Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,746

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion II 

Post#201 » by gambitx777 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:10 am

6.5 out of 10.

MJF and Cole is a fantastic story.
The young bucks not going over was very important!
Some decent matches.
But man was there some odd booking choices here.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,149

Post#202 » by daoneandonly » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:29 pm

CM Punk and Jack Perry got into a tussle backstage

Can Khan grow some balls and just fire that prick Punk? The guy is a toxic dick
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#203 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:46 pm

daoneandonly wrote:CM Punk and Jack Perry got into a tussle backstage

Yeah, I'm a fan of his but it has become increasingly harder and harder to justify him having a spot in AEW. They had a really good PPV headlined by a fantastic main event, and the immediate story after All In is the Punk/Perry brawl. I really don't think he's worth the baggage he brings anymore.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,215

Post#204 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:56 pm

Right before a Chicago PPV also. Horrific timing. Punk v. Starks had to be in the original plans.

Punk is a forever malcontent. Love the guy as a performer, but this AEW run has been nothing but problems.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#205 » by Marcus » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:09 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:

Right before a Chicago PPV also. Horrific timing. Punk v. Starks had to be in the original plans.

Punk is a forever malcontent. Love the guy as a performer, but this AEW run has been nothing but problems.

has he burned all possible bridges?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,575

Post#206 » by Pharaoh » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:44 pm

No cause Khan is a fan of Punk.

Apparently it's a long story that goes back to the last Collisin episode.

Perry wanted to do a spot with real glass. Producers were telling him no, Perry wasn't listening and at some point Punk stepped in to explain "we don't do that **** on Collisin. You wanna do that? Stay on Dynamite"

At All In Perry does his spot, looks in the camera and says it was glass & "cry me a river". When he walks back through the curtain Punk is at gorilla cause he's the first match on the PPV.

They have a altercation where Punk ends up putting Perry in a choke (apparently to stop it escalating) and it's over.

Perry was told to leave the building.

After Punk's match he asked if they wanted him to go, there was some discussion and eventually he left too.

Maybe I'm old and senile but it appears there's a lot of children in the AEW locker room and not enough adults.

"Biggest paid attendance in history" and the story after the show is Punk/Perry instead of the event itself or the main event of that show.

Can only imagine what the likes of JR, Sting & Tony think of this after all they've seen in their lives

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,349

Post#207 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:13 am

This one is on Jungle Boy and I think it's quite clear. If people are going to blanket statement punk as a cancer what's to stop a young dude with nothing going on like Jungle Boy to start some **** just to get his name out there? Beyond that, when you add in the debacle of no one showing up to pick up Punk at the airport and his phone calls getting nothing back it seems like it could be a decent amount of people in that company that are trying to get him out. I wish they'd release him so he could go back to wwe and finish there. His "I work with children" press conference line continues to prove to be true.

All in all this is on Khan who clearly is in over his head and who I perceive is too much of a fan to be a boss. For all of Vince's faults, if this was happening in his company it's dealt with and squashed at the first incident. He'd make a quick decision on what's better for the bottom line, feelings be damned.

Unless Khan relinquishes a ton of power I just don't think AEW ever becomes a true competitor to the empire.
Do it for Chuck
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#208 » by Pharaoh » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:13 am

jakecronus8 wrote:This one is on Jungle Boy and I think it's quite clear. If people are going to blanket statement punk as a cancer what's to stop a young dude with nothing going on like Jungle Boy to start some **** just to get his name out there? Beyond that, when you add in the debacle of no one showing up to pick up Punk at the airport and his phone calls getting nothing back it seems like it could be a decent amount of people in that company that are trying to get him out. I wish they'd release him so he could go back to wwe and finish there. His "I work with children" press conference line continues to prove to be true.

All in all this is on Khan who clearly is in over his head and who I perceive is too much of a fan to be a boss. For all of Vince's faults, if this was happening in his company it's dealt with and squashed at the first incident. He'd make a quick decision on what's better for the bottom line, feelings be damned.

