WWE Network Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Re: WWE Network Thread 

Post#681 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:30 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:First 7 names for the GCS (Global Cruiserweight Series) announced.

Zack Sabre Jr.
Rich Swann
Tomasso Chiampa
Johnny Gargano
Noam Dar
Ho Ho Lun
Akira Tozawa

"Triple H stated that there are no plans for a cruiserweight title as of now, for NXT or the main roster. He's hopeful the GCS can become an annual event, but that depends on how its received. For this inaugural edition, it's a standalone concept without specific ties to NXT or WWE proper."

That first one is the one that caught my eye. I've thought for a while that this series would be a showcase for Swann and/or La Sombra (I don't know what name he's going under in WWE) so seeing Swann further affirms that belief.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#682 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Guys, next time you for up the network go check out WCW HOG WILD 96 (this is one of the ppv's WCW lost their asses on because they didn't sell tickets to it) and just look at what Dusty Rhodes and Tony Schiavone are wearing. Please do this and report back. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#683 » by skbucks1985 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:26 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:Guys, next time you for up the network go check out WCW HOG WILD 96 (this is one of the ppv's WCW lost their asses on because they didn't sell tickets to it) and just look at what Dusty Rhodes and Tony Schiavone are wearing. Please do this and report back. I promise you won't be disappointed.

That was fantastic. Dusty looked like a stripper at a cowboy-themed strip club and Schiavone looked like a business man trying to woo a motorcycle company.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#684 » by Dunthreevy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:53 pm

safi wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:Guys, next time you for up the network go check out WCW HOG WILD 96 (this is one of the ppv's WCW lost their asses on because they didn't sell tickets to it) and just look at what Dusty Rhodes and Tony Schiavone are wearing. Please do this and report back. I promise you won't be disappointed.

That was fantastic. Dusty looked like a stripper at a cowboy-themed strip club and Schiavone looked like a business man trying to woo a motorcycle company.

:lol:

Glad someone actually watched. I didn't want to have that image all to myself around here. It was honestly startling when I first saw it.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#685 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:10 pm

watching RAW from February 28, 1993. The announce team is Macho Man, Vince and an Elvis impersonator. Let that sink in.

Opening match is WWF World Heavyweight Champion Bret Hart vs. Fatu of The Wild Samoans. I've noticed this before but was just reminded of it. I don't think I've ever seen another wrestler hit the corner turnbuckle harder than Bret Hart. When he got whipped into the corner, he absolutely hit that **** as hard as he possibly could.

Fatu is getting in a TON of offense. Wish we could get matches like this still today where a mid-card (or even slightly lower on the card) guy could get in offense against the marquee guys instead of just getting squashed and having their legs chopped off for any possible run away from that match.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#686 » by iMoreland » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:28 pm

WWE Network is no longer allowing shared accounts.

Just had to break 3 of my friends hearts.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#687 » by Polk377 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:38 pm

iMoreland wrote:WWE Network is no longer allowing shared accounts.

What a bunch of free loaders. If you are a grown man you should be able to pay $9.99 a month. :P
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#688 » by iMoreland » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:59 pm

Polk377 wrote:
iMoreland wrote:WWE Network is no longer allowing shared accounts.

What a bunch of free loaders. If you are a grown man you should be able to pay $9.99 a month. :P

Lol, to be fair I do use 1 of their netflix account
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer
And1: 199

Post#689 » by edfmx86 » Sun May 1, 2016 7:12 am

my expectations for camp wwe are pretty high right now. I'm really hoping its good.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#690 » by studcrackers » Mon May 2, 2016 6:11 pm

I'd temper those expectations. I had extremely low expectations watching it and watched it with some pals last night as a gag.

There was 3 or 4 times I legit laughed but I doubt I'll stick with it
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#691 » by Dunthreevy » Mon May 2, 2016 7:49 pm

studcrackers wrote:I'd temper those expectations. I had extremely low expectations watching it and watched it with some pals last night as a gag.

