Backstage stories, fights, road stories, etc

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Backstage stories, fights, road stories, etc 

Post#1 » by Shemy » Mon Nov 2, 2015 8:08 am

Sorry if this topic has been done, but I love hearing this stuff, post some of your faves would love to hear some new ones

Some of my faves

HBK getting his ass kicked at a bar in Syracuse by a group of marines, while xpac and British bulldog kinda watched cause they were drunk as hell

Meng being the biggest badass of all time apparently, broke out of handcuffs, bit a dudes nose off and spat it out at him

Recent one I found out is that Renee Dupree had a convo with Vince McMahon where Vince told him "there isn't a drug I haven't tried sometimes you just gotta raise some hell"

Steve Blackman taking big show down while he was lying down

And of course the plan ride from hell, where Michael Hayes got knocked out his pony tail cut off and apparently nearly pissed on Linda McMahon cause he was so drunk
"They scared now"
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: Backstage stories, fights, road stories, etc 

Post#2 » by WRau1 » Mon Nov 2, 2015 2:26 pm

I liked Heyman's story about Sting driving with the Steiner brothers. Sting would drive while the Steiners would take turns hanging out the window while trying to open the car door and pull out wrestlers in other cars. While going 75mph. This eventually led to a Mad Max type road war between the Steiners and the Samoan Swat Team, being driven by Paul Heyman. The two cars ended up being totaled due to the two teams throwing various objects at each others cars. Sting and Heyman had the rental cars under their names and to this day are not allowed to rent from that particular company.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#3 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Nov 2, 2015 8:18 pm

A lot of people say HBK was actually beat up by one guy and the "group of marines" was fabricated to save some of his dignity.

GOAT

http://youtu.be/l03wbw66-yE
Do it for Chuck
Shemy
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Shemy » Mon Nov 2, 2015 11:11 pm

Yea I read that too, read that the other group of marines was their simply to make sure davey boy and xpac didn't try to intervene

Some other ones

Mick foley use to be a big partier and would bang a bunch of rats, one time he was banging one in a hotel room where teddy long was also in, and mick asked teddy to hold his hand for "support"

Dudley boyz (bubba Ray really) stiffed la resitance in a match, sylvian conforted bubba about it got punched, sylvian was "close" with pat Patterson dudleys get drafted to SD and then weeks later are off let go
"They scared now"
Shemy
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Shemy » Tue Nov 3, 2015 1:04 am

Some other ones I forgot

The prank the office people pulled on coachman when he was 26 and pretty much had officers arrest him put him in a cop car and drive off and then drive back to the arena, im sure you all heard that one something to deal with illegal gambling cause coach was told by one of the office people to form a football pool

i think one of the most hilarious ones is how Brian Pillman dropped a big fvkn turd in the toilet had two ppl guard it while he went to go tell everyone...reminds me of that South Park scene

Not really funny but apparently their was alot of heat on Muhammad Hassan, and he drew a lot of jealousy from the boys in the back due to the exposure he was getting...Helms stated that in one of his shoots that Hassan bought shots for everyone at the bar As to try and smooth things over they all raised their shot glasses and poured the drinks on the floor
"They scared now"
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#6 » by Dominator83 » Tue Nov 3, 2015 7:37 am

The most famous(or infamous rather) backstage fight was between Sid and Arn Anderson when Sid stabbed him with a pair of scissors. I remember back in 2000 on Nitro when Bischoff/Russo stripped everybody of their belt to start fresh. When Bischoff went to the stage to grab Sids belt, he said "dont grab the scissors", that was pure gold. Especially back then when there was alot less kayfabe being broken and only the hardcore fans understood that joke
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#7 » by SDM » Tue Nov 3, 2015 1:50 pm

Paul Orndorff whooping Vader while wearing shower shoes.

The infamous Kurt/Brock scrimmage... I don't think Brock's talked about, but Angle says it was basically a tie.

Joey Styles KO-ing Bradshaw at some bar in Michigan.

Bradshaw beating the piss out of Blue Meanie in the Rumble (what's the story behind this one?).

So many Haku stories... Ripping out Jimmy Jack Funk's eyeball for kicking dirt on a construction worker might be the strangest/most brutal.

The rumour involving Jim Cornette and bananas and video tapes.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#8 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 3, 2015 3:46 pm

SDM wrote:Paul Orndorff whooping Vader while wearing shower shoes.

