WWE SmackDown Discussion I

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion I 

Post#1981 » by improper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:42 pm

iMoreland wrote:I got tickets to next weeks SmackDown and I couldn't be less excited about going lol. This will be my first WWE event since Survivor Series 2009 when I was 13.

SmackDown has been pure crap since Survivor Series. All I'm hoping for is that AJ has a match so I can say I've seen him wrestle live. Seeing Nakamura and/or Roode's entrance would be cool too.

It's the night after Raw 25 so maybe something cool will happen I hope.

Yeah, I went to Raw last year and it was mostly awful. The one highlight was that it was the Raw where Sasha won the title from Charlotte in the falls count anywhere match and she won via the Banks Statement through the railing in the crowd. That was a very good match. Rest of the show was completely unmemorable. I literally cannot recall a single other thing from that show other than Jericho and Owens cutting a fun promo.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1982 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:21 am

After going to an NXT house show two years ago I knew it would be tough to go to an actual wwe event again. Turner Hall in Milwaukee, small venue, star studded roster (Finn, Bliss, Bayley, Sami, Revival and a surprise KO visit), and an absolutely hyped crowd. Reminded me of the old ecw shows. Wwe live is so dull by comparison in both excitement level and quality of work.
Do it for Chuck
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1983 » by improper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 am

jakecronus8 wrote:After going to an NXT house show two years ago I knew it would be tough to go to an actual wwe event again. Turner Hall in Milwaukee, small venue, star studded roster (Finn, Bliss, Bayley, Sami, Revival and a surprise KO visit), and an absolutely hyped crowd. Reminded me of the old ecw shows. Wwe live is so dull by comparison in both excitement level and quality of work.

I think I remember seeing a YouTube video of KO showing up at that show.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,737

Post#1984 » by DanoMac » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:24 am

jakecronus8 wrote:After going to an NXT house show two years ago I knew it would be tough to go to an actual wwe event again. Turner Hall in Milwaukee, small venue, star studded roster (Finn, Bliss, Bayley, Sami, Revival and a surprise KO visit), and an absolutely hyped crowd. Reminded me of the old ecw shows. Wwe live is so dull by comparison in both excitement level and quality of work.

Sat ringside at that show. Was easily the most fun I've ever had a wrestling event. KO appearing was nuts.

Return to Pro Wrestling