Unless Khan relinquishes a ton of power I just don't think AEW ever becomes a true competitor to the empire.

They'll never be a real competitor IMO. WWE is wrestling to a lot of people.

You're probably right that Khan is too much of a fan. What he needs is someone from outside his company to be head of talent and kill all this backstage drama ASAP.

Elite v Punk/FTR can't really be a thing considering FTR just vs Bucks at Wembley so maybe that beef has been squashed but the amount of reports that end up online from AEW is mind blowing.

It takes away from this event and now it appears both Perry and Punk are "suspended" yet the PPV is coming up in Chicago!

Would have made more sense for them to have a confrontation on Dynamite or Collision and see some tickets and buys for the PPV:

Punk v Perry in a Shattered Glass match or something

daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#209 » by daoneandonly » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:37 am

jakecronus8 wrote:This one is on Jungle Boy and I think it's quite clear. If people are going to blanket statement punk as a cancer what's to stop a young dude with nothing going on like Jungle Boy to start some **** just to get his name out there? Beyond that, when you add in the debacle of no one showing up to pick up Punk at the airport and his phone calls getting nothing back it seems like it could be a decent amount of people in that company that are trying to get him out. I wish they'd release him so he could go back to wwe and finish there. His "I work with children" press conference line continues to prove to be true.

Yet over and over and over the one common denominator is who? CM Punk. Doesnt matter if its young guys like Jungle or Page, or decorated vets like Jericho, Mox, or COlt, the guy bleeds drama. He's a far left liberal whack job and Khan should have fired him last year after the brawl and yet another injury.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#210 » by gambitx777 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:23 pm

Ya know it's just as possibly punk is being targeted by a bunch of self entitled douchebags as it is punk is a big bad villain. Jungle boy was in the wrong here. Page was in the wrong before. The bucks and Kenny were in the wrong bashing into his locker room. The dude is being targeted. Punk did nothing wrong.

daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#211 » by daoneandonly » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:14 pm

You seriously need to take off the rose colored WWE shades. Punk is the wrong, he had issues in WWE and now AEW. There was no talk of drama this level in the AEW locker room until when? Until a progessive dip moron named Phil came into it. Dude even took a shot at AJ Styles, who from everything I heard, si one of the most liked guys in wrestling.

Stop defending him just because you love WWE and hate AEW. I mean you constantly bash AEW, yet the stupidest decision that makes zero sense was Jimmy Uso turning on Jey, and you call it awesome storytelling.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#212 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:37 am

The elite are terrible for the pro wrestling business. Tony gave backyard wrestlers Evp status. SMH
Do it for Chuck
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,637

Post#213 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:54 am

All In thoughts pt 1

I wish they came up with a more memorable name for their flagship event than All In/All Out, this could be have been a good opportunity to have their Wrestlemania I in that regard.

MJF and Cole vs Aussie Open - This was fun and did its job building towards the pay off of the Kangaroo Kick (actually looked good) and the Double Clothesline.

Hook vs Jack Perry - Surprised by the winner but I'm ok with it as I'm impressed by Hook and think he might have more potential than Jack (not that he's bad), when Hook first came in I thought he would be this freak athlete flying around guy, but as the announcers pointed out he has fundamentals and looks good doing the suplex type moves, obviously learning from his dad.

Punk vs Samoa Joe - Solid but felt abrupt with surprisingly no kick outs by AEW standards, though I'm glad they didn't make someone kick out of top rope pedigree. I think they could have just built this as the the All Out main event honestly (although they could just have a rematch, having not seen Dynamite yet) instead of it being the Lashley vs McIntyre of the card.

Omega 6 man tag - This was more fun than I expected for looking like a filler match on paper. I thought Takeshita popped and made sense as the mega Japanese prospect. I liked the ending as it came off like an NBA game where they steal it with 0.9 seconds left after the other team thought they hit game winning shot, and worked perfectly with Takeshita being the one to do it.

