Picasso
Rookie
And1: 896

Re: WWE WrestleMania 35 Discussion 

Post#421 » by Picasso » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:32 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sorry she botched. Learn what you're doing and stop making others look bad as you complain about losing. New cena.
I had to jump off the boat to walk on water.
Picasso
Rookie

Post#422 » by Picasso » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:36 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Zero percent chance that main event finish wasn't for storyline purposes.

Oh, that ending sucked. But hey we got Becky vs Charlotte vs Ronda, which everyone's not named Vince or Rick did not want to see anyway.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#423 » by improper » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:40 pm

daoneandonly wrote:The thing is NXT is on another level, let's see how gargano does when he's on the main roster

NXT is better than the main roster by a mile, but no one in NXT history has had the string of incredible matches Gargano has had with basically everyone. Owens never came close (his two best matches were both on the main roster against Cena and Zayn). Zayn had the match against Nakamura and that's pretty much it as far as classics go. Joe put on good but not great matches. Balor had very good matches against Owens, but nothing close to Gargano/Ciampa. I don't remember any of McIntyre's matches.

Ricochet was great, but his best match was against Gargano. Almas was great, but his best match was against Gargano. Ciampa is probably the closest, but his best matches were all against Gargano. Cole's best match? Gargano. I'm sensing a trend here.

The fact is, while there are lots of great performers putting on great matches in NXT, there's not a single wrestler in NXT history with the sustained and consistent greatness Johnny Gargano has demonstrated the past two to three years.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,257

Post#424 » by LLJ » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:44 pm

Ruzious wrote:The pink elephant in the middle of the room - Despite all the hate for Rousey - and let's be honest - it is hate, the headline from probably all non-wrestling venues covering Rasslemania was her match - because she was in it.

I thought the buzz for this Wrestlemania in general was quite low considering the build the WWE gave this match. Probably the lowest amount of buzz I've seen in years.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#425 » by improper » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:50 pm

LLJ wrote:
Ruzious wrote:The pink elephant in the middle of the room - Despite all the hate for Rousey - and let's be honest - it is hate, the headline from probably all non-wrestling venues covering Rasslemania was her match - because she was in it.

I thought the buzz for this Wrestlemania in general was quite low considering the build the WWE gave this match. Probably the lowest amount of buzz I've seen in years.

Most of the things I've seen have either been about the botch or how the show was way too long. :lol:
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,162

Post#426 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:53 pm

improper wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:The thing is NXT is on another level, let's see how gargano does when he's on the main roster

NXT is better than the main roster by a mile, but no one in NXT history has had the string of incredible matches Gargano has had with basically everyone. Owens never came close (his two best matches were both on the main roster against Cena and Zayn). Zayn had the match against Nakamura and that's pretty much it as far as classics go. Joe put on good but not great matches. Balor had very good matches against Owens, but nothing close to Gargano/Ciampa. I don't remember any of McIntyre's matches.

Ricochet was great, but his best match was against Gargano. Almas was great, but his best match was against Gargano. Ciampa is probably the closest, but his best matches were all against Gargano. Cole's best match? Gargano. I'm sensing a trend here.

The fact is, while there are lots of great performers putting on great matches in NXT, there's not a single wrestler in NXT history with the sustained and consistent greatness Johnny Gargano has demonstrated the past two to three years.

But Gargano has also been there longer than just about anybody without really being called up permanently, so being in the better booked and more wrestling friendly brand for a lot longer time period, he's sure to have more quality matches. I dont think that makes him better than any of the guys I mentioned because it's not a straight line comparison.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#427 » by Ruzious » Mon Apr 8, 2019 3:01 pm

improper wrote:
LLJ wrote:

Most of the things I've seen have either been about the botch or how the show was way too long. :lol:

If the "botch" happened in any of the other matches, it would still be the Rousey match that all the non-wrestling venues would have highlighted.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,765

Post#428 » by spykelee » Mon Apr 8, 2019 3:05 pm

Counted 32 rotations on cessaros swing. That was **** wild lol l. I love that move

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
Picasso
Rookie

Post#429 » by Picasso » Mon Apr 8, 2019 3:07 pm

Good show, but being un Jersey, fringe 5-12:30 am that was a bit too much. Need to stop the pre show/kickoff show. Show one of those for about 30 mins, star the show at about 5:30 since you know everyone is already there, and it's over at 11 or 11:30. This show ended at 12:30an out here and started at 5. With the first 2 hrs being mostly talk and 2 of the last 3 matches being rushed.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#430 » by improper » Mon Apr 8, 2019 3:10 pm

daoneandonly wrote:But Gargano has also been there longer than just about anybody without really being called up permanently, so being in the better booked and more wrestling friendly brand for a lot longer time period, he's sure to have more quality matches. I dont think that makes him better than any of the guys I mentioned because it's not a straight line comparison.

