heyman comes out at the perfect time to save goldberg
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,880

Re: WWE Raw Discussion I 

Post#1422 » by Stanford » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:17 am

iMoreland wrote:Does Bayley know how to say a sentence without pausing at every word. Good grief

She was a decent promo in NXT. It hasn't translated
MistyMountain20
General Manager
And1: 7,166

Post#1423 » by MistyMountain20 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:27 am

Weird booking.
MistyMountain20
General Manager
And1: 7,166

Post#1424 » by MistyMountain20 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:30 am

studcrackers wrote:just started raw. i hate when they just randomly throw together Zayn/Owens. they should always be kept separately unless feuding

I think this is the second time they've faced each other since their match that was supposed to settle their feud and not have another match since then. No continuity.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#1425 » by studcrackers » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:37 am

Stanford wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Does Bayley know how to say a sentence without pausing at every word. Good grief

She was a decent promo in NXT. It hasn't translated

i can't say i ever fully bought into her like a lot of other people did. think she's mediocre at best
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#1426 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Mar 7, 2017 4:11 am

Give at least some effort in the storyline. The random stare at the guy then stare at the sign thing is meh.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1427 » by improper » Tue Mar 7, 2017 4:45 am

MistyMountain20 wrote:
studcrackers wrote:just started raw. i hate when they just randomly throw together Zayn/Owens. they should always be kept separately unless feuding

I think this is the second time they've faced each other since their match that was supposed to settle their feud and not have another match since then. No continuity.

I think it was the third time, actually.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1428 » by Spens1 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 7:17 am

That raw was much better than fastlane at least. still, not exactly a great raw other than the crowd just trolling (CM Punk chants somewhat appropriate too since this is what he talked about in the pipebomb).

Goldberg got murdered there, thankfully they sent for Heyman and he saved the segment somewhat, surprised Lesnar got on up on him so easily. I think that was water from Goldberg because if that was sweat, that is not good.

Big E also committed a serious crime in the ring.

Sasha heel turn incoming, also Bayley saying that now makes no sense since they were celebrating on raw talk the night before.

Greatest Man who ever Lived vs Neville at Mania, i'm down for that, should be a great match (though Aries should be doing so much more, i.e elevating the IC/US title and being a strong upper mid carder/borderline main eventer, they need mic workers).

They're just trolling now with Emma, this is ridiculous, they could use another formidable woman and what do they do, they troll instead. She seems like the perfect 4th woman for the RAW division that could be thrown in as an upper mid card of sorts. I'd argue that if she had been on smackdown Emma would have been on the same level as a Nikki Bella, Natalya or Naomi. Something that RAW doesn't have at all.

Triple H trolling :lol: solid jab at Punk there i must admit and a much better comeback than his wife provided (her doubling down and being that brazen, as opposed to HHH who handled it with subtly was the difference). Steph basically messed up that segment by doing that and didn't end up helping the segment at all. She's a hindrance to an already bad program which is pretty damn bad.

Enzo & Cass are getting a little bit annoying now. They need something fresh.

Roman being a prick, yeah no way they're making him the face in this. I think they know what they're doing to an extent with Roman since he came off downright heelish (though this could also be cause they were in Chicago and they didn't even try) in this and Taker got the pop of the night for that.

So overall, miles better than the PPV but still not a great show either. On a side note, Cole tonight was about as bad as Josh Matthews, i was hoping Lesnar would come out and F5 him out of his shoes again, he was just more painful that usual. Also him calling Byron (who was actually average, which is good by his standards) a nerd is incredibly rich :lol: If Graves had done it, yes it would have made a ton of sense, if JBL had done it at some stage, yes, but Cole, yeah i got nothing for that.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1429 » by tugs » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:50 pm

Yeah, still no reason why KO just dropped his hunt to regain his title.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#1430 » by whysoserious » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:03 pm

I know Punk is not coming back any time soon but they have such a built storyline in place if he were to return.

He could recruit countless guys to step up, make the wrestlers vs sports entertainment and the office. They could do it across the brands, you can have guys jumping to Smackdown or the other way.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,669

Post#1431 » by Max Green » Tue Mar 7, 2017 4:24 pm

I'm so sick of the CM Punk chants. He quit and isn't coming back, get over it.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,277

Post#1432 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 4:27 pm

Goldberg blown up by his entrance is hilarious. This is nearly as bad as Arquette getting the belt but perhaps worse as they are being serious whereas the Arquette run was treated as a joke. I also firmly believe that Goldberg has no idea who CM Punk is. :lol:

I don't know why they even have Stephanie or Trips appear in Chicago if they don't want CM Punk chants to override the show. As previously stated, Bayley/Sasha/Charlotte's segment was ruined simply with her inclusion. Not fair to them.

I don't know what has happened to Bayley since the call up, but she has regressed badly both as a character and as a wrestler. Sasha to a lesser extent, though once she's heel she'll be right up there with Charlotte as the best female in the company (until Asuka comes up and starts burying fools).

KO/Jericho is so much more compelling than anything else on that show. Damn shame they aren't the main event at Mania.

I don't like the New Day or Enzo/Cass. With the latter it might be best to bring Carmella over and have them go heel.

I was really happy that the crowd got behind Aries organically before he even got into with Neville. First cruiserweight to actually get a good baby face response. Bodes well for the division and him and Neville might (probably will) have the best match on the Mania card.

