WWE General Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,862

Re: WWE General Discussion 

Post#1601 » by Stanford » Fri Jan 5, 2018 11:52 pm

-- The AJ Styles/Daniel Bryan and announcement of the handicap match also seems like it could be the beginning of a heel turn for Bryan. If WWE feels as if Bryan will be leaving the company later this year, it would probably increase the chance of them turning him heel.

-- Not only would it somewhat hurt his mainstream appeal and value, but WWE's goal - should Bryan leave - will be to try and minimize him taking any WWE fans to the indie scene or another promotion. The thinking is that if he leaves as a heel, less fans will be inclined to follow him wherever he chooses to go.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Subscription information & prices available at f4wonline.com

Turning Bryan heel would make him more popular. Especially if fans got the impression that he was being held down (again).
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1602 » by improper » Sat Jan 6, 2018 12:32 am

Stanford wrote:Turning Bryan heel would make him more popular. Especially if fans got the impression that he was being held down (again).

Turning Bryan heel would be the dumbest thing WWE has done in days.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1603 » by tugs » Sat Jan 6, 2018 12:56 am

OT but I just discovered the Golden Lovers! Man this team is gooooood
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1604 » by iMoreland » Sat Jan 6, 2018 4:32 am

Spoiler:
Per WON, Ricochet and War Machine have signed with WWE.

Ricochet will be fine if they send him to NXT first,
he'll be dead in a year they put him on 205 Live. War Machine would make for good new Wyatt Family members.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1605 » by Spens1 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 9:32 am

iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:
Per WON, Ricochet and War Machine have signed with WWE.

Ricochet will be fine if they send him to NXT first,
he'll be dead in a year they put him on 205 Live. War Machine would make for good new Wyatt Family members.

no surprise on either.

Spoiler:
War Machine were in a dead heavyweight tag team division in New Japan and did about as much as they could everywhere else, the timing is right.

As for Ricochet, long time coming, we've known he's had his eyes on the WWE and was probably setting up this move for the last year almost. Ever since he lost the Jr heavyweight title and had little involvement in New Japan, not to mention being written off on Lucha Underground, you could tell this was the end result.

I'm worried about Ricochet to be honest, he is fantastic in the ring and is a joy to watch but he has, if possible, negative mic ability. He has physical charisma. In saying that, he is the most logical choice to replace Neville as the top guy on 205, i wouldn't actually bother with sending him to NXT because again, what's the point, NXT has enough people there and Ricochet will get lost in the pack. Also potential for Titus Worldwide to be even bigger. I'd have Crews, Tozawa and Ricochet on Titus Worldwide.

War Machine going to NXT makes a world of sense. AOP will go up after mania i'd assume and Sanity can't be far behind so War Machine coming in as the big hoss team makes sense. They also need to improve their mic skills (or at least the diversity of them, their promos are VERY repetitive). I think they could be huge stars on the main roster however.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1606 » by Spens1 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 9:33 am

tugs wrote:OT but I just discovered the Golden Lovers! Man this team is gooooood

Omega and Ibushi are both madmen (especially Ibushi). Those days back in DDT really were something by both guys. I do hope New Japan pull the trigger on the big feud.
tugs
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: WWE General Discussion 

Post#1607 » by tugs » Sat Jan 6, 2018 3:41 pm

Spens1 wrote:
tugs wrote:OT but I just discovered the Golden Lovers! Man this team is gooooood

Omega and Ibushi are both madmen (especially Ibushi). Those days back in DDT really were something by both guys. I do hope New Japan pull the trigger on the big feud.
Well they teased something during WrestleKingdom. Hopefully it leads to something.

And this shows how good he is in story telling. And what if we see this girl in the Women's Rumble?

Spens1
RealGM

Post#1608 » by Spens1 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 1:19 pm

tugs wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

Well they teased something during WrestleKingdom. Hopefully it leads to something.

And this shows how good he is in story telling. And what if we see this girl in the Women's Rumble?

what so Cornette has a stroke.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1609 » by tugs » Mon Jan 8, 2018 2:45 pm

Just got curious on WWE competitions, specifically CWC and the Women's tournament. How did they decide that Perkins and Sane should win?
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1610 » by improper » Mon Jan 8, 2018 7:20 pm

tugs wrote:

Just got curious on WWE competitions, specifically CWC and the Women's tournament. How did they decide that Perkins and Sane should win?

