Meanwhile, on the main roster...

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: NXT Thread II 

Post#1682 » by Spens1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:11 am

I just saw the spoilers and are they actually taking the piss

Spoiler:
Why the hell are they putting Alestair Black in this, bugger him off from this match, i'm sorry i want him nowhere near this match, make it purely Ciampa and Gargano and have it be a three stages of hell for the title. This takes the heat right out of the feud with the third party. The best feud anywhere in WWE by far.

Also they've really made LaRae look pretty weak, i mean i thought she'd be one of the top woman, just cause she used to hang with men but anyway. Then again i doubt they'd ever have done Ciampa vs LaRae but that would have been a fun side feud.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1683 » by improper » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:40 am

Spens1 wrote:I just saw the spoilers and are they actually taking the piss

Spoiler:
Why the hell are they putting Alestair Black in this, bugger him off from this match, i'm sorry i want him nowhere near this match, make it purely Ciampa and Gargano and have it be a three stages of hell for the title. This takes the heat right out of the feud with the third party. The best feud anywhere in WWE by far.

Also they've really made LaRae look pretty weak, i mean i thought she'd be one of the top woman, just cause she used to hang with men but anyway. Then again i doubt they'd ever have done Ciampa vs LaRae but that would have been a fun side feud.

Spoiler:
Because it's obvious that this isn't the final match between these two. Ciampa has successfully broken Johnny, and Ciampa is absolutely walking out of Takeover with that belt. Johnny actually got some boos at TV tapings. He still has to complete his redemption arc before he can win the belt, and I'm guessing that won't be until 'Mania weekend. They'll give Ciampa a couple of title defenses first and slow-build to the final singles match between the two, which I have to imagine will be a Hell in a Cell.

My guess is that Johnny will have a feud with Black after this while Ciampa moves on to someone else for the Survivor Series Takeover. It'll mean a hell of a lot more if Ciampa holds the belt for half a year before Johnny finally takes it from him.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#1684 » by Stanford » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:26 pm

Spens1 wrote:Also they've really made LaRae look pretty weak, i mean i thought she'd be one of the top woman

For what it's worth, the triple threat match featured a dueling chant throughout: Let's Go Kairi /Nikki Cross. It's clear who the NXT crowd is more invested in, which makes sense given their roles over the past year.

I don't think Candice looks weak at all. Zelina ran scared whenever she made an appearance in the Almas Gargano feud. And she made it to this triple threat match by beating Lacey Evans, who they have otherwise depicted as quite the bad-ass.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1685 » by Spens1 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:16 am

Stanford wrote:
Spens1 wrote:Also they've really made LaRae look pretty weak, i mean i thought she'd be one of the top woman

For what it's worth, the triple threat match featured a dueling chant throughout: Let's Go Kairi /Nikki Cross. It's clear who the NXT crowd is more invested in, which makes sense given their roles over the past year.

I don't think Candice looks weak at all. Zelina ran scared whenever she made an appearance in the Almas Gargano feud. And she made it to this triple threat match by beating Lacey Evans, who they have otherwise depicted as quite the bad-ass.

Candice LaRae came into WWE as probably the biggest badass in womans wrestling (hell, wrestling in general)
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1686 » by Stanford » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:19 am

Spens1 wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Candice LaRae came into WWE as probably the biggest badass in womans wrestling (hell, wrestling in general)

Great :dontknow:
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1687 » by improper » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:18 am

She'll be fine. There are a handful of very talented women in NXT right now and she's just not first in line at the moment. Her time will come. She's probably got a damn good shot of being the one to eventually take down Baszler.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1688 » by Spens1 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Stanford wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Great :dontknow:

would be nice if they booked her as such though. If they're going to bring in these big names it would be nice if they actually didn't book them like crap.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1689 » by iMoreland » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:32 am

Spoiler:
It's being rumored that Matt Riddle has signed with WWE, hasn't been confirmed by Meltzer or anyone like that, but still all over the internet.

He's going to be a perfect fit in WWE, dude has star written all over him.

Edit: Per WON, WWE and NJPW both offered him similar contracts but he chose WWE. So it has been confirmed by Meltzer.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1690 » by Spens1 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:40 pm

iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:
It's being rumored that Matt Riddle has signed with WWE, hasn't been confirmed by Meltzer or anyone like that, but still all over the internet.

He's going to be a perfect fit in WWE, dude has star written all over him.

Spoiler:
Keep him in NXT please, also that means that WWE is chill with weed. Anyway they dare not fast track him to the main roster, he's too good to waste, after Omega and Cobb he is the guy who stands out as a guy who could go to main eventer. If he comes in he'll be NXT Champ. Shame he didn't get a good New Japan run but i guess they're not risking it after the Sydal arrest. Anyway, easily the most impressive main eventer they've signed since Kevin Owens in my opinion, HHH needs to do his upmost to protect him from Vince.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1691 » by Spens1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:18 am

Spoiler:
Ok yep, Riddle was offered full time deals by WWE and New Japan and he took the WWE contract. I understand that, man loves his weed after all and he'd go to jail in Japan. A shame that we won't get to see Chosen Bro's or a good US or IC Title run in New Japan from him but in NXT he will do very well I am sure (I mean i could see Cole vs Riddle down the line for the NXT title at some point).
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#1692 » by Mich3006 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:51 am

iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:
Tommaso Ciampa defeated Aleister Black (c) for the NXT Championship at the tapings tonight

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1693 » by Scott Hall » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:14 pm

Hot crowd for NXT last night... Orlando isn't really known historically for having hot crowds
but it's a whole different vibe for NXT.

Black vs. Ciampa match of the year candidate?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1694 » by Stanford » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:23 pm

Ciampa is the king of screwy finishes. He can make anything work.

He's also the best wrestler on the planet at the moment. Yeah, that's right.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1695 » by iMoreland » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Didn't really like the part of the match where Gargano was trying to hit Ciampa with the title, but accidentally hit Aleister. It wasn't a botch, but it wasn't clean either. Looked bad.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1696 » by iMoreland » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:25 am

Lol, wrestling is weird. A whole crowd going crazy for a guy sitting down.

Read on Twitter
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1697 » by Stanford » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:15 pm

iMoreland wrote:Lol, wrestling is weird. A whole crowd going crazy for a guy sitting down.

Read on Twitter

I've watched this four times and still have so many questions.

Who is this guy?
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1698 » by iMoreland » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Stanford wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Lol, wrestling is weird. A whole crowd going crazy for a guy sitting down.

Read on Twitter

I've watched this four times and still have so many questions.

Who is this guy?

Brennan Williams, former NFL player, went my Marcellus Black on the indies.

I think he's got big time potential.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1699 » by Stanford » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:22 pm

Damn, he signed two years ago. Sometimes I forget how many wrestlers there are at the PC, and how long some of them have been there.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1700 » by improper » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:57 pm

Stanford wrote:Damn, he signed two years ago. Sometimes I forget how many wrestlers there are at the PC, and how long some of them have been there.

Lot of these guys sign with little to no indie experience, so I'd imagine it takes them a lot longer to work their way toward TV time than it does guys like Ricochet or Adam Cole who come in ready to have big roles on the weekly show.

Return to Pro Wrestling