.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by Knickfan1982 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:41 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

I guess you didn't see the post where I was celebrating the announcement of the Crawford/Spence agreement.

LOL. You're a real smooth operator. 5 minutes after I point out you've never made a positive post, you respond to someone with insanely effusive talk and a raver emoji. A regular Machiavelli, pulling the strings of our reality and every perception.

Geez Louis. I posted a response to a post when I saw it. Why are you so desperate to start drama?
Butch718
RealGM

Post#76 » by Butch718 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:08 am

To the surprise of no one, father time has caught up to GGG. Dude looking his age tonight. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Bring on Charlo or Benevidez.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#77 » by Butch718 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:39 am

:lol:

These judges should have scored the 1st fight.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#78 » by Papi_swav » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:19 am

Boring fight, I knew better than to pay for this .. GGG should retire, he had a heck of a career. Canelo needs to fight Charlo next.

Super excited for Spence vs Crawford that is real 50/50 fight and I think will be a top 10 fight of the decade. It's about time they made this fight, I didn't wanna see another Mayweather/Pacquiao situation. IDK who's going to win this one, I have no problem paying for this fight.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#79 » by Butch718 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:03 am

Canelo did what he had to do. But I gotta say, he didn’t exactly look impressive against an older fighter, and seemed to be a bit gassed in the later rounds. If he fights Bivol again, it’s going to be the same result. There was nothing he did in this fight to suggest otherwise.

Hot take: Canelo is still an elite fighter, but is starting to slowly decline from his prime. Reminds me of Pacquiao after he beat Mosley. He beat Mosley convincingly, but you could tell he lost a step in the ring.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#80 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:06 am

Two judges had it 115-113… Wut.

Anyway Caleno improves to 1-2 vs GGG

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts