Post#641 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:42 pm

Lance Archer is now a member of AEW!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: All Elite Wrestling - Discussion 

Post#642 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:19 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:Lance Archer is now a member of AEW!

Could he be the Exalted One? https://www.cagesideseats.com/2020/2/24/21151114/aew-dark-order-exalted-one-tease-lance-archer

Or - could Brandi Rhodes shock the world as the EO?

It should be Harper, but maybe not. Maybe Harper's role will be to fight against Archer. Honestly, I haven't been a fan of the Dark Order storyline, but now it's starting to intrigue me.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#643 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:24 pm

I still believe, M. Hardy will be the EO.
His contract expires on March 1st and after that he can sign with AEW. Maybe he "brings" a fellow WWE employee: Brodie Lee (Luke Harper).
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,145

Post#644 » by WRau1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:00 am

Pac v Omega tonight was the best match AEW has ever done, fantastic.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,988

Post#645 » by Dubious Handles » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:02 am

Tuned in just in time for them commercials
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#646 » by AirCanadaMouse » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:10 am

Solid episode, but there were some weird booking decisions here and there, wasn't in the tier of the other shows recently, but you can't produce "This is the best dynamite ever" type of episodes every week. But it got the job done because I'm even more excited for this Saturday.

Full thoughts:

- I was expecting the iron man match to be the main event, but for timing purposes, I'm really glad they opened the show with this classic. People have been wanting New Japan Kenny Omega, well he's had classic matches against the Lucha Bros and now this, while continuing to play a major role in one of the best storylines in AEW, all while putting over talent along the way too. Yet people want MORE and MORE from him, a world title run will happen in the future, but it's not the time for it right now.

- The shooting star press was picture perfect, and onto a table too... that was the spot of the night. This match needed to be on the "overbooked" side of things due to the nature of Pac's character and recent vignettes, he's getting nastier and this was probably the final match in this feud (at least for now), it needed some hardcore spots. Both wrestlers looked strong.

- Glad they found some way to get Pac on the PPV card, it's a bizarre match-up that comes out of no where, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by it.

- I don't know if Jurassic Express winning was the right call, Sammy is the only one in this match who is featured on the PPV, yet he ate the pin (second week in a row), and I don't like that at all. It just seems set in stone that he will lose to Darby, this feud kinda feels like it's falling under the radar too, which is a shame.

- Best Friends vs. Butcher and Blade, why do I feel like I've seen this match several times already? I don't know how I feel about Butcher and Blade, I'm not one to say they're buried, but I don't buy them as an intimidating force anymore. Trent has a great look, there's potential for a singles run in there. The promo at the end was fun, so I get why B&B take the loss to set that up, but could've done with a surprise pinfall of some sort.

- Wish they had a #1 contenders for the women's title, Statlander was given the title shot a bit randomly considering Swole was in also in the segment with Nyla last week, thought it would be a triple threat at Revolution, but this match was surprisingly a lot of fun. I love Yuka, the Joshi's are a step ahead of the rest of the females, Shida seems really due for a title shot. Good match for the rankings, no complaints to my surprise.

- The weigh-in was so **** cool. I love MMA, so this was a lot of fun for me, topped off by seeing the gracie train from the Inner Circle, that was such a mark out moment for me. They gave this legit big fight feel, but that's why I wish they did a LEGIT weigh in. Moxley at "234" is some WWE crap with absurd billed weights. I really thought AEW would be pulling away from that tbh. I was disappointed in that aspect, but the rest was brilliant. Jericho definitely got busted open the hard way, made it even better.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#647 » by Spens1 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:46 am

daoneandonly wrote:Yea I think harper would be a great leader for the Dark order. he already has that cult like mentality.

A guy like Tama Tonga would make a lot of sense as well, he has history with the Elite and Frankie Kazarian
Tama Tonga needs to be the mouthpiece for a bullet club-elite feud (no official announcement of a partnership either) just have bullet club jump the elite.

Sent from my CPH1877 using RealGM mobile app
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#648 » by Scott Hall » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:08 am

I can't believe they brought back Michael Gary Capetta haven't heard him in years sounded different though.
Loved the Boxing/MMA style weigh in something different and creative over the stereotypical contract signing.
Omega vs. Pac was great. The KC crowd like most AEW crowds was lit really adds to the show having a hot crowd.