The infamous Kurt/Brock scrimmage... I don't think Brock's talked about, but Angle says it was basically a tie.

Joey Styles KO-ing Bradshaw at some bar in Michigan.

Bradshaw beating the piss out of Blue Meanie in the Rumble (what's the story behind this one?).

So many Haku stories... Ripping out Jimmy Jack Funk's eyeball for kicking dirt on a construction worker might be the strangest/most brutal.

The rumour involving Jim Cornette and bananas and video tapes.

I'd like to hear about that. Speaking of Bradshaw, I recall hearing something about him publicly disrespecting Tully Blanchard a decade or so ago but never heard the details. If someone could expand on that, I'd appreciate it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Shemy
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Shemy » Wed Nov 4, 2015 6:21 am

JBL was being himself and bullying Styles until styles had enough and knocked him tf out

As for the JBL Blue Meanie story they had some beef apparently, and at ECW one night stand the first one when the wrestlers came in the ring to fight the ECW guys apparently blue meanie taunted JBL and JBL went at him and brutally kicked his ass, they had a match later where Stevie Richards interfered and apparently stiffed JBL with a huge chair shot I guess as a receipt
"They scared now"
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#10 » by Max Green » Wed Nov 4, 2015 6:22 am

SDM wrote:Bradshaw beating the piss out of Blue Meanie in the Rumble (what's the story behind this one?).

It was actually at the end of the ECW one night stand PPV. There was a big brawl at the end with the Raw/Smackdown guys vs. ECW guys, JBL went straight for Blue Meanie no-selling anybody who was throwing worked punches at him. Once he got to Meanie he pummeled the **** out of him, Meanie's face was busted up. He looked almost as bad as Joey Mercury when he got hit in the face with that ladder. Anyways, it started because Meanie was talking **** about JBL how he was an ****, bully etc... in a previous shoot. The WWE was afraid Meanie was gonna sue them over it so they hired him and the BWO briefly feuded with JBL and Stevie Richards was able to get a receipt on Smackdown when he destroyed JBL with a chair shot to the head. He **** crushed him with that chair shot, I believe he gave him a concussion from it if memory serves.

Also, I believe the Joey Styles Ko'd JBL on the plane ride either to or from Iraq. I know they were traveling for the Tribute to the Troops show.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Shemy
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Shemy » Wed Nov 4, 2015 6:22 am

Anyways theirs a Scott hall shoot interview out from the trailers it looks pretty good, he makes a reference to McMahon and ultimate warrior being gay for each other not sure if he was joking or not will have to watch the full video
"They scared now"
Shemy
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Shemy » Wed Nov 4, 2015 6:23 am

Max Green wrote:
SDM wrote:Bradshaw beating the piss out of Blue Meanie in the Rumble (what's the story behind this one?).

It was actually at the end of the ECW one night stand PPV. There was a big brawl at the end with the Raw/Smackdown guys vs. ECW guys, JBL went straight for Blue Meanie no-selling anybody who was throwing worked punches at him. Once he got to Meanie he pummeled the **** out of him, Meanie's face was busted up. He looked almost as bad as Joey Mercury when he got hit in the face with that ladder. Anyways, it started because Meanie was talking **** about JBL how he was an ****, bully etc... in a previous shoot. The WWE was afraid Meanie was gonna sue them over it so they hired him and the BWO briefly feuded with JBL and Stevie Richards was able to get a receipt on Smackdown when he destroyed JBL with a chair shot to the head. He **** crushed him with that chair shot, I believe he gave him a concussion from it if memory serves.

Also, I believe the Joey Styles Ko'd JBL on the plane ride either to or from Iraq. I know they were traveling for the Tribute to the Troops show.

Lol posted at the same time beat you by a second
"They scared now"
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#13 » by spykelee » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:24 am

A few stories about the nasty boys and ken shamrock getting into it I've heard. Think there was one in a hotel room or something where Sags allegedly beat the **** out of shamrock? I'm sure one of you guru's know this story better than I
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#14 » by SDM » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:51 pm

spykelee wrote:A few stories about the nasty boys and ken shamrock getting into it I've heard. Think there was one in a hotel room or something where Sags allegedly beat the **** out of shamrock? I'm sure one of you guru's know this story better than I

