Re: 2018 Impact Wrestling thread 

Post#21 » by RonMexico915 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:30 am

Love the new belts. Interesting to see what happens with Pentagon
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#22 » by tugs » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:09 pm

Watch the Triple Threat between Pentagon, Fenix, Swan and Callihan, OVE.

Watch it now.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#23 » by Spens1 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Slammiversary is tomorrow (American time at least, i know its a monday for us). Should be a fantastic show from what i've heard. Also it will be a sold out show which should be great.
RonMexico915
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#24 » by RonMexico915 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Yes, good looking card and should be a solid crowd not in the Impact Zone. I am hoping DeAngelo Williams does not interfere in the main event. Let’s see.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#25 » by improper » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:54 pm

Not really an Impact watcher, but going to give them a chance tonight. If it's a good show, probably going to start watching Impact. Now that I don't watch Raw or Smackdown, I probably have time to add another wrestling show to the mix, at least after the G1 is over.

Your move, Impact. If this show is as good as the Impact/LU show (which was good but short of great), that will probably be enough, because that LU cross-promotion was still more entertaining than like any WWE PPV from the past year.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#26 » by Spens1 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:28 am

great show by impact, real contender for PPV of the year, everything from the top to bottom really paid off nicely. There wasn't a bad match on the card, only gripe was probably that hard cam being jarring and production value being very bush league, other then that i thought it was perfect.

Top Talent again delivers with his booking.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#27 » by Scott Hall » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:11 am

Just came back from the show first ever Impact Wrestling/TNA show I've ever attended. What a blast
maybe one of the best shows I've ever been to. Will be going to the TV tapings tomorrow and Tuesday.
RonMexico915
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#28 » by RonMexico915 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Scott Hall wrote:Just came back from the show first ever Impact Wrestling/TNA show I've ever attended. What a blast
maybe one of the best shows I've ever been to. Will be going to the TV tapings tomorrow and Tuesday.

Cool deal. I didn’t see it myself, but heard good things. Please don’t post the taping spoilers online! Lol
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#29 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:38 am

Just got back from day 1 from the tapings...

Won't post any spoilers but will share some cool little tidbits...

Once again a really hot crowd for about 85% of the matches and segments especially the main event.
There was a really cool moment when Don Callis and Josh Matthews were talking to the camera and
an organic "Impact Wrestling" chant started and went for 2-3 minutes and just looking at their faces
you could tell they were proud and think they might got something here.

Other story I can share with you during the main event Sami Callahan who was a manager selling his
"broken arm" from Slammiversary was standing right by us and the camera man. I whispered to him
"hey Sammi match of the year last night keep up the good work" and maybe some other smarky stuff.
So he later came back and started yelling/heeling this young teenage fan right near me which I recorded
and posted on twitter.

So later in the match he was a little bit further down and I must have said something smarky so he played old
fashioned hot head heel and turned around and came towards right at me and said "You think you're cute huh?"
and I said hey aren't you Solomon Crowe from NXT? which got a cheap pop from the guys beside me. And then
he kind of backed off and we just started ragging on Ohio. It was a fun little cool moment which I've never had
with a wrestler at a show before.

I actually like Impact better then ROH and if they record their shows in big cities or cities notorious of having
hot crowds it will enhance their product so much on TV and they'll get a better TV deal then they have in
Canada and the U.S.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#30 » by Spens1 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:43 pm

Scott Hall wrote:Just got back from day 1 from the tapings...

Once again a really hot crowd for about 85% of the matches and segments especially the main event.
There was a really cool moment when Don Callis and Josh Matthews were talking to the camera and
an organic "Impact Wrestling" chant started and went for 2-3 minutes and just looking at their faces

Other story I can share with you during the main event Sami Callahan who was a manager selling his
"broken arm" from Slammiversary was standing right by us and the camera man. I whispered to him
"hey Sammi match of the year last night keep up the good work" and maybe some other smarky stuff.
So he later came back and started yelling/heeling this young teenage fan right near me which I recorded
and posted on twitter.

So later in the match he was a little bit further down and I must have said something smarky so he played old
fashioned hot head heel and turned around and came towards right at me and said "You think you're cute huh?"
and I said hey aren't you Solomon Crowe from NXT? which got a cheap pop from the guys beside me. And then
he kind of backed off and we just started ragging on Ohio. It was a fun little cool moment which I've never had

I actually like Impact better then ROH and if they record their shows in big cities or cities notorious of having
hot crowds it will enhance their product so much on TV and they'll get a better TV deal then they have in
Canada and the U.S.

Honestly that's not even surprising. ROH has been pretty damn awful and boring for a while whilst Impact is probably the best show right now (alongside NXT i'd say) in North America.

The Sami Callihan part though is hillarious :lol: sounds like he was a good sport though which is good.

Any word on who the #1 contender is going into Bound for Glory?
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#31 » by Scott Hall » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:45 am

Spens1 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Just got back from day 1 from the tapings...

and posted on twitter.

Canada and the U.S.

Honestly that's not even surprising. ROH has been pretty damn awful and boring for a while whilst Impact is probably the best show right now (alongside NXT i'd say) in North America.

The Sami Callihan part though is hillarious :lol: sounds like he was a good sport though which is good.

Any word on who the #1 contender is going into Bound for Glory?

Read on Twitter

Here's the video with him getting into it with the fan near me to bad I wasn't filming when me and him
had our little exchange afterwards I was filming a lot and taking pics since I just got a new phone last
week.

