WWE Network Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Re: WWE Network Thread 

Post#661 » by skbucks1985 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:53 pm

I think this is a multi-episode series and episodes 2-whatever will premiere after Raw but the series premiere will be tonight after HIAC
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#662 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:34 pm

Baron Corbin seems like such a dick
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#663 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:43 pm

*double post*
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#664 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:50 pm

safi wrote:Baron Corbin seems like such a dick

Yep. I was surprised at how he even acted like a dick to Matt Bloom, the head **** trainer at NXT. With the attitude he has I can't see him having a long career, unless he were to have a moment of clarity and change his attitude pretty substantially. It's one thing to be a dick like that after you've paid your dues (HBK) but to act like that right out of the gate is pretty surprising.

Not sure if it was old footage or not but Patrick from Tough Enough was in one of the shots they showed of the guys training at the Performance Center.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#665 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:56 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
safi wrote:Baron Corbin seems like such a dick

Yep. I was surprised at how he even acted like a dick to Matt Bloom, the head **** trainer at NXT. With the attitude he has I can't see him having a long career, unless he were to have a moment of clarity and change his attitude pretty substantially. It's one thing to be a dick like that after you've paid your dues (HBK) but to act like that right out of the gate is pretty surprising.

Not sure if it was old footage or not but Patrick from Tough Enough was in one of the shots they showed of the guys training at the Performance Center.

This show is supposed to be more tethered to reality than Tough Enough or Total Divas, but you still don't know how much they're playing it up for the cameras, especially since the stuff he was saying is very much in-line with the character he's playing. But what's odd is the story with him being growing frustration with not being on the main roster. And I look at him and think I'd be a little surprised if he's on the main roster before 2017. That tag match he had on the live event the other 3 are all far more polished and main roster ready than he is, granted Breeze now is. But it seems like in terms of readiness, there's a lot of guys ahead of him.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#666 » by studcrackers » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:50 pm

anyone have a hard time getting past the girl nooph? i hope that's not her in ring name
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#667 » by studcrackers » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:47 am

wish they showed another episode tonight, or at least show us if devin and the others get cut or just her
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#668 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:47 am

Just watched the 2nd and 3rd episodes. When I'd heard months ago that they signed ZZ I'll admit I was confused, it just didn't make any sense to me why they'd do that. Now I get it.

It was weird seeing Asuka sitting next to Sara Lee at that orientation. And I say this as someone that is higher on Sara Lee than pretty much anybody.

Seeing Sarita may have been the highlight of those two episodes.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#669 » by skbucks1985 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:42 pm

I just caught up on table for three, I watched the WCW one, the one with the second-generation women, the european one and the NXT one.

Vader being on the WCW one didn't make any sense to me. Why Vader instead of Booker T, Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Dean Malenko, Billy Kidman, William Regal, Fit Finlay and Chris Jericho. Maybe he's a better option than some of those latter few because he was a top guy unlike them. But Booker, Arn, Flair, Luger, Hall and Nash and most of those guys are on your payroll. Luger and Hall are the two that I think aren't signed to at least a legends deal. Literally, the best explanation I could come up with was it was going to be one of those guys but they had to cancel last second and Vader lived 5 minutes away.

I don't know when the women's one was recorded but I'm slightly surprised they put it on. I assume it was recorded before Snuka was charged because they certainly didn't shy away from talking about him. This one was funny because in most of them one or two people kinda dominate the conversation and I think if you had a transcript of this episode Nattie would have probably accounted for 80% of what was said.

With the european one I got the feeling that each of them was kinda reserved. I feel like if you got a few drinks in those guys this one would've been a riot.

The NXT one was funny because Joe was so clearly a third-wheel. Bo and Neville know each other well obviously but Joe seems to know Neville nominally and probably doesn't know Bo really at all.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#670 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:48 pm

I thought they picked Vader because he and Sting had a pretty decent run against each other back in Sting's early days. They could have used Flair but that would just be repetitive of about 20 other things they've done with Flair in the past.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#671 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Flair in that spot with access to booze would've been gold.
Do it for Chuck
TaxiDriver
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#672 » by TaxiDriver » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Breaking Ground may be the best series they have made for the Network.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#673 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:22 pm

TaxiDriver wrote:Breaking Ground may be the best series they have made for the Network.