Young Bucks vs FTR - I expect Meltzer to give this 7 stars but actually it was like but not love for me, it was exactly what I expected which was a long match with endless kick outs overtly trying to get people to call it the best tag match ever. I did like the spot of Cash faking the 450 and Dax superkicking, and Dax's "they're behind me f*ck it I'm still gonna fight them" moment.

Stadium Stampede - I was into it, I liked the storyline leading up to it with the Fenix injury and Kingston's return, and it delivered violence wise with Moxley leading the way. Coming after the Bucks/FTR match was perfect as I wanted something with more clear face vs heel and animosity. The Sue thing and Penta return was maybe unnecessary but still kind of fun.

Women's four way - I thought this had a good storyline with the Outcasts breaking up and it was a great moment to see Saraya win, even though she came out with the family I still wasn't sure if she can wrestle enough for them to pull the trigger. Overall this was as good as it could have hoped to be considering AEW is hit/miss with women's matches.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,637

Post#214 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:05 pm

All In thoughts part 2

Darby and Sting vs Swerve and Christian - This was fun coffin match with both heels being fun villains root against and the coffin fit their top rope skillsets well, I liked the use of the bat in the coffin and it costing him to try to bury Sting with it. Sting is still compelling to me considering dude is like the same age as Flair when he was managing Charlotte during her first title runs.

Jericho vs Ospraey - Very good match, Ospraey is electric to watch and the slower but still dangerous guy Jericho was a nice compliment, making Ospraey the outright face with him in a Bret Hart in Canada situation worked well enough and Jericho fu ending was good, also interested in what the Guevera ending means.

House of Black vs The Acclaimed - This was probably one of the weaker ones in terms of quality of match but I guess Badass Billy Gunn was still used well and Julia Hart groin shot worked.

MJF vs Adam Cole - It was long but overall I got caught up in the storyline and the ending, at its best probably the most enjoyable of the night. I wouldn't have minded if Cole had won because he wanted it more than MJF (ie doing the tombstone) but I guess there is more to the story. The way MJF was talking to Cole at the end made him 100% babyface now to me.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,980

Post#215 » by MotownMadness » Fri Sep 1, 2023 9:17 pm

Don't want MJF as a Babyface
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#216 » by gambitx777 » Sat Sep 2, 2023 5:46 am

daoneandonly wrote:You seriously need to take off the rose colored WWE shades. Punk is the wrong, he had issues in WWE and now AEW. There was no talk of drama this level in the AEW locker room until when? Until a progessive dip moron named Phil came into it. Dude even took a shot at AJ Styles, who from everything I heard, si one of the most liked guys in wrestling.

Stop defending him just because you love WWE and hate AEW. I mean you constantly bash AEW, yet the stupidest decision that makes zero sense was Jimmy Uso turning on Jey, and you call it awesome storytelling.
#1 there are plenty of reports and vary. Plenty of evidence that punk isn't the bad guy here. Innocent hell naw. The bad guy absolutely not!

As for the blood line it's not my fault certain fans can't see past 390 450 Ultimo corkscrew death driver 930 through a table go buuuurrrrr. Let alone seeing through a story element that's gonna flesh out over not days, not weeks but months. The story line is solid and they should stick the landing. The matches are getting a bit formula driven and they need to mix that up! But it's still better than most of the garbage wrestling with no story at all that AEW has.

heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,215

Post#217 » by heatwillbeback » Sat Sep 2, 2023 9:08 pm

Punk “officially” fired.

Just couldn’t get along with anyone.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#218 » by Pharaoh » Sat Sep 2, 2023 10:06 pm

Amazed he's been terminated but about time Khan stood up and acted like a Boss.

Some quote about good people get tired of things too comes to mind.

jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#219 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Sep 2, 2023 10:50 pm

Khan needs to step away from creative and talent relations. What a disaster.
Do it for Chuck
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#220 » by gambitx777 » Sat Sep 2, 2023 11:34 pm

I think it was a terrible choice, but I support Tony for growing a pair and taking off some heads. He should have also fired perry to send a message.

Now, CM Punk 1000000% ended up in WWE for one last edge/trish type run.

Return to Pro Wrestling