There was 3 or 4 times I legit laughed but I doubt I'll stick with it

I got a few laughs out of it, which is a few more than I expected. Not going to be scheduled viewing for me but it might be something I watch if I'm bored on my lunch break or something.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#692 » by Polk377 » Mon May 2, 2016 8:35 pm

If you want the WWE to have edgier content you should watch Camp WWE. This is the first thing they have geared towards adults in years. The more viewership this show gets the more willing they will be to give more stuff.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#693 » by Dunthreevy » Mon May 2, 2016 9:40 pm

Polk377 wrote:If you want the WWE to have edgier content you should watch Camp WWE. This is the first thing they have geared towards adults in years. The more viewership this show gets the more willing they will be to give more stuff.

That's a pretty good point.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#694 » by Prince12 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:48 am

I think I've posted it a few times but I'm still currently working my way through the invasion era. Been watching every raw and then the pp.'s, up to no mercy now. A lot of people feel they probably didn't capitalise on the opportunity as much as they could have but damn, its still light years ahead of anything i expect to see from wwe in the future.

Just watched the ladder match between edge and christian for the IC title, entertaining stuff.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#695 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Jun 3, 2016 5:19 pm

Just saw an in-ring segment on the network, from probably like 84 or 85. They were in MSG and it was Piper interviewing Bruno Sammartino in the ring and Piper being the dick heel he was back then was gold. The thing that surprised me was that Bruno was actually pretty good on the mic. For some reason I always just assumed he wasn't good at the "entertainment" side of things because he's so well known for his actually grappling acumen.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#696 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Jun 3, 2016 5:36 pm

Also, I highly advise watching the old episodes of Prime Time Wrestling in the Vault section on the Network. The in-studio stuff with Heenan and Gorilla still holds up. They were so damn good.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#697 » by Max Green » Sat Jun 4, 2016 7:15 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:watching RAW from February 28, 1993. The announce team is Macho Man, Vince and an Elvis impersonator. Let that sink in.

Opening match is WWF World Heavyweight Champion Bret Hart vs. Fatu of The Wild Samoans. I've noticed this before but was just reminded of it. I don't think I've ever seen another wrestler hit the corner turnbuckle harder than Bret Hart. When he got whipped into the corner, he absolutely hit that **** as hard as he possibly could.

Fatu is getting in a TON of offense. Wish we could get matches like this still today where a mid-card (or even slightly lower on the card) guy could get in offense against the marquee guys instead of just getting squashed and having their legs chopped off for any possible run away from that match.

The Elvis impersonator was Rob Bartlett. He was **** terrible, he didn't give a **** about wrestling. I actually watched this a few months ago. I remember thinking it was a pretty good match. Rikishi was a lot slimmer back then, he drilled Bret with a viscous super kick. I remember Macho and Vince going crazy over it.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#698 » by iMoreland » Tue Jun 7, 2016 4:56 pm

Swerved is awesome lol
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#699 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Jun 7, 2016 6:35 pm

iMoreland wrote:Swerved is awesome lol

Was just watching the new episodes on my lunch break. The first 2 were pretty good. The prank with the Performance Center was fantastic. Adam Pearce looked like he was about to go ape **** on the camera guy.
Kyle_Connor
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#700 » by Kyle_Connor » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:24 am

Dunthreevy wrote:Also, I highly advise watching the old episodes of Prime Time Wrestling in the Vault section on the Network. The in-studio stuff with Heenan and Gorilla still holds up. They were so damn good.

I swear. WWE has gotten **** post 2012. It startrd losing out in 2010 but now it's worse.
I dont even feel like knowing the **** load of wrestlers coming in.
I mean, i'd still love to watch kurt angle, Undertaker, Kane, Rock, Stone cold, HHH, Booker T, Cena, Lesnar, Show. They were the real deal. Worth the fanfare.

I miss the Pro Wrestling I watched in the 90's as a small kid.
http://123helpme.com/view.asp?id=82378
I was just watching old videos on YouTube and reading down the memory lane. Trust me. They are a still a lot better.

Return to Pro Wrestling