Mayweather to sign with UFC?

Moderator: lilfishi22

Hold That
RealGM
And1: 741

Re: Mayweather to sign with UFC? 

Post#21 » by Hold That » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:03 pm

I doubt it. If Mayweather wins a UFC match any match for that matter I think it puts a black eye on UFC, if Mayweather loses a UFC match it kinda hurts his image. So for both parties involved I don't see it being benefiting anyone. Honestly.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#22 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 pm

He wouldn't even be a good STRIKER in MMA, nevermind the grappling. Kicking range + 4 oz gloves + leg kicks would leave him destroyed.

What's his face - the guy who beat Tszyu - got his ass handed to him in K-1, etc.

Also and again, he trains with 18 ounce gloves his hands are so fragile. he can't hit with 4ozers.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#23 » by Blame Rasho » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:42 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:He wouldn't even be a good STRIKER in MMA, nevermind the grappling. Kicking range + 4 oz gloves + leg kicks would leave him destroyed.

What's his face - the guy who beat Tszyu - got his ass handed to him in K-1, etc.

Also and again, he trains with 18 ounce gloves his hands are so fragile. he can't hit with 4ozers.

Vince Phillips... that was brutal to watch by the way...
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 741

Post#24 » by Hold That » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:33 am

cowboyronnie wrote:He wouldn't even be a good STRIKER in MMA, nevermind the grappling. Kicking range + 4 oz gloves + leg kicks would leave him destroyed.

Uhm Mayweather is the most accurate puncher in the world. Kosta Tszyu fights alot like Ricky Hatton who applys pressure and boxes in a phone booth. He's not one of the most accurate punchers in boxing.

Like I said, MAYWEATHER IS THE BEST PUNCHER AND MOST ACCURATE PUNCHER IN THE WORLD. To say he wouldn't be able to be a great striker due to a boxer who isn't even 2 classes below Mayweathers level failed in UFC means nothing.

Too not think Mayweather wouldnt be a deadly striker is pure foolishness.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#25 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:55 am

You didn't actually address my argument, you just got huffy.

Kicking range, kicks, knees, take-downs. CLINCHES.

I have nothing but awe for Mayweather's boxing skills, believe me. But can he sit behind his left shoulder 2 feet in front of a dude in MMA? Uh uh.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts