WWE General Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,993

Re: WWE General Discussion II 

Post#1701 » by Stanford » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:40 pm

Scott Hall wrote:but now I'm worried I have to get a Peacock subscription and pay extra.

I'm confused. Why would you pay extra?
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1702 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Stanford wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:but now I'm worried I have to get a Peacock subscription and pay extra.

I don't know much if anything about the Peacock Subscription service I'm hoping you don't have to pay for it on
top of the WWE Network.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1703 » by Stanford » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:08 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Stanford wrote:

I don't know much if anything about the Peacock Subscription service I'm hoping you don't have to pay for it on
top of the WWE Network.

My impression is that you pay for Peacock and it comes with all the content you have previous gotten on the WWE Network.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1704 » by improper » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:56 pm

Scott Hall wrote:I don't know much if anything about the Peacock Subscription service I'm hoping you don't have to pay for it on
top of the WWE Network.

There will be no more WWE Network in the US. All the content will be moved to Peacock, which is five bucks a month with ads and ten without. So not only would you be getting the same content from WWE Network, but whatever other content is on Peacock as well, which is presumably all the NBC shows and whatever other content they've bought the rights for. The only show I know for sure is on there is AP Bio but they've undoubtedly got a lot more content as well.

To me, it seems like the main objective with buying WWE content is because they're a start-up streaming service in a world that's flush with already established competitors. Getting a big chunk of WWE Network subscribers to transfer over would instantly boost their subscriptions and revenue.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1705 » by Scott Hall » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:12 am

improper wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:I don't know much if anything about the Peacock Subscription service I'm hoping you don't have to pay for it on
top of the WWE Network.

There will be no more WWE Network in the US. All the content will be moved to Peacock, which is five bucks a month with ads and ten without. So not only would you be getting the same content from WWE Network, but whatever other content is on Peacock as well, which is presumably all the NBC shows and whatever other content they've bought the rights for. The only show I know for sure is on there is AP Bio but they've undoubtedly got a lot more content as well.

To me, it seems like the main objective with buying WWE content is because they're a start-up streaming service in a world that's flush with already established competitors. Getting a big chunk of WWE Network subscribers to transfer over would instantly boost their subscriptions and revenue.

I'm hoping it's a smooth transition would be nice if you have the WWE Network right now they just transfer you over
to Peacock but we know that's unlikely. I watch the WWE Network on the app on my Xbox so I can watch it on my TV.
I don't think there is a Peacock app on the consoles right now so that's really concerning. My biggest concern right now
is being able to sign up for a Peacock subscription outside of the U.S. and will it be easy like it was for the WWE Network.
The Canadian one is so garbage and requires you to have a basic cable plan and you couldn't even use the app on consoles
or your smart phone. What I had to do was use the internet explorer on the Xbox and login to their website like I would
on a computer and full screen the video to the TV just to watch content "normally". Worst case scenario I can still find
ways to watch current WWE programming and PPVs but I don't care about that what I want is the library.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,313

Post#1706 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Vic Joseph is an outstanding commentator. The way he conveys emotion as the play-by-play guy is tremendous. His main roster run didn’t go very well — but I have to imagine that Vince is just non-stop in these guys ears.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1707 » by WRau1 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:19 am

Apparently WWE nixed the idea of bringing in Brodie King to pair with Aleister Black a few months ago. That would've been money. Get Black the hell out of WWE or send him back to NXT.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,023

Post#1708 » by Dominator83 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:54 am

WRau1 wrote:Apparently WWE nixed the idea of bringing in Brodie King to pair with Aleister Black a few months ago. That would've been money. Get Black the hell out of WWE or send him back to NXT.

Typical Vince being spiteful since Black is Married to Zelina Vega
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#1709 » by Celtsfan1980 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:39 pm

The product only, was 1993 a good year?
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1710 » by Scott Hall » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:04 am

Celtsfan1980 wrote:The product only, was 1993 a good year?