It's funny that the company is called "All Elite" yet there is nothing "Elite" about the Butcher and the Blade, Best Friends,
The Dark Order, SCU, the entire Womens division and a few other acts. Whatever happened to Tye Dillenger aka Shawn Spears,
Joey Janela and Awesome Kong??
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,130

Post#649 » by daoneandonly » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:47 pm

Evil Uno said that Christopher Daniels will become obsolete, another nice touch by AEW. A Red herring or proof that the Dark order is about to get broken?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,054

Post#650 » by Stanford » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:29 pm

Scott Hall wrote:It's funny that the company is called "All Elite" yet there is nothing "Elite" about the Butcher and the Blade, Best Friends,

And hey, what's the deal with Dustin Rhodes? You call that a babyface? Nothing baby about that face! The guy looks ancient!

How about this Orange Cassidy guy, folks? Is he a bad wrestler, or what? He should be called Green Cassidy!

By the way, Marko Stunt, ladies and gentlemen? The only stunt I can see is AEW trying to pass this joker off as a wrestler!

Yes, they are very funny observations, I know. Thank you.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#651 » by Scott Hall » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:42 pm

Stanford wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:It's funny that the company is called "All Elite" yet there is nothing "Elite" about the Butcher and the Blade, Best Friends,

And hey, what's the deal with Dustin Rhodes? You call that a babyface? Nothing baby about that face! The guy looks ancient!

How about this Orange Cassidy guy, folks? Is he a bad wrestler, or what? He should be called Green Cassidy!

By the way, Marko Stunt, ladies and gentlemen? The only stunt I can see is AEW trying to pass this joker off as a wrestler!

Yes, they are very funny observations, I know. Thank you.

Dustin Rhodes is absolutely amazing for his age the guy moves and seems like he's just as quick as he was in his
20's and 30's. The guy has wrestled thousands of matches and doesn't look like he's lost a step.

You can add Stunt and Cassidy in that category of Butcher and the Blade, Best Friends, SCU, Dark Order etc but at least
Cassidy is over I might not find him funny but others do so props to him for being over.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#652 » by Stanford » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:46 pm

I see we have a heckler in the house tonight. Hey, is that your wife or did you buy a ticket for your mastiff? Kibble half off at concessions, folks! Oh!
AirCanadaMouse
Starter

All Elite Wrestling - Discussion 

Post#653 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:12 am

I’m so excited for tomorrow , feel like a kid again. I was just getting into AEW before the last PPV, so I wasn’t as hyped as I am right now.

I get some people don’t like certain wrestlers on the roster, but they’re all new to me, so this has been a lot of fun. I didn’t know who Kenny omega or the young bucks were before all of this, and I didn’t even watch Moxley in WWE. Why I’m feeling like a kid, when growing up everyone in the attitude era was just super over for me, guys like Gangrel, Scotty 2 Hotty, Stevie Richards, lol.. the whole roster had appeal from top to bottom, and it’s how I feel now. I think the only person that hasn’t clicked with me is Marko Stunt, but even then he’s over.

I’m even going to buy the PPV, which I can easily stream/watch it after on certain sites, but I really want to support them after this build. The episodes of dynamite were PPV worthy itself...it says a lot that they get my money tbh.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#654 » by Stanford » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:49 am

AirCanadaMouse wrote:I’m so excited for tomorrow , feel like a kid again. I was just getting into AEW before the last PPV, so I wasn’t as hyped as I am right now.

I get some people don’t like certain wrestlers on the roster, but they’re all new to me, so this has been a lot of fun. I didn’t know who Kenny omega or the young bucks were before all of this, and I didn’t even watch Moxley in WWE. Why I’m feeling like a kid, when growing up everyone in the attitude era was just super over for me, guys like Gangrel, Scotty 2 Hotty, Stevie Richards, lol.. the whole roster had appeal from top to bottom, and it’s how I feel now. I think the only person that hasn’t clicked with me is Marko Stunt, but even then he’s over.

I’m even going to buy the PPV, which I can easily stream/watch it after on certain sites, but I really want to support them after this build. The episodes of dynamite were PPV worthy itself...it says a lot that they get my money tbh.

Hell yeah, man. They've earned a buy for sure. This week's show was amazing.
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man

Post#655 » by Dubious Handles » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:25 am

AirCanadaMouse wrote:I’m so excited for tomorrow , feel like a kid again. I was just getting into AEW before the last PPV, so I wasn’t as hyped as I am right now.