No offense, but your argument seems to boil down to "the guys I listed are better even though all evidence points to the contrary," and that's just not a terribly compelling argument.

All we have to go by is the matches these guys wrestle and how much they make us care about them, and there's not a wrestler in the world that has been better at both than Johnny Gargano since the DIY break up.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#431 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 8, 2019 3:15 pm

improper wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:But Gargano has also been there longer than just about anybody without really being called up permanently, so being in the better booked and more wrestling friendly brand for a lot longer time period, he's sure to have more quality matches. I dont think that makes him better than any of the guys I mentioned because it's not a straight line comparison.

No offense, but your argument seems to boil down to "the guys I listed are better even though all evidence points to the contrary," and that's just not a terribly compelling argument.

All we have to go by is the matches these guys wrestle and how much they make us care about them, and there's not a wrestler in the world that has been better at both than Johnny Gargano since the DIY break up.

No it comes more form almost every post u have to chime in on Gargano's greatness and trash everyone else. When gargano goes to the main roster, he wont have these classics or be that big a name, that's not his fault, its an unfortunate Vinny mac side effect, but Gargano not being called up is the only reason he's had so many great matches, because those kind of matches exist in NXT like 5 times to 1 over the main roster, again because of booking.

Give me Rollins, DB, KO, Zayn, Kofi, and AJ any day over Gargano
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#432 » by bestnamezRtaken » Mon Apr 8, 2019 3:50 pm

WrestleMania last night was....for the most part, a good show. It was pretty predictable in the end (for the most part) and sometimes, that's not a bad thing. Some off finishes and what not...but for the most part, good show. Just a few matches should have been placed differently.

To start off, the cruiserweight championship match was actually pretty good. I was surprised to see Nese win tbh but it was still good. I'm not following 205 Live much, so I didn't know that was Nese's finisher either, the running knee in the corner. So when he got the win, I was legit surprised.

The Women's battle royal was fine. I'm just so over the whole, someone goes under the ropes and then comes back in to win the damn thing. At that point, I was freaking hoping Sarah Logan was going to win (even though I thought Asuka should have won). It was odd seeing Nikki Cross, Naomi (winner last year) and Ember Moon get eliminated as quickly as they did. It's like, it doesn't even matter how good they are or them winning it the previous year. Like, oh "anything can happen" type crap but you're making certain women look weak when you do that. Blah, whatever. Yay for Carmella I guess?

The Raw Tag Title match was actually pretty good. I bet Vince had a small debate in his mind after Dash punched that dude in the face that tackled Bret Hart, thinking like "Well, maybe the Revival should keep that titles after that, good job Dash!"...I wouldn't put it past him. Though I do think that Ryder and Hawkins will either lose the titles tonight on Raw or next week. But still, a great match on the preshow. Ryder and Hawkins showing that they can be more than just jobbers.

The AtG Battle Royal was...fine. But again, having the two jabronis go under the ropes only to reappear later? The whole thing was stupid and it's making what should be a cool battle royal in a damn joke. Please stop having idiots come into the ring that shouldn't be. Gronk from a few years ago, dumb and dumber from last night...it's not needed. AtG would be pissed at Vince for this crap. But yeah, Braun winning was clear as day. I was super excited to see Luke Harper in the ring though, I was really reeeeaaallllly hoping he'd win but Braun was just too obvious.

The Universal Championship opening up the show? A nice twist. I originally missed why they were opening the show because I was doing something with my kids, don't recall. But I did see Paul Heyman interrupt Bliss and Hogan...just missed what he said. It was a pretty underwhelming match to be honest. But the good thing is that Rollins has the title and it'll be back on Raw weekly. I dunno what the reason was to just have it be finisher heavy...but it does appear that the stomp is more of a lethal finisher than the super man punch/spear combo. It only took 3 stomps while for Roman, he hit his punch and spear 82 times only to have Brock come out on top. So that's a fun little fact for ya. Also, a missed opportunity for WWE on Seth's titan-tron. There were 2 swords on his titan-tron that were going through "The Beast" and at first, I thought it was Brock's sword that's on his chest, but upon further inspection, it was not. I thought that would have been a great small detail to add, and some good foreshadowing too, but nooope. Damn you Vince.

