NXT Thread II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: NXT Thread II 

Post#1921 » by Spens1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:38 am

iMoreland wrote:Angel Garza has star potential. Kushida is pretty damn lame, one of the most bleh "big" signings in recent memory.

The issue with him is they just brought him in and aren't doing much with him, in fact it feels like an extension of his last year or so in New Japan. great wrestler but he's kinda just there and doesn't do a lot. They haven't given him anything to make him stand out and are just trying to let him get by on wrestling alone (which never works). The Kushida signing by WWE almost felt like a signing for the sake of a signing, i thought they may do something with him perhaps that New Japan weren't/refused to do, but so far he's the same old Kushida he has been for years.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#1922 » by Scott Hall » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Nice to see NXT has signed Samuel Shaw liked him back in his days in TNA I don't know why
they give him a special entrance only for him to lose to some random fat guy in his debut though.

My main problem with NXT right now is their roster has gotten way to big and you don't see
the main stars frequently. Sometimes you only see the key players once a month or once every
3 weeks and it makes it hard to remember who's feuding with who and what's going on. It doesn't
help that guys like Tyler Breeze and Apollo Crews have been sent down there flooding the roster
even more.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#1923 » by iMoreland » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:05 pm

https://v.redd.it/hvzhwjx4k8b31

This guy is going to be pushed to the moon
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#1924 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm

We should expect some NXT departures if Smackdown moves to 3 hours, correct? The loser of Cole vs. Gargano would be an obvious choice. Riddle would become the number 1 contender, but what if Riddle goes to Smackdown too? Would they bring in Walter from NXT UK?
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#1925 » by Celtsfan1980 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:54 pm

The lack of feuds is really hurting the TV show this year. Mediocre Smackdown is clearly better for the year from what I've seen. If Raw was an hour I'm not sure if NXT's show for the year would be any better than Raw.

I'd say Impact Wrestling has been the best show of the year, and Slammiversary was very good. I'd say Impact Wrestling and New Japan have been better. If All Elite Wrestling's show is at least mediocre I'd clearly give it the advantage. NXT doesn't look too great going against stronger competition this year.

The wrestlers wrestle a lot of the same wrestlers repeatedly. In the age of the long supercards I'd love to see NXT go that route too. For instance, NXT and NXT UK have a lot of potential together.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1926 » by iMoreland » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:50 pm

Spoiler:
WON: NXT is moving to the USA network starting on 10/2
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#1927 » by Dominator83 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:26 am

iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:
WON: NXT is moving to the USA network starting on 10/2

So in other words, they're ruining it
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1928 » by improper » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Yeah, it's really gonna suck if Vince starts taking control of NXT. That's the worst case scenario to me.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#1929 » by Dominator83 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:33 am

improper wrote:Yeah, it's really gonna suck if Vince starts taking control of NXT. That's the worst case scenario to me.

Yea plus they're talking about 2 hours? A big overlooked factor of what keeps NXT good and fresh, is they have a "less is more" mantra. and it works.

Like for example, the WWE faithful have been really starting to crap on Rollins lately. This is despite the fact that, he legit is the best worker in the company. I think its just more fan fatigue, between the short attention span/patience of the modern fans, combined with the fact that hes featured every week. Now if it was NXT style where you only see rollins in action once, maybe twice a month, then he would still be more appreciated imo. Once we start seeing guys like Cole wrestle every single week, fans are gonna get sick of him like they do every wrestler

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Post#1930 » by LLJ » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:12 pm

RIP NXT
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1931 » by Spens1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:54 am

Yeah i think its over for NXT.

It being on the USA officially means the old man will get his hands on it.

Remember when smackdown was good (when Ryan West and Road Dogg had almost entirely free creative license to do whatever they wanted, then vince gutted the roster and got directly involved).

Also they're clearly doing this cause of AEW which makes it even more petty, why not try to put on a good product for once rather than try to stifle competition, the only reason their is any competition recently is cause WWE absolutely sucks (besides NXT which they're probably about to ruin).

Best case, HHH puts his foot down and says no, this is my show and i will run it as is with two hour programing. If he does then their is a chance but even then, its not that good already (the tv at least) and hasn't really had good tv for a while. Its kind of the old ROH problem (when ROH was competent), it has amazing PPV's but TV is entirely missable. On USA they're almost certainly going to have to deliver more stuff for the tv audience.

Not to mention, nevermind the U.S market, they'll almost certainly fall behind in the UK (i mean ffs TNA got higher ratings than WWE and that was garbage, its always been WCW territory).
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#1932 » by Dominator83 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:33 pm

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1933 » by iMoreland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:47 pm

Is it still going to be at Full Sail?
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#1934 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:09 pm

Pretty brilliant of wwe to put nxt across from AEW. A huge majority of Aew’s hardcore fans are nxt fans as well. I am very skeptical that Aew’s in ring product will be better than NXT’s even with the watered down roster nxt currently has. Not to sound like the old guy but the biggest problem with AEW at this point is their lower to mid card offers next to nothing in the way of compelling talent and that goes mostly for look/personality. They have an abundance of not funny comedy acts and guys that look and perform like backyard wrestlers. The two hour format could be a bit troublesome.
Do it for Chuck
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#1935 » by Scott Hall » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:41 pm

It's pretty cool that little old NXT that started off as a complete joke in 2010 with those silly contests is
now profitable and getting 50-100 million from USA for broadcasting rights.

I've felt NXT has stagnated this year except for Takeovers and have also mailed it in creatively. Why are
they doing breakout tournaments with no name guys and old TNA rejects when they have so much talent
they barely use? Also seems like a lot of talent have become directionless like the main roster.

Now the bad news is that they're on USA and going head to head with AEW and Vince is all but surely gonna
get his paws on it and F it up... how long before Reigns and Becky show up for sporadic appearances for
ratings boots?
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1936 » by iMoreland » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:00 pm

I'd be willing to bet at some point in the next few months Goldberg vs Matt Riddle happens on NXT TV
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#1937 » by Stanford » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:33 pm

Main roster stars wrestling NXT talent has been my dream since the brand's inception.

Cena vs Dream please
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1938 » by improper » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:50 am

Stanford wrote:Main roster stars wrestling NXT talent has been my dream since the brand's inception.

Cena vs Dream please

Agreed, but usually when we get these so-called "dream match-ups" they turn into nightmares due to Vince.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#1939 » by Stanford » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:47 am

I feel like those disappointments usually happen at Mania.

Orton vs Gargano or Cena vs Dream or Lesnar vs Riddle would be amazing on any Takeover card.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#1940 » by Dominator83 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:46 pm

Stanford wrote:I feel like those disappointments usually happen at Mania.

Orton vs Gargano or Cena vs Dream or Lesnar vs Riddle would be amazing on any Takeover card.

Lesnar vs Riddle would be a great mania match

Return to Pro Wrestling