WWE Raw Discussion III

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#21 » by bestnamezRtaken » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:11 am

Oh look at that... Ronda v Bayley for the title. I called this awhile back, that she was gonna wrestle every member of the 4HW and start beef with them somehow. Bayley was the last member.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,352

Post#22 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:13 am

improper wrote:How in the hell do you guys watch Raw after that five hour show last night?

I would say the two Raws I consistently watch is the one following Rumble and the one following WrestleMania. It’s the day we can see some debuts and when the storylines start to take shape.

Tonight has been disappointing (so far at least).
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#23 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:15 am

I feel bad for Ronda getting crapped on by those annoying Becky stans
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#24 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:30 am

Asuka tapped out Becky easily clean in like 10 minutes last night and I'm supposed to believe
she has any chance against Ronda Rousey?

Thanks WWE Booking gonna need Charlotte involved to eat a pin
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#25 » by bestnamezRtaken » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:31 am

Scott Hall wrote:I feel bad for Ronda getting crapped on by those annoying Becky stans

She deserves it.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,417

Post#26 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:33 am

Great promo and in all honesty Ronda won that round. Keep Charlotte away. One on one, these two should main event Mania.
Do it for Chuck
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#27 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:35 am

bestnamezRtaken wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:I feel bad for Ronda getting crapped on by those annoying Becky stans

She deserves it.

For???
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#28 » by improper » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:35 am

I mean, if WWE just had her turn heel like they should have months ago, they wouldn't be in this situation. Ronda needs to be a heel. It's the only way she's going to work long term. She needs to be the badass who wants to hurt people. It's who she should have been from day one. Instead, they made her the "just happy to be there" girl, which was fine until it was time for her to go over fan favorites.

They need to lock Ronda in a room for two weeks watching Shayna Baszler tape on repeat, because that is who Ronda needs to be.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#29 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:40 am

improper wrote:

I mean, if WWE just had her turn heel like they should have months ago, they wouldn't be in this situation. Ronda needs to be a heel. It's the only way she's going to work long term. She needs to be the badass who wants to hurt people. It's who she should have been from day one. Instead, they made her the "just happy to be there" girl, which was fine until it was time for her to go over fan favorites.

They need to lock Ronda in a room for two weeks watching Shayna Baszler tape on repeat, because that is who Ronda needs to be.

Ronda has mostly got positive reactions all year... When a celeb comes in it's best to start them off babyface and
see how much merch they can sell (DB has gone way down turning heel).

I also have no problems with her dominating the womens division off the bat she was the baddest woman on the planet
how do you not book her to win?

Also it's not even a full year into her rookie year so there is time for her to turn heel... But I like her as a tweener
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,946

Post#30 » by tugs » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:42 am

I'm afraid they're gonna have the WWE 4HW ambush Ronda then she'll eventually call for back up. Sigh.

It should've been the other way around where Ronda calls up each and every UFC 4HW and beat the **** of anyone from the WWE4HW. She'll ask for the help but be ignored then week per week Ronda ambushes every member and that ignites the formation of the anti UFC stable.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by improper » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:45 am

Scott Hall wrote:Ronda has mostly got positive reactions all year... When a celeb comes in it's best to start them off babyface and

I also have no problems with her dominating the womens division off the bat she was the baddest woman on the planet

Also it's not even a full year into her rookie year so there is time for her to turn heel... But I like her as a tweener

I mean, she's won her matches, but it's hard to say she's dominated the division. Virtually every match has been Ronda getting beat up for 75% of it. And I get that part of that is because she's still raw and can't carry a match on her own, which means her opponent gets most of the offense. But I just hate the way they've made her largely seem like she's just happy to be there. She's the baddest woman on the planet, yet she rarely has squash matches. They need to let her go out there and kill the Alexas of the world. Alexa Bliss, in the ring, shouldn't be holding Ronda's jock. Ronday should have made a joke of Bliss. Ronda should have beat the sh*t out of Nia in five minutes or less. They want to call her the baddest woman on the planet, yet she's booked like an underdog babyface in every damn match and it makes no sense.