AJ v Orton was fine for what it was. Could have been better, sure...but it was always going to be one of the wild card matches on the card...either really good show stealing, or meh. Although, I do have to point out that no one in recent memory has kicked out of the RKO other than Styles last night. It's always been a very protected finisher, been absolutely devastating to people in the past...but AJ was able to kick out of one, so that's a cool note to take from that. Good match, could have been better but I think it's because there wasn't much build to it other than the last 2-3 weeks on SmackDown and a few back and forths.

Was very surprised to see the Usos retain the tag titles. I thought all the teams in the match had a good shot at winning. Lol at the people who keep b*tching about Black and Ricochet being a team...shut your little wh*re mouths, they have great chemistry together and they're a lot of fun. Plus, I'm going to email Vince to start calling them the Goth n Jock Connection. Deal with it. Anyways, it was a good match, I enjoyed it and having the Usos be one of two people to retain on the entire card, that was awesome. They are one of the best tag teams in WWE history, so it was a great win for them and it really made them look strong.

Shane v The Miz was fun, just an odd dumb ending. Miz should have definitely won that match. Having his father in the ring was funny too, with Shane "correctly" fixing where his fists should go, gave me a giggle. But we knew it was going to be spot heavy because that's all Shane can do. He's not a wrestler and he's not good at wrestling, he's just a spot monkey. It would be awesome to never see him in another match though! I think a lot of us would really enjoy that. Vince, please take note, your son isn't needed in the ring anymore. Thanks, the WWE Universe Fans.

The Women's Tag Team match was fine. It had the unfortunate placement of being after the spot heavy match from above. People saying the match sucked...nah, it was okay. Definitely didn't suck but it wasn't great. I was definitely surprised that the IIconics got the win though, so that was awesome. They were so happy and to be honest, good for them. Hopefully they start doing more heel things and super heel promos, they need to come off strong as heels now that they're the top dogs in the tag division.

And now, the match of the f*cking night....holy damn. This should have been the main event of the night. I do want to start off by saying that, I knew the WWE title was under the cloth when the stand was first shown. It was a good decoy to put the hemp belt over it to make it look like it was the stand for it, but I told my wife, they have the actual belt under there because they want good pictures of Kofi with the real belt. But holy cow, this match was amazing. This is how you tell a story and get your fans invested. I'm going to admit, when Kofi won and seeing Xavier Woods cry in the ring holding Kofi...I got teary eyed. I've never gotten teary eyed from a match like that. My wife and I were sucked into this match too. And I want to point out a big thing...they made Kofi's Trouble in Paradise finisher look legit because it only took ONE to get the job done. I appreciate them doing that. I also want to add this to just show the raw emotion of Woods and Big E. **** amazing. This was the best WM moment in recent years. I loved every second of it.

Someone mentioned a possible heel turn during the match...I actually mentioned that to my wife, I was getting a little nervous with how much they were showing New Day on a separate camera somewhat often....like, oh man....is this the calm before the storm? No....can't be. Thankfully, it wasn't.

Samoa Joe v Rey was actually much needed to be honest. A good squash match, one because any match going on after the WWE match was going to likely get sh*t on, but it also made Joe look strong and dominate in the process. Sure, it was against a much smaller Rey but it's more believable to just have the smaller Rey get squashed like that and move on. Glad Joe got the quick win.

Roman v Drew was....meh. I was very confused by it because they've been building Drew to be this dominate big man who takes credit for breaking the shield all the time and who actually hasn't been pinned since being called up (pretty sure, all of his losses have come from being in a tag team or a multiple person match, he hasn't taken the fall). So I was expecting to see some sort of shenanigans to happen....but he lost clean. I don't think this was a burial either...but man....what an odd match with an odd ending. Drew shouldn't have lost clean.

Trips v Batista....wow, what a struggle of a match to get through. It was fine but like most people mentioned, they were gassed after 5-7 minutes in the ring and just relied on weapons...which I guess is fine. But it was dragging on...and it was the longest match on the card too. The spot where, I think it was Batista?, where he got power bombed on the stairs in the ring and slid off, then got the pedigree? Ouch, that looked like it hurt. I thought for sure Trips was going to lose because he's getting pretty bad in the ring now days, and usually only does these types of matches...which, meh. It was fine for what it was but the time could have gone to another match to further that storyline.

