WWE Raw Discussion I

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,669

Re: WWE Raw Discussion I 

Post#1401 » by Max Green » Mon Mar 6, 2017 7:27 pm

They better book Goldberg's segment wisely if they don't want him to get boo'd or drowned out by CM Punk chants. I wouldn't have him appear in front of the live crowd if I was in charge.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1402 » by improper » Mon Mar 6, 2017 7:44 pm

Max Green wrote:They better book Goldberg's segment wisely if they don't want him to get boo'd or drowned out by CM Punk chants. I wouldn't have him appear in front of the live crowd if I was in charge.

Honestly, I hope the crowd sh*ts all over him from now until 'Mania. I hope that the 'Mania match gets sh*t on every bit as much as their last 'Mania match. That's what Vince deserves.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,669

Post#1403 » by Max Green » Mon Mar 6, 2017 7:50 pm

improper wrote:
Max Green wrote:They better book Goldberg's segment wisely if they don't want him to get boo'd or drowned out by CM Punk chants. I wouldn't have him appear in front of the live crowd if I was in charge.

Honestly, I hope the crowd sh*ts all over him from now until 'Mania. I hope that the 'Mania match gets sh*t on every bit as much as their last 'Mania match. That's what Vince deserves.

I don't, Brock and Goldberg are just doing what they are told. Take it out on Steph and Vince, not the talent.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#1404 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Mar 6, 2017 8:08 pm

Max Green wrote:
improper wrote:

I don't, Brock and Goldberg are just doing what they are told. Take it out on Steph and Vince, not the talent.

How do you do that without taking it out on the talent?

That's the only way to be heard.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1405 » by iMoreland » Mon Mar 6, 2017 8:35 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
Max Green wrote:
improper wrote:

How do you do that without taking it out on the talent?

That's the only way to be heard.

Canceling your network account. But none of us (internet fans) are gonna do that and they know it.

So why would they cater to us? We're gonna buy their product regardless.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,880

Post#1406 » by Stanford » Mon Mar 6, 2017 8:44 pm

iMoreland wrote:So why would they cater to us? We're gonna buy their product regardless.

You make a good point.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1407 » by improper » Mon Mar 6, 2017 9:02 pm

Max Green wrote:
improper wrote:

How exactly do we send a message to Stephanie and Vince?

Stop watching Raw? The ratings have been on a steady downward spiral for fifteen years now, and yet nothing has changed creatively. In fact, it might actually be worse now than a decade ago.

Don't subscribe to the Network? Well, given that they're giving away Wrestlemania for free for the second year straight (and offered to give the entire Road free as well this year), I'd say subscriber numbers aren't what they'd like them to be. Yet nothing changes. We're on year three of the Roman Reigns face experiment despite him getting booed everywhere, after all.

I mean, what exactly can the fans do besides embarrass Vince by booing out his main events? That's the way you send a real message. That's the reason we got Daniel Bryan winning the championship three years ago. Fear of the fans crapping all over the main event. That's why we got Seth Rollins cashing in the briefcase two years ago. Fear of the fans crapping all over the main event. Vince stuck to his guns last year and what happened? The fans crapped all over the main event so badly that the WWE had to mute the crowd mics, which made it seem like no one cared about the main event (which is even worse than an undesired reaction).

I couldn't personally care less about the feelings of Lesnar and Goldberg. Goldberg is making a ton of money and is being handed everything despite deserving none of it. He hasn't even had to take a bump since returning and he's the damn world champ. He never learned to wrestle when he was in his prime, and clearly fifteen years off has not improved him. He's still a guy with two moves who can't work for sh*t. Lesnar, on the other hand, can wrestle very well, but has basically chosen not to. He's become the laziest person on the roster. He works a few dates a year, does a bunch of suplexes, and continues to get to go over far more deserving talents who actually punch the clock every week to earn money for the company.

So yeah, I hope the Orlando crowd absolutely annihilates the Lesnar/Goldberg match to the point where Vince never tries to force a title match between two part-timer crap workers again. There is no chance that match is going to be good. Goldberg literally can't go longer than a minute in the ring, and Lesnar's cardio is as bad as it has ever been. He breaks a sweat walking to the damn ring. Hell, I hope fear of what the crowd is going to do during that match forces Vince to change things up in some way.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1408 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Mar 6, 2017 10:30 pm

I almost always go to events that are at the Allstate. Tonight though? Nah. The last few RAW's that have been in Chicago have sucked, and after whatever the hell that was last night, I'd probably be better with lighting a $50 bill on fire than spending the money to go to RAW tonight.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#1409 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Mar 6, 2017 10:57 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:I almost always go to events that are at the Allstate. Tonight though? Nah. The last few RAW's that have been in Chicago have sucked, and after whatever the hell that was last night, I'd probably be better with lighting a $50 bill on fire than spending the money to go to RAW tonight.

I went to Raw at Allstate 3 years ago, almost to the day, and that was a show I would've done whatever I had to, to attend. And while it wasn't quite as good as I hoped I did see Paul Heyman cut one of the best promos I've ever seen and without a doubt the best promo I've seen live. And I'm actually somewhat excited about tonight's show, how will the crowd react to Goldberg, will Undertaker show up, what happens with Jericho and Owens. But none of that makes me want to pay the money and eat crappy nachos when I can just sit on my couch and eat less crappy nachos instead.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1410 » by improper » Mon Mar 6, 2017 11:15 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:I almost always go to events that are at the Allstate. Tonight though? Nah. The last few RAW's that have been in Chicago have sucked, and after whatever the hell that was last night, I'd probably be better with lighting a $50 bill on fire than spending the money to go to RAW tonight.

I'm just really interested to see if this is where the crowd finally turns on Goldberg. I felt like we started to see that last night, but I really want to see if they follow through on it tonight now that he's the champ despite not taking a single bump or doing any kind of selling whatsoever.
MistyMountain20
General Manager
And1: 7,166

Post#1411 » by MistyMountain20 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:16 am

This should be for the Universal championship. Such a waste.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#1412 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:18 am

MistyMountain20 wrote:This should be for the Universal championship. Such a waste.

So true.

That segment was better than anything we'll see from Goldberg/Brock
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1413 » by iMoreland » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:18 am

Good way to get Joe and Zayn on the WM card by making the US Title match a Fatal 4 Way
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1414 » by iMoreland » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:54 am

Now I got a reason to watch 205 Live
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#1415 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:07 am

I was about to say that was pretty close to a perfect first hour and then Enzo showed up on my screen
2009NBAChamps
Rookie
And1: 42

Post#1416 » by 2009NBAChamps » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:13 am

As much as I was hoping the crowd would **** on him more, that was a fairly well executed segment. Still ridiculous Goldberg is main eventing, but whatever.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#1417 » by studcrackers » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:54 am

just started raw. i hate when they just randomly throw together Zayn/Owens. they should always be kept separately unless feuding
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#1418 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:57 am

I'm behind I know but that was a brilliant promo by Owens to start the show.

The line about zayn was so well placed.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1419 » by iMoreland » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:06 am

Does Bayley know how to say a sentence without pausing at every word. Good grief
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1420 » by iMoreland » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:10 am

So glad they decided to not throw Nia in this

Return to Pro Wrestling