This is Ronda f*cking Rousey. Let her go out there and murder some b*tches.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#32 » by bestnamezRtaken » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:56 am

Ronda being a tweener has hurt her badly. With them saying "baddest woman on the planet" all the damn time, she doesn't appear that way at all. She hasn't dominated a single match, she smiles way to much and keeps trying to get everyone's respect in the women's division. She shouldn't care if she's the baddest woman on the planet, she shouldn't have close matches with very many people on the roster, but she does. She has diminished the value of the raw woman's title because she wasn't ready to hold that belt. She hasn't been a believable champion at all. She's been booked like ass. I'm sorry, but she deserves to be boo'd right the f*ck out the building.

If/when she loses at WM, she needs to come back with a manager who can talk for her because she is god awful on the mic, she needs to be a heel and literally not give a crap about anyone as she dominates the division. Shayna Baszler is much farther along than she is. If anything at this point, Shayna should be the leader of the UFC 4HW. :lol:

improper
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by improper » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:59 am

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Ronda being a tweener has hurt her badly. With them saying "baddest woman on the planet" all the damn time, she doesn't appear that way at all. She hasn't dominated a single match, she smiles way to much and keeps trying to get everyone's respect in the women's division. She shouldn't care if she's the baddest woman on the planet, she shouldn't have close matches with very many people on the roster, but she does. She has diminished the value of the raw woman's title because she wasn't ready to hold that belt. She hasn't been a believable champion at all. She's been booked like ass. I'm sorry, but she deserves to be boo'd right the f*ck out the building.

If/when she loses at WM, she needs to come back with a manager who can talk for her because she is god awful on the mic, she needs to be a heel and literally not give a crap about anyone as she dominates the division. Shayna Baszler is much farther along than she is. If anything at this point, Shayna should be the leader of the UFC 4HW. :lol:

Shayna just gets wrestling in a way few do. Ronda has been very impressive in the ring, but Baszler is just an overall incredible wrestler. She's good in the ring, on the mic, and has the character they should have morphed Ronda into over the past year.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,958

Post#34 » by iMoreland » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:01 am

Brock is great, best thing going in WWE
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#35 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:06 am

improper wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Ronda has mostly got positive reactions all year... When a celeb comes in it's best to start them off babyface and

I mean, she's won her matches, but it's hard to say she's dominated the division. Virtually every match has been Ronda getting beat up for 75% of it. And I get that part of that is because she's still raw and can't carry a match on her own, which means her opponent gets most of the offense. But I just hate the way they've made her largely seem like she's just happy to be there. She's the baddest woman on the planet, yet she rarely has squash matches. They need to let her go out there and kill the Alexas of the world. Alexa Bliss, in the ring, shouldn't be holding Ronda's jock. Ronday should have made a joke of Bliss. Ronda should have beat the sh*t out of Nia in five minutes or less. They want to call her the baddest woman on the planet, yet she's booked like an underdog babyface in every damn match and it makes no sense.

This is Ronda f*cking Rousey. Let her go out there and murder some b*tches.

So you wanna book her like Brock and have 2 minute squash matches? On the surface it makes sense but I
don't think you can have her and Brock do that simultaneously.

Brock should be destroying Balor, DB and Styles logically as well.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by improper » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:11 am

Scott Hall wrote:So you wanna book her like Brock and have 2 minute squash matches? On the surface it makes sense but I

Not every match. I don't think Brock is a fair comparison, because Brock has been allowed to just absolutely murder people. Brock got to destroy Cena a few years ago at Summerslam. No one gets to squash Cena, but Brock did. Ronda hasn't really had a dominant win over anyone.

And it's not about logic. This is pro wrestling. I have zero issue with Ronda having a super competitive match with Sasha Banks, because Sasha Banks is a talented professional wrestler who can believably work a competitive match with Rousey because she's good. I take issue with someone like Alexa Bliss dominating Rousey for 90% of the match, because Bliss isn't convincing at all in the ring and weighs less than my dog. I know Sasha's not much bigger, but she just has that mean streak and aura where I believe she can take out someone bigger. Credit those amazing NXT matches with Bayley or her many main roster matches with Charlotte for that.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#37 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:27 am

improper wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:So you wanna book her like Brock and have 2 minute squash matches? On the surface it makes sense but I

Not every match. I don't think Brock is a fair comparison, because Brock has been allowed to just absolutely murder people. Brock got to destroy Cena a few years ago at Summerslam. No one gets to squash Cena, but Brock did. Ronda hasn't really had a dominant win over anyone.

