WWE Raw Discussion III

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#1801 » by iMoreland » Fri Oct 1, 2021 2:10 am

Lashley, Cedric, and Shelton are most definitely not going to be on the same brand after the draft
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1802 » by tugs » Fri Oct 1, 2021 2:26 am

Wish they'd still be together else that interference wouldn't make sense
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1803 » by iMoreland » Mon Oct 4, 2021 8:03 pm

I really want Walter to get drafted
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#1804 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Oct 4, 2021 10:33 pm

Yeah, Walter would be huge.. provided they don’t go the route of Karian Kross and Keith Lee with him.

I think we could stand to see a few more NXT guys at least try their luck on the main roster as full time performers.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1805 » by tugs » Mon Oct 4, 2021 11:38 pm

Speaking of Kross, wish he'd get drafted to SD and leave the gladiator **** in Raw

Anyone know why Scarlett isn't with him?
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#1806 » by Dominator83 » Mon Oct 4, 2021 11:46 pm

tugs wrote:Speaking of Kross, wish he'd get drafted to SD and leave the gladiator **** in Raw

Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1807 » by iMoreland » Tue Oct 5, 2021 2:56 am

Idk if it's Charlotte's selling or what, but Bianca's dropkicks look terrible every time
tugs
RealGM

Post#1808 » by tugs » Tue Oct 5, 2021 5:00 pm

Dominater wrote:
tugs wrote:Speaking of Kross, wish he'd get drafted to SD and leave the gladiator **** in Raw

Lol'd too hard man
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#1809 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:27 pm

Phew. I was watching some 2002 Raw’s PPV’s, and it’s been said but I’ll say it here again — how the mighty have fallen.

Seems to be an unpopular opinion, but Big E is just plain awful. He looks, speaks and acts like anything but a world champion, and he looked comically out of place in that opening segment.

Woods/Ricochet was okay. Not a fan of Woods though. He acts so strange, and emotes in an unbelievable way. There was a nauseating amount of camera cuts in the first 90 seconds of the match (I counted around 40). I’d love to not see Woods win KOTR, but then, I’d love to not see Mahal, Zayn or Balor win it either, so it’s a catch twenty-two.

I tuned out after the Riddle/Orton backstage segment. I just couldn’t help but think this is all so beneath Randy. I don’t have anything against Riddle but he doesn’t do it for me. When he speaks its like we’re expecting this punch line to come, and it seems like he’s searching for it, but a lot of the time it doesn’t. His segments feel like he throws a bunch of **** on the wall verbally and hope something sticks/is funny.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1810 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:49 pm

Riddle's one of the main reasons I watch WWE. He entertains me, and he's tremendous in the ring. Not to mention he's brought out the best in Orton. Omas vs Riddle was a waste of time, but that's a problem with booking Omas - how's he gonna have a good match? And I'm fine with Big E as a World Champ - he also entertains me, and he's a believable powerhouse in the ring. I think it's a good thing that these guys are showing some personality - including Woods - not a bad thing.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
tugs
RealGM

Post#1811 » by tugs » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:33 am

Soooo plan is for another character tweak for Kross, making him, "psychotic yet still calm" and talks of his changes in the theme. He keeps the helmet, though

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F MAN

In other news, hope Hardy can be utilized as a heel in SD
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,821

Post#1812 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:21 pm

tugs wrote:In other news, hope Hardy can be utilized as a heel in SD

pretty sure you can't make him a heel as the fans just like this guy plus he gives you a babyface who stays over while eating loss after loss for heels you are trying to build. He's perfect in his existing role.

Just like Ziggler does the same thing for babyfaces you want to push.

Also, just want to say how freaking good Charlotte Flair is. I've hated some of the booking decisions with her over the years, but her abilities as a heel who can really work is just so good. She feels like John Cena in that she has been largely unappreciated in her prime because of booking, but when she's gone her absence will be enormous.

That match last night with Bianca was just a masterclass by both ladies but particularly Flair.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#1813 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:07 pm

I think Hardy is underwhelming in his current role. I’m all for the older vets, potentially on their way out, putting over the young guys to give them the rub. That being said, build a program around it. Hardy gets some of the bigger reactions on Raw. Why not build him to the point that there’s a PPV match between him and Theory that could go either way — so that when Theory (or whoever) wins it looks like he beat a legend, but we also have it as fresh in our mind that he still means something because he’s been booked that way, in recent memory/history.

No shot he’s booked as a top guy on Smackdown when he goes there though. I do think Smackdown looks fairly thin in terms of male talent outside of Roman.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1814 » by tugs » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:30 am

The heel idea came from Hardy himself. He thought his high flying acts right now is not sustainable and would like to focus on improving character work. He's hoping for another Willow run but I don't think that's the best idea if he turns. But yeah even he agrees that it's impossible for the fans to turn on him, even citing the Antichrist gimmick being cheered. I think with the right storyline and feud, against an underdog babyface, it could work.

I just can't take seeing Hardy being fed like that. Putting over talent for sure is in the horizon but please not just yet.

As for Flair I agree. It's frustrating because she's just that damn good but it's getting more and more difficult to book her unless she's pitted against someone bigger or if there is interference or cheating methods. I think she may be the best, all around, female performer. Ticks all the boxes in terms of promo, looks, athleticism, power, mat work. My only gripe with her could be her selling
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,533

Post#1815 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:03 pm

Just saw the episode where they won the tag titles, and Nikki so clearly has the personality of a preschool teacher, she could be on Blues Clues or something with this character. I'm not sure if it's as painful as it looks for Rhea to be in such a corporate sanitized type team that's built around Nikki cause she's more over, or if she's just a good actress. Welcome to Vincetown!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#1816 » by spykelee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:11 pm

That fan attack on Rollins. What a clown. He didn't get beat down as good as the guy who attacked Bret, Great spear tho!
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#1817 » by Foye » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:31 pm

spykelee wrote:That fan attack on Rollins. What a clown. He didn't get beat down as good as the guy who attacked Bret, Great spear tho!

Feels like this was the most and only entertaining moment in weeks…
tugs
RealGM

Post#1818 » by tugs » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:04 am

BS move but it got me wondering why fans prefer ambushing Rollins than any other wrestler. Remember that guy that walked with him to the ring
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#1819 » by Celtsfan1980 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:47 pm

Is there any doubt Riddle is ready for a Championship run? Give Lashley the title. Lashley vs. Riddle vs. Orton would be my Wrestlemania Raw main event.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1820 » by tugs » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:33 am

Yeeeessshhh, that Edge promo with Miz. Hit hard man

Return to Pro Wrestling