Poor Braun. They spent all that time building him up just to have him cowher and run away from a man in his fifties with a massive beer gut who can barely get around. Roman/Taker will be the designated piss break match at Mania.
Do it for Chuck
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#1433 » by TankCommander17 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 4:56 pm

iMoreland wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:
Max Green wrote:
I don't, Brock and Goldberg are just doing what they are told. Take it out on Steph and Vince, not the talent.

How do you do that without taking it out on the talent?

That's the only way to be heard.

Canceling your network account. But none of us (internet fans) are gonna do that and they know it.

So why would they cater to us? We're gonna buy their product regardless.

This ×1000. Because i as a casual fan honestly could care less about Jericho coming back for the 1000th time and wrestling. Was his list thing funny? Yeah. But he should be nowhere the main event at mania.

I am intrigued by Goldberg vs Brock and 100% behind them main eventing mania. None of the young full time wrestlers are over enough to get those spots. Other than maybe AJ but he is old.

Aj vs wyatt i would pay to see main event butwe wont get that.
Max Green
RealGM

Post#1434 » by Max Green » Tue Mar 7, 2017 5:01 pm

*The Cruisers were the best thing on the show. Neville had the best match 2 nights in a row. Swann's selling is fantastic. Aries has been great. I hope the cruisers get a good spot on the main card of Mania. He reminds me of Jesse Ventura when he was a commentator.

* It's time to write Stephanie off for awhile. She's not really adding anything to the show.

* It seem like Triple H was taking shots at CM Punk when he was going on about how the WWE has the best Doctors in the world and that you should follow their advice etc...

*The Goldberg segment was cringeworthy, Vince should've known they were going to **** on him with CM Punk chants. It become so bad that I had to ffw'd through it.

* It's time for Taker to retire.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1435 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Mar 7, 2017 5:04 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
iMoreland wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:
How do you do that without taking it out on the talent?

That's the only way to be heard.

Canceling your network account. But none of us (internet fans) are gonna do that and they know it.

So why would they cater to us? We're gonna buy their product regardless.

This ×1000. Because i as a casual fan honestly could care less about Jericho coming back for the 1000th time and wrestling. Was his list thing funny? Yeah. But he should be nowhere the main event at mania.

I am intrigued by Goldberg vs Brock and 100% behind them main eventing mania. None of the young full time wrestlers are over enough to get those spots. Other than maybe AJ but he is old.

Aj vs wyatt i would pay to see main event butwe wont get that.

Let me get this straight. Jericho, one of the best workers AND best talkers in recent memory isn't good enough to main event WM. But 50 year old Bill Goldberg, who legitimately is probably a worse wrestler than the majority of the posters on this board, is?

The "casual fan" should realize how moronic this whole Goldberg thing is. The guy can't even talk on the microphone without sounding like a total buffoon, and I legitimately had to wonder if he was hurt after taking an F-5 last night because that's the first bump that old Bill took in over a decade.

The "casual fan" should also realize how moronic the Undertaker thing is too. He's 55 years old, can barely walk, and yet somehow, Braun Strowman cowers in fear at the sight of Undertaker? Come on.

The first segment of the show last night with Jericho & Owens showed why that should be the RAW main event at WM, but thanks to the "casual fan," we get another Goldberg-Lesnar 2 minute fiasco. Thanks.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1436 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Mar 7, 2017 5:08 pm

Also, I'm good with heel Reigns ending Taker's career. Vince comes to his senses (lol) and realizes that Reigns isn't going to get over anytime soon. So what would really make everyone legitimately hate the guy? Even the smarks? Destroying old man Taker and putting him on the shelf permanently.

He'd be the biggest heel in recent memory and it would be so money. Make it happen.
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#1437 » by whysoserious » Tue Mar 7, 2017 5:40 pm

Max Green wrote:I'm so sick of the CM Punk chants. He quit and isn't coming back, get over it.

Well, you're never going to be able to put on a show in Chicago without them.

Either way, he's better than many at the top of the roster and things he complained about with the company are problems that still exist.
2009NBAChamps
Rookie
And1: 42

Post#1438 » by 2009NBAChamps » Tue Mar 7, 2017 5:53 pm

I actually don't mind the Reigns/Taker angle. I think it's a great idea actually to put him against Taker, even if the match itself will be lackluster. Only issue is how they did Strowman like that.

Neville/Aries is a very good momentum builder for that division and will be a great match.

Just thought I'd state some positives in light of all my negative comments lately for the product.
Max Green
RealGM

Post#1439 » by Max Green » Tue Mar 7, 2017 6:00 pm

whysoserious wrote:
Max Green wrote:I'm so sick of the CM Punk chants. He quit and isn't coming back, get over it.

Either way, he's better than many at the top of the roster and things he complained about with the company are problems that still exist.

Meh, I'd argue AJ, Rollins, Owens, Cena, Bray, Jericho, Joe, Zayn are all equal or better then him at this point. So what's the endgame with the Chants?? What are they supposed to accomplish?
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#1440 » by whysoserious » Tue Mar 7, 2017 6:06 pm

Max Green wrote:
whysoserious wrote:

Meh, I'd argue AJ, Rollins, Owens, Cena, Bray, Jericho, Joe, Zayn are all equal or better then him at this point. So what's the endgame with the Chants?? What are they supposed to accomplish?

It's Chicago supporting a hometown boy. Some of those guys you mention are better but we still see the issues like Goldberg getting the title heading in to WM. Or Owens getting the title but not really setting himself apart because of some horrible booking.

It's not like there's Punk chants everywhere still taking over shows but you're never going to stop them in Chicago and there's still huge money in his return IMO.

Return to Pro Wrestling