Corbin v Angle was a bit of a doozy I think. It wasn't that great of a send off for Kurt, I was shocked to see Corbin get the win too but hey...hopefully this does elevate him to do better. I honestly take him more serious now after the hair cut than I did when he was balding real bad with long hair. But it was such an odd feeling...We can all agree, Kurt deserved better. Let's see if they try to do more with Corbin to play him off as a bigger heel. I felt they had a missed opportunity when he was acting GM, they should have put the IC title on him and had him keep losing but then changing the rules so that he could win. He's just getting booked badly.

Demon v Lashley was fine. I thought they played it off good, because the Demon is supposed to be this near unstoppable being. I did find it kind of odd that Lashley was also wearing baby blue contacts but hey, whatever, lol. I think the only wrestler who has beaten the Demon, has been Kevin Owens at a Takeover, yeah? Or was that Samoa Joe? Or is the Demon undefeated? One of you NXT peeps gotta confirm this. Anyways, the match was good for the placement and what it accomplished.

Now for the main event of the evening. By this time, I was incredibly tired, drained. I had to readjust several times to make sure I was focused, because this is a big deal. I thought the match was okay, a little underwhelming. It never really took off the way Kofi v Bryan did. The ending though, was a miss, the fishy roll up win wasn't needed. Becky needed a clear cut, clean victory over Ronda. Not some BS where she had her shoulders up and then down. I don't think it was a "screw job" finish against Ronda, that tweet is just to get the smarks all riled up. It was just confusing, the crowd wanted to be into this match, but it just had that odd roll up victory and the people in the crowd that were tying their shoes were like, wait what the?! It didn't really give Becky her WM moment that she deserved. To the dude who was trying to call people out for complaining, shut up. Jeez, you are actually in the wrong with your "people will always complain because it wasn't booked how they wanted it to" comments. This match didn't need a roll up pin with a screwy finish to end it. With how long the feud was going, for many months, with the whole "Ronda going off script because she can" BS and Vince "telling Becky to calm down on the Ronda hate" nonsense....that literally lasted since last SummerSlam, which was August 19th, 2018...8 months of a build...EIGHT....MONTHS of building...all for a screwy roll up victory? Like, yes, we are all very happy that Becky won, don't get us wrong, but that finish was booty and not the good kind. If you even read this topic while people were live posting, a lot of good things were said....and a lot of complaining was done. But that's just how it goes. If you don't like reading it, than maybe it's you who should go elsewhere. No one was getting on anyone's nerves or being a pest. Everyone was having great discussions until you tried shaming people. I don't even remember your username but yeah...you were in the wrong my dude. You tried.

Anyways! The show wasn't too bad, it was good. Just the match placement should have been different, and the crowd actually kind of sucked. Either that or perhaps because it was an open stadium that maybe we weren't hearing the reaction that we felt was needed during certain matches? Like, the You Suck chant is ALWAYS a hit, no matter what...and even that sounded a little dull. I dunno, am I in the minority with this crowd?

Hopefully, we'll get better builds to more feuds instead of, rush everything in the last 3-4 weeks type build. Like, what's their end game with Becky holding both titles? I can't see them merging the belts because SmackDown is gonna be going to Fox at the end of the year...I am however, really looking forward to SmackDown to see Kofi and the New Day. I really hope they don't break up those three, it's not needed at all. Big E and Xavier are so pure when it comes to Kofi and it really freaking shows. Xavier said this was the best moment of his career...Kofi winning the title. Big E agreed. Like....you can't break this trio up. You just freaking can't.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#433 » by Celtsfan1980 » Mon Apr 8, 2019 4:15 pm

Stanford wrote:These threads are stream of conciousness records of our thoughts during live shows. There are going to be positive comments, there are going to be negative comments. The good things and bad things (of which there are plenty of both) are going to be represented here because that's how event threads work.

All of us said plenty of positive things about moments in the show as they happened. Any insinuation that this thread is just a constant series of bitching is untrue.

It's primarily three members who are very negative towards WWE(improper, spens, and Scott Hall), and can be very repetitive. It's the repetition of the negativity that can become unbearable. This time around improper did not let me down.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,257

Post#434 » by LLJ » Mon Apr 8, 2019 4:18 pm

Ruzious wrote:
improper wrote:
LLJ wrote:

If the "botch" happened in any of the other matches, it would still be the Rousey match that all the non-wrestling venues would have highlighted.