I believe Triple H's NXT team books them. They went with Perkins because, unlike Ibushi and Sabre, he was signed to a WWE contract, and unlike Metalik, he could speak English. As for Sane, it seemed pretty obvious from the get-go that she'd be favored to win. She's one of the five best female wrestlers in the world and they'd just signed her to WWE.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#1611 » by LLJ » Mon Jan 8, 2018 7:33 pm

In NXT most of the time the most experienced and/or talented workers rise to the top. Some people can argue this or that about certain wrestlers and whether you like their style, but Kairi Sane is the most experienced woman currently on NXT who's able to work and call/carry a main-event style match. Shayna Baszler might have won if she had an official WWE contract at the time of the MYC, but she didn't. Kairi's still a more experienced pro-wrestler than Shayna, but it looks like Shayna will now get a speed up push with a contract in hand. That and because Shayna is 37. So you need to push her now if you want to get the most out of her before she gets too old.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1612 » by iMoreland » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Spoiler:
Per WON, the two matches headlining WrestleMania 34 are Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns for the Universal Title and John Cena vs The Undertaker.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1613 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:26 pm

iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:
Per WON, the two matches headlining WrestleMania 34 are Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns for the Universal Title and John Cena vs The Undertaker.

Yawn and LoL
Do it for Chuck
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1614 » by improper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:38 pm

They should have the Undertaker's gear in the ring at the start of the show and he should have to sheepishly walk out there to pick it up. So stupid that he's coming back after taking a damn hour to leave the ring last year.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#1615 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:39 pm

improper wrote:
tugs wrote:

I believe Triple H's NXT team books them. They went with Perkins because, unlike Ibushi and Sabre, he was signed to a WWE contract, and unlike Metalik, he could speak English. As for Sane, it seemed pretty obvious from the get-go that she'd be favored to win. She's one of the five best female wrestlers in the world and they'd just signed her to WWE.

With the Mae Young Classic, Sane and Baszler were really the only choices and I wouldn't be surprised if it was done because they were hoping to hot-shot Shayna onto the main roster to build her up for the 4 horsewomen match (plans that seem to have been scrapped) and Sane would spend time in NXT. Ibushi and Sabre were probably there top 2 choices. It also seems like they fell in love with Perkins' story of being homeless for a time. Because, even at the time, and its certainly still true today that Cedric Alexander was a better option than Perkins.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1616 » by tugs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:40 pm

improper wrote:They should have the Undertaker's gear in the ring at the start of the show and he should have to sheepishly walk out there to pick it up. So stupid that he's coming back after taking a damn hour to leave the ring last year.
Oh yeah completely forgot about that. Wow. Can't believe they've managed to ruin Taker's Mania legacy even more.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1617 » by tugs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:41 pm

safi wrote:
improper wrote:
tugs wrote:

With the Mae Young Classic, Sane and Baszler were really the only choices and I wouldn't be surprised if it was done because they were hoping to hot-shot Shayna onto the main roster to build her up for the 4 horsewomen match (plans that seem to have been scrapped) and Sane would spend time in NXT. Ibushi and Sabre were probably there top 2 choices. It also seems like they fell in love with Perkins' story of being homeless for a time. Because, even at the time, and its certainly still true today that Cedric Alexander was a better option than Perkins.
Thanks guys. So it was more or less pre determined, but was still subject to change anytime.

Just feels weird to be in a tournament set up. That's pro wrestling for you.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1618 » by improper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:44 pm

safi wrote:With the Mae Young Classic, Sane and Baszler were really the only choices and I wouldn't be surprised if it was done because they were hoping to hot-shot Shayna onto the main roster to build her up for the 4 horsewomen match (plans that seem to have been scrapped) and Sane would spend time in NXT. Ibushi and Sabre were probably there top 2 choices. It also seems like they fell in love with Perkins' story of being homeless for a time. Because, even at the time, and its certainly still true today that Cedric Alexander was a better option than Perkins.

I think the issue with Cedric is that they didn't know he was going to blow up the way he did until the match where he got eliminated. He also wasn't signed at the time, hence the "please sign Cedric" chants. If they could go back in time, they'd probably swap Perkins and Cedric in the brackets, but at the time I understand why they didn't have him penciled in as the winner.

tugs wrote:Oh yeah completely forgot about that. Wow. Can't believe they've managed to ruin Taker's Mania legacy even more.

Yeah, it's just really, really dumb to bring him back now, even if he comes back as Biker Taker instead of the Deadman to sort of explain that away.

I do get why he'd want to come back, though. I wouldn't want that Reigns/Taker match to be my last match either. That was probably second only to House of Horrors as the worst WWE PPV match of 2017, and it's not as if there isn't plenty of competition for that title.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1619 » by iMoreland » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:22 pm

Per PWInsider, Paige is done as an in ring performer. WWE doctors are not going to clear her again.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1620 » by improper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:30 pm

iMoreland wrote:Per PWInsider, Paige is done as an in ring performer. WWE doctors are not going to clear her again.

It's been so long since she's been of any relevance in WWE that it's hard to muster up any feeling other than apathy. It's kind of ironic that, as one of the pioneers of the modern WWE revolution, she missed out on most of it and, by the time she came back, it had passed her by.

It doesn't help that WWE has done such a terrible job with the women's division that I don't really give a crap about any of them, though.

Return to Pro Wrestling