Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: NXT Thread II 

Post#1801 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:49 pm

LLJ wrote:
Stanford wrote:I think you guys are nuts

What do you disagree with? Ronda was clearly thrown off by the boos the other week and it affected her train of thought during her promo. That means it bothers her. Not to mention she was visibly upset also at Survivor Series when the crowd cheered her getting her ass kicked by Charlotte.

Now, could Ronda just be a really good actor? Maybe. But given her entire tenure so far, can we really say she's THAT good most of the time?

Whether or not she's been thrown off by the crowd reaction, her non-wrestling performances have been phenominal. The suggestions before that she needs to change an be more like Bazzler don't make any sense considering how well she's been doing with so little experience. She couldn't have been doing any better than what she's been doing. And people insisting her performances - in and out of the ring - haven't been up to snuff really need to explain why they feel that way, imo.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,212

Post#1802 » by LLJ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Ruzious wrote:
LLJ wrote:
Stanford wrote:I think you guys are nuts

What do you disagree with? Ronda was clearly thrown off by the boos the other week and it affected her train of thought during her promo. That means it bothers her. Not to mention she was visibly upset also at Survivor Series when the crowd cheered her getting her ass kicked by Charlotte.

Now, could Ronda just be a really good actor? Maybe. But given her entire tenure so far, can we really say she's THAT good most of the time?

Whether or not she's been thrown off by the crowd reaction, her non-wrestling performances have been phenominal. The suggestions before that she needs to change an be more like Bazzler don't make any sense considering how well she's been doing with so little experience. She couldn't have been doing any better than what she's been doing. And people insisting her performances - in and out of the ring - haven't been up to snuff really need to explain why they feel that way, imo.
ink

I don't think the initial posts criticizing Ronda were about her in-ring stuff. I think they compared her to Shayna because Shayna's character work and crowd control is further along and that Ronda could learn a thing or two from that.

That's it. It's just that some people here took it as if people were saying Ronda wasn't any good in the ring, etc,.

Put it this way. Ronda's ring work is fine. People talking about ways how she can improve her character, etc, and using an NXT example is not necessarily saying that Ronda "should" be in developmental.

I think people talking about Ronda's issues in here have been pretty explicit, to be honest. It's the people responding negatively to these posts who haven't really explained why they have a problem with the criticism. It's been basically "Wow, these are stupid takes."

Which explains nothing as to why it is.

Even you. You're saying right here "She's doing really well, with little to no experience. She couldn't do any better." But why do you think that? What are the examples? You haven't explained your position beyond "Well she has little experience anyway."

Personally, I don't have as big a problem with Ronda as some people in here do. I am reasonably happy she's RAW champion--better her than Alexa and Nia, in my opinion. I can't think of anyone on RAW who I'd want as champion over her currently. Maybe Sasha? But if not Sasha, I am fine with Ronda. I think she has elevated the division to be more athletic based than talking/diva-based--which is what I personally prefer. But could she still improve in some ways in terms of character and handling/working the crowd better? Yes, I think so.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1803 » by improper » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Yeah, my point about her watching Baszler was related entirely to character work, not ring work.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1804 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:58 pm

LLJ wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
LLJ wrote:

ink

I don't think the initial posts criticizing Ronda were about her in-ring stuff. I think they compared her to Shayna because Shayna's character work and crowd control is further along and that Ronda could learn a thing or two from that.

That's it. It's just that some people here took it as if people were saying Ronda wasn't any good in the ring, etc,.

Put it this way. Ronda's ring work is fine. People talking about ways how she can improve her character, etc, and using an NXT example is not necessarily saying that Ronda "should" be in developmental.

I think people talking about Ronda's issues in here have been pretty explicit, to be honest. It's the people responding negatively to these posts who haven't really explained why they have a problem with the criticism. It's been basically "Wow, these are stupid takes."

Which explains nothing as to why it is.

Even you. You're saying right here "She's doing really well, with little to no experience. She couldn't do any better." But why do you think that? What are the examples? You haven't explained your position beyond "Well she has little experience anyway."

