NXT Thread III

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Re: NXT Thread III 

Post#381 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:11 am

Well, that’s 20 minutes I’ll never get back lol. I had no clue where that segment was going, or what was going on. I was expecting someone or something to interrupt. It was just weird comedy and overacting all the way through. A cute moment I guess (are they together in real life?) but ehh. Gargano’s a terrible actor lol.

Austin Theory’s kind of funny. I haven’t see too much of
him but ive liked him whenever ive seen him. I won’t railroad the segment; it was entertaining in a certain light but not really the kind of thing I watch wrestling for.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#382 » by Stanford » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:17 am

Have to say, I think the new look is hideous.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#383 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:32 am

It's weird browsing through wrestling Twitter and seeing all these WWE compliments for the past 2 nights, that's pretty rare.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#384 » by tugs » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:25 am

iMoreland wrote:"Bron Breakker" looks exactly like his dad but they give him a new name and don't acknowledge he's a 2nd generation wrestler at all
Looks like his dad, packaged like Mojo Rawley and Jason Jordan combined
tugs
RealGM

Post#385 » by tugs » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:27 am

Stanford wrote:Have to say, I think the new look is hideous.
It is. Aside from being so used to the previous looks, NXT has been, symbolically, the "gold standard" of WWE wrestling

Now it looks like Velveteen Dream has his own promotion
tugs
RealGM

Post#386 » by tugs » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:29 am

And c'mon why change his name the last minute? The first one was a good nod to his lineage. Guess they really didn't want any association with his father

Two months tops we'll be getting another Sim Snuka promo
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,135

Post#387 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:40 pm

I thought Breakker was very impressive. Disregarding the hideous name. He looked fluid in the ring and plays to his strengths.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#388 » by improper » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:56 pm

I honestly have no idea why WWE refuses to let second and third generation wrestlers utilize the names of their families. It's so asinine and pointless.

I'm guessing it's so that they can fully own the name, but it's still really dumb.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#389 » by Scott Hall » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Just got around to watching NXT 2.0 I like the new setup it has that studio wrestling vibe to it and
I like the new lighting and the new hip-hop song as opposed to the dark dingy punk rock vibe that
HHH loves and has used for years but I feel like after a month or two it will wear off fast.

I'm super high on Rick Steiners kid maybe the most impressive rookie I've seen since Velveteen Dream
and Tessa Blanchard I can see why they're super high on him. Crazy how much he is like his dad and
I'm wondering if there is any correlation with his bright colorful ring attire that his dad wore and the
new NXT logo as if he's gonna be the franchise guy they build around down there for awhile?

I agree his new name is generic and lame but I won't fully blame the WWE for not using his family
name until I hear otherwise. I remember the Rock has said in interviews in the past he didn't like
being named Rocky Maivia and wanted to go out on his own and blaze his own path as The Rock
so you never know what the thinking is there. There's been a lot of 2nd generation wrestlers that
have been massive busts and living up to their dads legacy's name can be daunting for some. The
announcers were kind of having fun with it saying he has the "Dog face gremlin" attitude and some
other hints and inside jokes so maybe that will be a thing going forward for now. I can't see them
not bringing back Rick Steiner to TV at some point and doing something with him and hopefully
the kid realizes his potential and becomes a hot property with some leverage because I would
LOVE to see the Steiner Brothers in the HOF who are one of if not the biggest omissions out there.

Oh and speaking of the announcers I was hoping Vic Joseph and Beth Phoenix would be replaced
but that would be wishful thinking. This might sound bad but I think there is to much British, Irish
and Scottish talent in WWE overall right now and so many accents hurt the product as it can be
hard to understand them and even relate to some of them as characters. A lot of them have this
kind of cheap carny indy feel to them you can say England has the most passionate wrestling fans
in the world but it's kind of amazing how few great wrestlers they've produced historically with the
British Bulldog and William Regal being the best. But NXT does have some other talent I'm not high
on at all like AEW so I'm kind of looking forward to the new wave of prospects coming in.

I haven't read the dirt sheets in awhile but if Samoa Joe is truly injured again then indeed it is time
for him to retire. It's to bad he never took his conditioning seriously when he was younger as he's
already broken down in his late 30's/early 40's. If he had lost about 30-50 pounds of fat in his ROH
and TNA days it would have been interesting to see how much better he could've been. As for LA
Knight rough night at the office him being the guy picked to put over Steiners kid in his first match
in the new NXT is probably not a good sign for him. I'm guessing his age is gonna be working against
him as they look to rebuild but he's in the best shape I've ever seen him. Makes me wonder what
kind of guy he is like behind the scenes just like James Storm as they just can't seem to get the
top decision makers in promotions to fully believe in them.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#390 » by Pharaoh » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:44 am

The thinking behind the name for Steiner is that WWE completely owns the name and work performed under that name.

Let's assume he's the next big thing and whips ass for for however long his contract is with WWE.

AEW get into a bidding war and sign him.

AEW can't call him Bron Breaker or anything similar.

Funnily enough they'd probably call him Rex Steiner or just Rechsteiner

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#391 » by Scott Hall » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:42 pm

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#392 » by Ruzious » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:37 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's pretty sad if Rick and Scott are really making it hard for the kid to use their either their last name or their ring last name.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#393 » by Scott Hall » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:10 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's pretty sad if Rick and Scott are really making it hard for the kid to use their either their last name or their ring last name.

Yeah it's a very interesting dynamic with Vince being super high on one of their kids when he's never really
liked the Steiners especially Scott. Talk about 2 giant egos clashing in Vince and Scott Steiner. It's gonna be
fascinating to see how this all plays out.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#394 » by iMoreland » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:31 am

They realllllllllllly like Bron Breakker/Rex Steiner
tugs
RealGM

Post#395 » by tugs » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:39 am

That Ivy Nile superman punch!
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#396 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 12:12 pm

Reviews for Raw have been as good as NXT's. I didn't think I'd do this in the past, but I may have to change my loyalty.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#397 » by Ruzious » Wed Oct 6, 2021 2:16 am

I think tonight was the worst NXT episode I've ever seen - looked like amateur hour.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
tugs
RealGM

Post#398 » by tugs » Wed Oct 6, 2021 12:16 pm

Ruzious wrote:I think tonight was the worst NXT episode I've ever seen - looked like amateur hour.
It did have that feel. I guess that's what happens when you pit new guys against new guys. At least during the first iteration of NXT, "rookies" had "mentors" who the audience can recognize, making it easier to relate and connect with the new guys
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#399 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:47 pm

I hope the Creed brothers are given more time. I love their style.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#400 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Wed Nov 3, 2021 11:56 am

I hope they don’t dumb Bron down when he gets to the main roster. The guy looks great, and he’s aggressive and delivers his promos with intensity and flair. Can’t teach what he has, so don’t unteach it when he gets to the main roster.

Return to Pro Wrestling