It's a historical transitional year with the debut of RAW and the Golden Era ending and morphing into the New Gen era.
All the major PPVs sucked except for the King of the Ring which was great. The weekly TV (RAW, Superstars, Wrestling Challenge)
are all extremely entertaining though for the most part.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1711 » by improper » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:36 pm

Dominater wrote:Typical Vince being spiteful since Black is Married to Zelina Vega

I really wish Vince would just step down and hand the keys to Triple H. I'd love to see what he could do with full control of Raw and Smackdown in addition to NXT. Just competent, sensible booking would go a long way. Also, just letting guys go out and work good matches.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#1712 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:19 am

Celtsfan1980 wrote:The product only, was 1993 a good year?

If you’re into great wrestling, Bret Hart’s run from 93-97 was amazing with very few duds. He got so many of the new gen’s guys best matches out of them, and he even made a feud with geriatric Bob Backlund work. Other than the Lawler stuff I can’t think of many bad matches.
Do it for Chuck
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#1713 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:48 pm

improper wrote:Honestly was just kind of happy to see a successful cash in. Was expecting him to immediately eat a Claymore.

It's obvious the angle they're going for here. Miz gets demolished at the next PPV by Lashley and we get Lashley/McIntyre at 'Mania, possibly with Sheamus as the third man.

If they do that, it will also mark the first time in I don't even know how long that they actually used a mid-card title reign to propel a guy into the world title picture.

This is dead on, but I honestly hope they swerve and do something with Miz instead. Literally all it took was me seeing this promo to be reminded of how compelling Miz can be when he’s not forced into stupid scripted unfunny comedy sideshow stuff. He’s so much better as a character than just about anyone they have at the moment.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Do it for Chuck
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1714 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:10 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
improper wrote:Honestly was just kind of happy to see a successful cash in. Was expecting him to immediately eat a Claymore.

It's obvious the angle they're going for here. Miz gets demolished at the next PPV by Lashley and we get Lashley/McIntyre at 'Mania, possibly with Sheamus as the third man.

If they do that, it will also mark the first time in I don't even know how long that they actually used a mid-card title reign to propel a guy into the world title picture.

This is dead on, but I honestly hope they swerve and do something with Miz instead. Literally all it took was me seeing this promo to be reminded of how compelling Miz can be when he’s not forced into stupid scripted unfunny comedy sideshow stuff. He’s so much better as a character than just about anyone they have at the moment.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I love Miz. He's deserved a world title run for like four years now, so yeah, I hope they just turn it loose and have him head into WM as the champ instead of just making him a transition champ for a Drew/Lashley feud.

I have zero interest in Miz & Morrison as a tag team because Miz could and should be so much more than involved in a comedy tag team. I know they're probably still going to go that way where they end up feuding with Bad Bunny for their Mania program, but I really hope they think better of that.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1715 » by Scott Hall » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:08 pm

WWE got Taya? she's one of the best Womens wrestlers in the world and also married to John Morrison.
Does this mean she's signed or being groomed for NXT?

Read on Twitter
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1716 » by The_Brecht » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:12 pm

'property of WWE'

Well...
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1717 » by Stanford » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:16 pm

Wait, Shaun Ricker is back?
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1718 » by Scott Hall » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:24 pm

The_Brecht wrote:'property of WWE'

Well...

I don't think that means they're signed to guaranteed contracts
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,487

Post#1719 » by Foye » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:18 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I love Miz. He's deserved a world title run for like four years now, so yeah, I hope they just turn it loose and have him head into WM as the champ instead of just making him a transition champ for a Drew/Lashley feud.

I have zero interest in Miz & Morrison as a tag team because Miz could and should be so much more than involved in a comedy tag team. I know they're probably still going to go that way where they end up feuding with Bad Bunny for their Mania program, but I really hope they think better of that.

Miz seems like a genuine good guy but he has no business being the champ anymore...its only derailing the quality of the product if he is the champion.

As you mention...he is more a comedy clown at this point than an actual wrestler.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#1720 » by tugs » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:18 pm

Hopefully now they have something for JoMo

Return to Pro Wrestling