Day 3 was the most eventful ended up meeting half the roster after the show and briefly chatting with
Ed Norholm and Don Callis. Will give the report tomorrow.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by improper » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:51 am

Finally going to get around to watching Slammiversary tonight and tomorrow. Planned to watch it live, but ended up drinking with friends in the dog park for like an hour at eight and missed the first several matches. After that I figured I might as well just watch it all later.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#33 » by Scott Hall » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:31 pm

improper wrote:Finally going to get around to watching Slammiversary tonight and tomorrow. Planned to watch it live, but ended up drinking with friends in the dog park for like an hour at eight and missed the first several matches. After that I figured I might as well just watch it all later.

Was the talk of the entire industry can't wait to hear your review...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by improper » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:05 pm

Didn't get to it last night, but should have time tonight since I've got zero plans aside from cooking some wings.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by improper » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:51 am

Thoughts:

• Opening was pretty much what you'd expect. Fast-paced and fun. A little sloppy, probably due to Petey being tossed in last-minute. Phoenix did Phoenix things, which is always awesome.
  • Really enjoyed Blanchard/Allie. It feels like ages since I've seen a women's match where the women actually wrestled like they hated each other. They were stiffing the hell out of each other and it made for a fun match.
  • The hardcore match was more or less what it needed to be. Probably could have stood to be a bit more violent given that it was the culmination of the feud, but overall it was fine. Liked the Shining Wizard using the chair.
  • Cage/Sydal was really good, unsurprisingly.
  • The second women's match was meh. Worst thing on the card thus far. Not awful or anything, but infinitely skippable.
  • The tag title match was awesome. Just balls to the wall, constant action, great spots. Exactly what you want to see from that stipulation in a tornado tag match.
  • It's insane to me that Pentagon and Phoenix are brothers. Have there ever been two other brothers as ludicrously talented as those two who worked such wildly different gimmicks?
  • I love how Impact actually lets these guys work the crowd. I feel like you never see that in WWE, and only sometimes in NXT. Callihan flipping off the crowd when they were chanting "ONE MORE CHAIR" was great. The crowd gets so much more into shows when the wrestlers occasionally interact with them.
  • LOL when Pentagon missed the nail with the bat and hit Sami in the head. Guess Sami had that coming, though, right?
  • Callihan's kickout of Pentagon's finisher through the four chairs was goddamn epic. The look on his face and whatever the hell was pouring out of his mouth sold it so well.
  • As expected, Pentagon/Callihan was a show-stealer. Just a great, brutal match from start to finish. These two just beat the hell out of each other and it was incredibly fun to watch.
  • Main event was great as well. Still can't believe how badly WWE dropped the ball on Aries. Dude's a star.

Overall, that was a great show. About the best compliment I can give is that it felt like a Takeover special. Basically all of the matches were good to great aside from the women's title one, which was just forgettable. They've clearly embraced the NXT booking system...hire great wrestlers, let them be themselves, book sensibly, and deliver with the matches.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#36 » by Scott Hall » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:40 pm

improper wrote:Thoughts:

• Opening was pretty much what you'd expect. Fast-paced and fun. A little sloppy, probably due to Petey being tossed in last-minute. Phoenix did Phoenix things, which is always awesome.
  • Really enjoyed Blanchard/Allie. It feels like ages since I've seen a women's match where the women actually wrestled like they hated each other. They were stiffing the hell out of each other and it made for a fun match.
  • The hardcore match was more or less what it needed to be. Probably could have stood to be a bit more violent given that it was the culmination of the feud, but overall it was fine. Liked the Shining Wizard using the chair.
  • Cage/Sydal was really good, unsurprisingly.
  • The second women's match was meh. Worst thing on the card thus far. Not awful or anything, but infinitely skippable.
  • The tag title match was awesome. Just balls to the wall, constant action, great spots. Exactly what you want to see from that stipulation in a tornado tag match.
  • It's insane to me that Pentagon and Phoenix are brothers. Have there ever been two other brothers as ludicrously talented as those two who worked such wildly different gimmicks?
  • I love how Impact actually lets these guys work the crowd. I feel like you never see that in WWE, and only sometimes in NXT. Callihan flipping off the crowd when they were chanting "ONE MORE CHAIR" was great. The crowd gets so much more into shows when the wrestlers occasionally interact with them.
  • LOL when Pentagon missed the nail with the bat and hit Sami in the head. Guess Sami had that coming, though, right?
  • Callihan's kickout of Pentagon's finisher through the four chairs was goddamn epic. The look on his face and whatever the hell was pouring out of his mouth sold it so well.
  • As expected, Pentagon/Callihan was a show-stealer. Just a great, brutal match from start to finish. These two just beat the hell out of each other and it was incredibly fun to watch.
  • Main event was great as well. Still can't believe how badly WWE dropped the ball on Aries. Dude's a star.

Overall, that was a great show. About the best compliment I can give is that it felt like a Takeover special. Basically all of the matches were good to great aside from the women's title one, which was just forgettable. They've clearly embraced the NXT booking system...hire great wrestlers, let them be themselves, book sensibly, and deliver with the matches.

NXT booking system is a pretty good comparison... New management seems to be playing "money ball" with their budget
and seem to have gotten a good core/nucleus of great wrestlers and some new Indy talent for their TV shows that if
they develop great and if not they cost cheap and they can be used as filler. Jericho told Callis one or 2 key big free
agents could really make a big difference.

Anyways I'll post my behind the scene stories from the TV tapings later on
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#37 » by tugs » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:19 am

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,811

Post#38 » by Stanford » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:28 am