And it's not about logic. This is pro wrestling. I have zero issue with Ronda having a super competitive match with Sasha Banks, because Sasha Banks is a talented professional wrestler who can believably work a competitive match with Rousey because she's good. I take issue with someone like Alexa Bliss dominating Rousey for 90% of the match, because Bliss isn't convincing at all in the ring and weighs less than my dog. I know Sasha's not much bigger, but she just has that mean streak and aura where I believe she can take out someone bigger. Credit those amazing NXT matches with Bayley or her many main roster matches with Charlotte for that.

Honestly Ronda was in a no win situation with a giant bulls eye on her back...

You book her as a force that destroys her opponents and wins all the time in 5 minutes people will
bitch and moan about that like they did with Brock. If she has competitive matches she doesn't
look like a bad ass and seems kind of lame.

As for Alexa Bliss I don't remember the match but I get what you mean but like you said it's not about "logic".

She was the MVP of the best match at WM as a first timer she's rapidly improving and I liked her match with
Nia Jax at Evolution.

Yeah I would've liked her to be booked as Goldberg... but she's not gonna get better in the ring having 2 minute
squash matches or not getting promo time.

Also baby face champions that win all the time historically take punishment and have that never give up
Rocky Balboa attitude. Hogan, Austin, Cena, Punk, Styles etc.

It's easier for Shayna to do that as a heel different game as a face...

With that said I liked that side of Ronda coming out tonight I like to see the character transition of the
smiley babyface into the boss bitch. Rome wasn't built in a day so I haven't been impatient.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 7,319

Post#38 » by Butch718 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:46 am

I’m not a Ronda fan, however that promo she cut about being able to kill Becky with her bare hands was legit badass. They need more of that from her.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,879

Post#39 » by Spens1 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:52 am

This company is full of ****. So both winners are going to raw and smackdown gets left with what, absolutely nothing yet again.

I want nothing to do with a Rollins vs Lesnar match (Rollins is good, he's no Balor and he certainly is no Bryan or Styles), just get his stale ass off of raw.

it also hurts smackdown cause they lose their biggest star, the only thing that smackdown has going for it now is Bryan, everything else on that show is dead for the most part (maybe Almas and Rey is ok, but if the rumours are true, that's about to die also). Send Sasha and Bayley to smackdown at least to do something.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#40 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:04 am

Spens1 wrote:This company is full of ****. So both winners are going to raw and smackdown gets left with what, absolutely nothing yet again.

I want nothing to do with a Rollins vs Lesnar match (Rollins is good, he's no Balor and he certainly is no Bryan or Styles), just get his stale ass off of raw.

it also hurts smackdown cause they lose their biggest star, the only thing that smackdown has going for it now is Bryan, everything else on that show is dead for the most part (maybe Almas and Rey is ok, but if the rumours are true, that's about to die also). Send Sasha and Bayley to smackdown at least to do something.

Well there's usually a big shakeup or draft a week after WM so I'm not sure if any of that stuff even matters much.
They probably wouldn't even do it if Becky wasn't red hot and the money match wasn't her vs. Ronda.

Yeah I don't know what is with Rollins and why he isn't connecting with a lot of people... As a performer he's really
talented he's a good talker and great worker has a decent look and gets really good pops yet feels stale and just not
on a main event level or a guy you want to see in the Main Event of WM especially if it's against Lesnar. A match with
Bryan or Styles would be great though.

It's gotta be Vinces piss poor booking that just doesn't have him feel as special and legit as he should. He also hasn't
had any great PPV matches in awhile but honestly next to nobody did on the entire main roster for the year of 2018.

Return to Pro Wrestling