It's definitely right there at the top with Table for 3.
TaxiDriver
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#674 » by TaxiDriver » Sun Jan 3, 2016 3:39 pm

Yeah Table for three was brilliant when it was three good guests.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#675 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:34 pm

I can't freaking wait for this Cruiserweight tournament show that they have planned. It's supposed to premiere July 13th, which just happens to be the day before my birthday. Nice little gift to me from WWE. Hey Vince, thanks pal!
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#676 » by Prince12 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:17 am

Last few weeks been watching the raw replays from when the invasion first began in 2001. What an era that was. Going to watch that invasion ppv now which I've seen many times but then carry on watching the raw episodes and relive that past. Favourite part easily for me about the network is watching the old wwe when it was entertaining from start to finish week in week out.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#677 » by whysoserious » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:52 pm

Been watching some of the Beyond the Ring on the network about Sting.

I really can't believe how much bull Sting had to put up with in WCW once Hogan showed up, all the crap Hogan pulled time and time again and even thinking back on him finally showing up to WWE at Mania and again putting up with crap to undermine him. There is still absolutely no reason that the NWO came out to help Sting and that Sting should have lost that match.

I should add that although we all know Sting didn't trust Vince with his character and what he'd do with him, it still amazes me that he didn't jump ship with all the BS going on in WCW from the moment Hogan arrived and through the NWO shenanigans. I respect Sting for his loyalty but I think he could have been an even bigger star had he gone after the debacle of Starrcade 97 and when Vince bought WCW.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#678 » by improper » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:11 pm

whysoserious wrote:Been watching some of the Beyond the Ring on the network about Sting.

I really can't believe how much bull Sting had to put up with in WCW once Hogan showed up, all the crap Hogan pulled time and time again and even thinking back on him finally showing up to WWE at Mania and again putting up with crap to undermine him. There is still absolutely no reason that the NWO came out to help Sting and that Sting should have lost that match.

I should add that although we all know Sting didn't trust Vince with his character and what he'd do with him, it still amazes me that he didn't jump ship with all the BS going on in WCW from the moment Hogan arrived and through the NWO shenanigans. I respect Sting for his loyalty but I think he could have been an even bigger star had he gone after the debacle of Starrcade 97 and when Vince bought WCW.

The nWo came out because that match was painted as WCW Vs. WWE, with Sting representing WCW and Triple H representing the E. They used the nWo over other wrestlers because they knew that Hogan, Nash, and Hall would get the biggest pop when the classic nWo music hit. Plus, it made additional sense that one of the WWE's all-time great factions (DX) would go up against WCW's all-time great faction in the nWo. Sure, if you dig too deeply into it it was more than a little ridiculous since Hulk and Sting were never really friends in WCW, but for the purposes of the match I think it was fine.

I agree about Triple H winning, but you know that, after making the rivalry all about the WWE Vs. WCW, Vince never would have let Sting go over. It was one last FU to WCW and to Sting for holding out so long.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#679 » by whysoserious » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:26 pm

improper wrote:The nWo came out because that match was painted as WCW Vs. WWE, with Sting representing WCW and Triple H representing the E. They used the nWo over other wrestlers because they knew that Hogan, Nash, and Hall would get the biggest pop when the classic nWo music hit. Plus, it made additional sense that one of the WWE's all-time great factions (DX) would go up against WCW's all-time great faction in the nWo. Sure, if you dig too deeply into it it was more than a little ridiculous since Hulk and Sting were never really friends in WCW, but for the purposes of the match I think it was fine.

I agree about Triple H winning, but you know that, after making the rivalry all about the WWE Vs. WCW, Vince never would have let Sting go over. It was one last FU to WCW and to Sting for holding out so long.

I understand how it can be explained away under the WWE vs. WCW though the Four Horsemen together in WWE would have likely gotten just as big of a pop and made more sense representing WCW in that feud. The NWO made no sense defending WCW since they they basically wanted to 'take them down'. I get that it can be explained away or even that Vince would never let Sting win that match, but his only ever WM match should not have been a loss, it's ridiculous.

To me the bigger takeaway (and I've always been a Sting fan) is what a class act overall he is. That he was loyal to WCW even though they treated him like crap the second Hogan showed up, that he always 'did business' even with guys like Hogan and just went about his ways. I'm sure he's done stuff like politic, everyone has and no one is perfect but out of Hogan and Sting, I'd build around Sting and I think Vince could have made Sting just as big of a star as Hogan was if given the opportunity and had he found him before WCW did.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#680 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:16 pm

First 7 names for the GCS (Global Cruiserweight Series) announced.

Zack Sabre Jr.
Rich Swann
Tomasso Chiampa
Johnny Gargano
Noam Dar
Ho Ho Lun
Akira Tozawa

"Triple H stated that there are no plans for a cruiserweight title as of now, for NXT or the main roster. He's hopeful the GCS can become an annual event, but that depends on how its received. For this inaugural edition, it's a standalone concept without specific ties to NXT or WWE proper."

Return to Pro Wrestling