You are right. Ronda IS the only reason it main evented, but I will say that I suspect they overestimated Ronda's starpower in 2019. MMA fans aren't necessarily watching the WWE, and fans of Ronda in the UFC may not necessarily be interested in her "fake fighting"--the WWE's tanking ratings over the past 6 months is an indicator of the fact that this Road to Wrestlemania has not been particularly hot. I've a feeling they realized, somewhere in February or so, that this match might not draw as well as they hoped, but they had already committed to it as a main event so they threw everything and everyone at it to try to sell it.

Was it a success? Who can say? I am only going by TV ratings and media buzz.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#435 » by improper » Mon Apr 8, 2019 4:42 pm

daoneandonly wrote:No it comes more form almost every post u have to chime in on Gargano's greatness and trash everyone else. When gargano goes to the main roster, he wont have these classics or be that big a name, that's not his fault, its an unfortunate Vinny mac side effect, but Gargano not being called up is the only reason he's had so many great matches, because those kind of matches exist in NXT like 5 times to 1 over the main roster, again because of booking.

You know, it's funny you say I have to chime in with every post about Gargano's greatness when the post you quoted that started this back and forth wasn't even about his greatness. It was a comment about booking and how the end of 'Mania sucked, whereas NXT had the perfect type of feel good, satisfying victory that Lynch should have gotten last night.

I also haven't been trashing most of these guys, just explaining why Gargano is better, which is hard to do without leveling criticism. The guys you listed are a lot of my favorite wrestlers.

Let's go over it:

Rollins - Thought he was one of the best in the company before his knee injury, but I'm hard pressed to come up with a great match he's had since returning.

Bryan - He's working his way back into my top five in WWE/NXT, but I need to see one or two more great matches from him.

Zayn - Look, I love Zayn. He and Owens are the reason I started watching wrestling again. But the dude hasn't wrestled in six months and the last great match he had was against Owens at Battleground...three years ago.

Owens - Owens used to be my favorite wrestlers, but he fell out of my top five. I see him like I see Styles at this point...if he's on the card you can probably expect a good but not great match. Which is a shame, because when he first debuted he was incredible. Think he lost his passion.

Styles - He's a 3.5 star match machine now. Which is fine, but I'm not gonna crown this guy best in the world for matches he wrestled two years ago or in Japan before that. He was the best in the world when he signed with WWE. He's not any more. If you include NXT, there are at least ten guys I'd rather watch wrestle today.

Kofi - Love Kofi, but he's been a tag team wrestler for most of the last three to four years, if not longer. Need to see more from him before I rank him above Gargano.

Ciampa - He'd be my choice for best heel in the company and second best overall worker the past year. Second to...Gargano.

Ricochet - Ricochet is amazing. Top five favorite wrestler right now. But he doesn't have a large enough body or WWE work to be ranked over Gargano. If we include his LU work, maybe.

Riddle - Riddle is awesome, and no doubt he'll be one of NXT's best in 2019, but he's been with WWE for a cup of coffee and has one great match to his name this far in NXT. I want to see him versus Gargano at some point.

Cole - Cole is great, but he's only had three great singles matches in NXT and the best one was with...Gargano.

I could go on.

Look, all the guys I just listed are good wrestlers. Several are either my favorites or were at some point. But none of them have been as good as Gargano the past year. Only Ciampa has really been close.

Yes, Gargano is in NXT, but it's not as if everyone in NXT is putting on classic matches damn near every Takeover. If you go back and look at every Takeover Gargano has been a part of, I'd wager Gargano was in the best match at almost all of them. Being in NXT may ensure consistent quality, but it doesn't ensure consistent greatness. We've seen plenty of great wrestlers in NXT, but none who have been a threat to put on a MOTY contender at every single Takeover. Maybe Ciampa, but he's sadly out indefinitely with a neck injury.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#436 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 8, 2019 4:48 pm

improper wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:No it comes more form almost every post u have to chime in on Gargano's greatness and trash everyone else. When gargano goes to the main roster, he wont have these classics or be that big a name, that's not his fault, its an unfortunate Vinny mac side effect, but Gargano not being called up is the only reason he's had so many great matches, because those kind of matches exist in NXT like 5 times to 1 over the main roster, again because of booking.

You know, it's funny you say I have to chime in with every post about Gargano's greatness when the post you quoted that started this back and forth wasn't even about his greatness. It was a comment about booking and how the end of 'Mania sucked, whereas NXT had the perfect type of feel good, satisfying victory that Lynch should have gotten last night.