Personally, I don't have as big a problem with Ronda as some people in here do. I am reasonably happy she's RAW champion--better her than Alexa and Nia, in my opinion. I can't think of anyone on RAW who I'd want as champion over her currently. Maybe Sasha? But if not Sasha, I am fine with Ronda. I think she has elevated the division to be more athletic based than talking/diva-based--which is what I personally prefer. But could she still improve in some ways in terms of character and handling/working the crowd better? Yes, I think so.

No, you guys really haven't been any more explicit about it other than to say she should be more like Shayna - at least from what I've seen here. .
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1805 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:00 pm

improper wrote:Yeah, my point about her watching Baszler was related entirely to character work, not ring work.

Fwiw, I didn't say anything about in-ring work either.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#1806 » by bestnamezRtaken » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:19 pm

I'd much prefer the title to be on Bayley, Sasha, or Ember Moon TBH. Ronda needs work still.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#1807 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:37 pm

Who's due for a push if Baszler or Sane leave to the main roster?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,848

Post#1808 » by Stanford » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:42 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:Are Toni Storm or lo Shirai expected to be in NXT this year? If Baszler or Sane leave to the main roster, I'm not sure who else is ready.

Io has been tagging with Kairi on NXT for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw them brought up together to shore up the tag division on a temporary basis.

I haven't read anything about Toni Storm moving to NXT any time soon. I imagine they'll have her leading the UK brand for a while and then bring her up directly from there. You bring up an interesting point though; will we see NXT UK used as AA to NXT's AAA? It will be interesting to see the progress of the UK prospects.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#1809 » by iMoreland » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:49 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:Who's due for a push if Baszler or Sane leave to the main roster?

Belair or LeRae I'd guess
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1810 » by Stanford » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:06 am

iMoreland wrote:
Celtsfan1980 wrote:Who's due for a push if Baszler or Sane leave to the main roster?

Heard on a podcast today that Candace is main roster bound. After mania maybe?

I bet Dakota Kai was due for a big push prior to her injury. Belair is a good bet. Kacy Catanzaro probably gets the "not right now, but look out" push. Mia Yim?
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1811 » by WRau1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:20 am

Stanford wrote:
iMoreland wrote:

Heard on a podcast today that Candace is main roster bound. After mania maybe?

I bet Dakota Kai was due for a big push prior to her injury. Belair is a good bet. Kacy Catanzaro probably gets the "not right now, but look out" push. Mia Yim?

Yeah, I heard that about Candace as well, which is why she's been at Smackdown house shows.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1812 » by Spens1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:51 am

Shirai surely.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1813 » by improper » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:53 am

Spens1 wrote:

Shirai surely.

As it should be. She's probably one of the top ten overall workers in the entire company, and NXT actually values work rate.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1814 » by iMoreland » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Hopefully with Ciampa/Gargano getting called up means they've scrapped their NXT storyline. That storyline has been going on for 2 years and it's obvious the plan is for Gargano to eventually beat Ciampa for the title. Does anyone even want to see that anymore? They should've done that a year ago. They're advertising a big announcement for tonight's NXT, maybe stripping them both of their titles? It's time for The Undisputed Era to hold all the gold. Adam Cole vs Matt Riddle can headline the next takeover.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1815 » by Stanford » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:39 pm

Nothing means more to Ciampa than title. He would rather die than give it up.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#1816 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:29 pm

I read that Al/Garg/Ric/Tom are going to be competing on all three brands for the time being, to properly build up all 4 wrestlers and put them over huge.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1817 » by improper » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:52 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:I read that Al/Garg/Ric/Tom are going to be competing on all three brands for the time being, to properly build up all 4 wrestlers and put them over huge.

I hope that's true, because those are the four biggest male stars they've got right now since they've ran everyone else that was remotely viable through the wood chipper the past four years.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1818 » by iMoreland » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:21 am

Get rid of the red North American title and make it purple just for Dream's run with it
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1819 » by Spens1 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:02 am

Spoiler:
On the latest NXT takeover tapings, we've had Gargano lose the NA title, teams up with Ciampa in the dusty classic and lost in the semis, Ciampa was planning on betraying him, then we had Gargano reverse it and hold up the NXT title.

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1820 » by iMoreland » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:18 pm

Dominik Dijakovic is really f***ing good. Give me Dominik Dijakovic vs Keith Lee at takeover.

Return to Pro Wrestling