Knobbs was talking trash about Shamrock and possibly Shamrock's wife and barricaded himself in a hotel room to escape him. Shamrock claims that he broke the door down and Sags hit him from behind with an object while Knobbs pretended to be sleeping. Can't remember who, but wrestlers had to talk them out of throwing Shamrock off the balcony.
Shemy
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Shemy » Wed Dec 2, 2015 5:23 am

crazy story, apparently shamrock saw the both of them in an airport years later and punked them out apparently billy gunn can confirm the story too
"They scared now"
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#16 » by Dunthreevy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:05 pm

wwe.com published a pretty cool in-depth article about the last days of WCW, when Bischoff was trying to re-launch it right before Vince bought it.

http://www.wwe.com/article/big-bang-untold-story-wcw-pay-view-almost-happened
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Mar 3, 2016 5:31 pm

Couple stories here that are pretty interesting/cool. I've never read Bret's biography so these stories are new to me.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/bret-hart-12-excellent-facts-early-life-career/6/

Bret and Jim Neidhart once gave a drunken Vince McMahon the Hart Attack in a bar.

After a series of steroid and drug-related scandals, Vince McMahon introduced mandatory drug testing to the WWF in 1991. The unrestrained, drug-fueled ’80s were at an end, and everybody, including the boss, Vince McMahon, got together for one last blowout to mark the end of a self-destructive era. During the revelry, Vince got completely smashed and Hogan convinced him to take the Legion of Doom’s notoriously dangerous Doomsday Device in the middle of a bar. Vince took the move, but LOD were as gentle as possible, and half the locker room lined up to catch Vince.

Bret, also drunk off his ass, witnessed this nonsense and loudly proclaimed that the Hart Foundation would at least have the balls to give Vince their finisher for real. Before Bret could take it back, Vince was in Bret’s face daring him to do it, so Jim Neidhart hoisted Vince up and Bret hauled off and obliterated the boss with the Hart Attack (a running double-team clothesline), bouncing the chairman’s skull off the floor. A hush fell over the room as everybody half expected Vince to fire Bret on the spot, but instead Vince just popped to his feet and insisted Bret buy him a drink for taking the move. It’s hard to believe the Vince of the early ’90s and the man who recently wanted to fire a guy for touching his arm are the same person. You used to be fun, man.

He also roughed up Shane McMahon for grabbing his wife’s ass.

Vince wasn’t the only McMahon who Bret laid hands on around this time. Shane McMahon had started refereeing and doing various odd jobs for the company, and shortly before WrestleMania VIII, Shane, Bret and Bret’s wife Julie ended up at the same bar together. Bret introduced Julie to Shane, and the little brat went bright red, because, as it turns out, he’d just tried to play grab-ass with Julie not knowing she was Bret’s wife. Guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the McMahon tree.

It didn’t take long for Bret to discover the source of Shane’s sheepishness, and without thinking, he slammed the boss’ son up against the wall and threatened to rip his privileged head off. We don’t know if Shane shuffled around throwing baby jabs at Bret’s head in response, but I’m guessing he didn’t. He is still alive, after all.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#18 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Mar 9, 2016 4:47 am

Think this video fits this thread pretty well

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwYqgqAjn-Y[/youtube]
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:19 pm

Wasn't entirely sure where to put these links, so here we are.

If you've ever wondered about how the The Brawl For All was planned, orchestrated, and politicized check out these links. Some of this information may already be widely known but this is the first I've ever read anything about it.

Part I
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0404/609425/brawl-for-naught-the-backstage-story-on-wwe-infamous-brawl-for/

Part II
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0412/609673/brawl-for-naught-part-ii-the-backstage-story-on-wwe-infamous/
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#20 » by Polk377 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:Wasn't entirely sure where to put these links, so here we are.

If you've ever wondered about how the The Brawl For All was planned, orchestrated, and politicized check out these links. Some of this information may already be widely known but this is the first I've ever read anything about it.

Part I
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0404/609425/brawl-for-naught-the-backstage-story-on-wwe-infamous-brawl-for/

Part II
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0412/609673/brawl-for-naught-part-ii-the-backstage-story-on-wwe-infamous/

I've heard Vince Russo talk about this on his podcast. He said it all started because JBL was running his mouth backstage about how he can shoot beat anyone up in the locker room. God I hate JBL.....Looking back this was one of the worst angles the WWF has ever done. I think most of the guys in the tournament were fired and quit after this. I think Savio Vega was forced to retire after injuring his arm after this.

Return to Pro Wrestling