I also haven't been trashing most of these guys, just explaining why Gargano is better, which is hard to do without leveling criticism. The guys you listed are a lot of my favorite wrestlers.

Let's go over it:

Rollins - Thought he was one of the best in the company before his knee injury, but I'm hard pressed to come up with a great match he's had since returning.

Bryan - He's working his way back into my top five in WWE/NXT, but I need to see one or two more great matches from him.

Zayn - Look, I love Zayn. He and Owens are the reason I started watching wrestling again. But the dude hasn't wrestled in six months and the last great match he had was against Owens at Battleground...three years ago.

Owens - Owens used to be my favorite wrestlers, but he fell out of my top five. I see him like I see Styles at this point...if he's on the card you can probably expect a good but not great match. Which is a shame, because when he first debuted he was incredible. Think he lost his passion.

Styles - He's a 3.5 star match machine now. Which is fine, but I'm not gonna crown this guy best in the world for matches he wrestled two years ago or in Japan before that. He was the best in the world when he signed with WWE. He's not any more. If you include NXT, there are at least ten guys I'd rather watch wrestle today.

Kofi - Love Kofi, but he's been a tag team wrestler for most of the last three to four years, if not longer. Need to see more from him before I rank him above Gargano.

Ciampa - He'd be my choice for best heel in the company and second best overall worker the past year. Second to...Gargano.

Ricochet - Ricochet is amazing. Top five favorite wrestler right now. But he doesn't have a large enough body or WWE work to be ranked over Gargano. If we include his LU work, maybe.

Riddle - Riddle is awesome, and no doubt he'll be one of NXT's best in 2019, but he's been with WWE for a cup of coffee and has one great match to his name this far in NXT. I want to see him versus Gargano at some point.

Cole - Cole is great, but he's only had three great singles matches in NXT and the best one was with...Gargano.

I could go on.

Look, all the guys I just listed are good wrestlers. Several are either my favorites or were at some point. But none of them have been as good as Gargano the past year. Only Ciampa has really been close.

Yes, Gargano is in NXT, but it's not as if everyone in NXT is putting on classic matches damn near every Takeover. If you go back and look at every Takeover Gargano has been a part of, I'd wager Gargano was in the best match at almost all of them. Being in NXT may ensure consistent quality, but it doesn't ensure consistent greatness. We've seen plenty of great wrestlers in NXT, but none who have been a threat to put on a MOTY contender at every single Takeover. Maybe Ciampa, but he's sadly out indefinitely with a neck injury.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

But so many posts before you go on and on about him, he's good, but he's not going to eclipse any of the guys listed above when he moves to the main roster.

Lets call it what it is, in addition to his skills in the ring (his mic skills are just average), a big part of his climb is simply his wife is an attractive female wrestler. Before she came to NXT he had a great match with Almas and did little else.

If all those guys were in NXT for this long, they too would have so many MOTY candidates, but they got called up quicker because they're simply better. hell AJ didnt even have to go to NXT
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#437 » by improper » Mon Apr 8, 2019 4:53 pm

Johnny's wife doesn't even come with him to the ring lol. It's not like she's his valet.

And we've been raving about him because, yet again, he walked out of a Takeover weekend with the best match of the weekend. Are we not supposed to talk about it or compare it to the main roster product?

But the idea that Johnny is getting pushed because of his wife is, honestly, the worst take I've ever heard. His wife is barely even on TV.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#438 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 8, 2019 5:07 pm

Like I said, lets see how many MOTY candidates and 5 star performances he has when he's called up. I mean eventually the guy will have to be called up. Though they pulled the trigger pretty fast on KO, Zayn, etc in comparison, and again Styles didnt even have to go there.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,113

Post#439 » by Stanford » Mon Apr 8, 2019 5:09 pm

daoneandonly wrote:a big part of his climb is simply his wife is an attractive female wrestler.

Big time yikes
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#440 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 8, 2019 5:12 pm

Stanford wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:a big part of his climb is simply his wife is an attractive female wrestler.

Big time yikes

improper wrote:Johnny's wife doesn't even come with him to the ring lol. It's not like she's his valet.

And we've been raving about him because, yet again, he walked out of a Takeover weekend with the best match of the weekend. Are we not supposed to talk about it or compare it to the main roster product?

But the idea that Johnny is getting pushed because of his wife is, honestly, the worst take I've ever heard. His wife is barely even on TV.

What did he do before she came when Ciampa was out the first time? Or is it instead Ciampa, & not Candace, that makes Gargano what he is?

Return to Pro Wrestling