Your weekly summaries and excitement actually motivates me to watch AEW more. I try to catch as many dynamites as possible, but sometimes I don't get the chance. I did however get back into it the last 3 weeks, and it has been amazing tbh. I feel like they found their sweetspot, but I also hope they have a future plan as well.

This Omega-Page storyline has to end at some point (tomorrow?) and they can't milk it a lot as it would get stale. I'm assuming Jericho cheats his way to retain the title tomorrow, so that feud will go on for a bit longer. MJF has to beat Cody also, right? I feel like if the babyfaces win tomorrow, they would have to move on to different feuds, and there the lack of main event talent in AEW will show itself. Hope I'm wrong though. Also, the Lucha brothers aren't on the card as for as i know, it would be awesome if they get a major push soon, they have very quickly become my favorite workers in the company.
Ps. Can someone explain to me how this ppv thing works? I'm not American, so im not familiar with how to order. Do the prices differ from one place to the other or is it fixed at 50$? I happen to be in the states over the weekend and plan on watching the ppv live for the first time in my life ! :D
AirCanadaMouse
Starter

Post#656 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:30 pm

The Boshstrich wrote:

Your weekly summaries and excitement actually motivates me to watch AEW more. I try to catch as many dynamites as possible, but sometimes I don't get the chance. I did however get back into it the last 3 weeks, and it has been amazing tbh. I feel like they found their sweetspot, but I also hope they have a future plan as well.

This Omega-Page storyline has to end at some point (tomorrow?) and they can't milk it a lot as it would get stale. I'm assuming Jericho cheats his way to retain the title tomorrow, so that feud will go on for a bit longer. MJF has to beat Cody also, right? I feel like if the babyfaces win tomorrow, they would have to move on to different feuds, and there the lack of main event talent in AEW will show itself. Hope I'm wrong though. Also, the Lucha brothers aren't on the card as for as i know, it would be awesome if they get a major push soon, they have very quickly become my favorite workers in the company.
Ps. Can someone explain to me how this ppv thing works? I'm not American, so im not familiar with how to order. Do the prices differ from one place to the other or is it fixed at 50$? I happen to be in the states over the weekend and plan on watching the ppv live for the first time in my life ! :D

Wow that's so kind of you, it means a lot tbh. I really like the small group of consistent posters we have here, it's a lot of fun posting here in a nice little tight knit group. AEW fans in general have made the product a lot more fun in general for me...

Honestly I have no idea how Revolution is going to go, I don't think the Omega/Page storyline is going to end anytime soon, there's still a lot more story to be told. I'm thinking Young Bucks go full heel, I'm not sure? I'm really excited about all the possibilities though.

Same goes for MJF/Cody, I read an idea about having AEW's First DQ being done in this match and I actually really like that idea, I think it protects everyone while continuing the feud. They can keep going with the low-blow's as well, but if they want a finish I would have to agree MJF would need it more unless they want to already end this feud?

I would like Jericho to retain as well, he makes for a great champion. He puts everyone over, makes everyone he's in a segment with look good, and I'm enjoying Moxley's chase, think it's a better fit for him at this time.

As for the PPV itself...the PPV prices differ from the area you're in, it's $50.00 USD on Bleacher Report Live but Fite TV is selling it for way less, $19.99 USD. I'm Canadian, so I just ordered from the Fite TV, and it ended up just costing me $27.59 CAD! More than half the price of Bleacher Report Live, and you get to watch the PPV all you want afterwards too!

I'd really suggest ordering it from Fite just so you can save the money. Not sure what the difference is aside from that...

Cheers! Hope to you hear from you guys after the event with your full thoughts too! Enjoy the rest of your day mates
Thank you Clutch0z24
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#657 » by JohnPferdelack » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:43 pm

are there any surprises tonight? brodie lee, matt hardy etc?
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man

Post#658 » by Dubious Handles » Sun Mar 1, 2020 1:26 am

Great physical openening match, I thought Hager - Rhodes would be the weakest match on the card, but it was entertaining through and through
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man

Post#659 » by Dubious Handles » Sun Mar 1, 2020 1:42 am

lol Sammy HAS to turn face soon, his moveset is not heel material at all. Tough to root against him after the moves he pull off
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#660 » by Stanford » Sun Mar 1, 2020 3:36 am

Orange Cassidy vs anyone is Rock vs Hogan.

Amazing. He's the goat

Return to Pro Wrestling