WWE SmackDown Discussion I

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion I 

Post#1801 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Sep 6, 2017 12:07 pm

Ruzious wrote:Shane O Mac's punches could hurt someone... who's very ticklish. He looks like he has all the punching power of Alexa Bliss.

I laughed out loud. This comment needs more ups, hahahaha.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1802 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 6, 2017 7:00 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Shane O Mac's punches could hurt someone... who's very ticklish. He looks like he has all the punching power of Alexa Bliss.

Those flying fists of fury give Pop O Mac air time next week - should be interesting, though I'd rather see Rick Flair.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#1803 » by Kembastockton » Wed Sep 6, 2017 7:21 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:

Ya'll trippin. Shane is a bigger guy than Daniel Bryan, Shawn Micheals, and AJ Styles.
Vandal Savage
Suspended
And1: 1,123

Post#1804 » by Vandal Savage » Wed Sep 6, 2017 7:34 pm

Is Shane/Owens going for Hell in a Cell? Is that a good idea, they would probably have to top the stunt from his last one, which I have no interest in.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1805 » by improper » Wed Sep 6, 2017 9:00 pm

Vandal Savage wrote:Is Shane/Owens going for Hell in a Cell? Is that a good idea, they would probably have to top the stunt from his last one, which I have no interest in.

It looks like they are going to use this angle to write Shane off of TV, perhaps indefinitely. So I think Hell in a Cell is the perfect PPV to do it. Owens can get a big win over Shane and get some real heat for destroying him. And despite what people say, beating Shane is a big deal in the WWE. Or rather, facing him at all is the big deal. It signifies that the company is behind you. You don't get a match with Shane unless they think you're someone worth pushing.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1806 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 10:01 pm

improper wrote:
Vandal Savage wrote:Is Shane/Owens going for Hell in a Cell? Is that a good idea, they would probably have to top the stunt from his last one, which I have no interest in.

It looks like they are going to use this angle to write Shane off of TV, perhaps indefinitely. So I think Hell in a Cell is the perfect PPV to do it. Owens can get a big win over Shane and get some real heat for destroying him. And despite what people say, beating Shane is a big deal in the WWE. Or rather, facing him at all is the big deal. It signifies that the company is behind you. You don't get a match with Shane unless they think you're someone worth pushing.

jk.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#1807 » by Pharaoh » Thu Sep 7, 2017 7:12 am

Shane & Blackman were buddies though.

This Shane/Owens thing is kinda like the AJ/Shane thing:

Hardcore fans are divided over it...

To me it signifies that WWE has total faith in Owens

Should he be the SD Champ? Maybe, but you can't run him on top as champ forever so you cycle him in and out with AJ, Orton and [insert random jobber here]
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1808 » by improper » Thu Sep 7, 2017 7:15 am

Pharaoh wrote:To me it signifies that WWE has total faith in Owens

Yup. He's been in high profile feuds with Rollins, Reigns, Jericho, Styles, and now Shane within the past year. Pretty clear they see him as one of their best workers and a reliable heel foil. Which makes sense. Dude has missed no time since he first appeared in NXT and has consistently been a source of decent to great matches. Plus, he can talk. The only thing working against him is his look, and I think he's gotten Vince to look past that at this point.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1809 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:00 am

That was a vicious headbutt, he looked like his Bell was rung pretty good.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1810 » by Spens1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:45 am

That is a face turn in my eyes :lol: . Anyway thats the biggest rub he could have gotten and that they believe him.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#1811 » by studcrackers » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:58 am

WRau1 wrote:That was a vicious headbutt, he looked like his Bell was rung pretty good.

Was pretty insane
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#1812 » by Shemy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:03 am

Nakumara beats mahal, owens beats shane puts him out of action, have the two of em feud after
"They scared now"
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1813 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:37 am

Owens is so **** good. Few guys in wwe history come off as real. Punk, Austin, Owens. All guys whose in ring personalities are exaggerated versions of themselves. Would be so great if they just got rid of scripts and let the chips fall where they may.
Do it for Chuck
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1814 » by improper » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:27 am

That headbutt was brutal. Would be shocked if McMahon doesn't have a concussion.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1815 » by improper » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:09 am

Also, while I know it would never happen in the modern WWE, what I wish they had done after the Vince beatdown was this...

Steph comes out and slaps the **** out of Owens. He watches her walk away to attend to her father, then he snaps, grabs her, and powerbombs her onto the ring apron.

That would have been amazing, and it would have fit with him being provoked into attacking another McMahon.

That said, I still think it's possible that Triple H is using Owens to destroy Shane for him. I know people have started speculating that this will all culminate in a HHH/Owens program heading into 'Mania (it would be nice to have someone who can go toe to toe with Trips on the mic for once, by the way), but I don't see why Owens taking out Shane would be bad for either Triple H or Steph. We know Steph hates him, and we can assume that Trips is in the same boat. Shane being gone is great for both of them, as he's their main rival for power behind the scenes.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#1816 » by iMoreland » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Beating the hell out of Vince is on a higher level to winning your first major championship in WWE nowadays. Kudos to KO, he's made it big time
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,924

Post#1817 » by tugs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Yeah KO is on his way to the top.

Also, liking this Dolph character.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1818 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:12 pm

improper wrote:That headbutt was brutal. Would be shocked if McMahon doesn't have a concussion.

It was brilliantly done, but was it "real" or did Vince blade? Not sure how you headbut a 72 year old billionaire.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#1819 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:25 pm

That was great, seeing Owens attack Vince like that. Amazing.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1820 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Ruzious wrote:
improper wrote:That headbutt was brutal. Would be shocked if McMahon doesn't have a concussion.

It was brilliantly done, but was it "real" or did Vince blade? Not sure how you headbut a 72 year old billionaire.

I don't think there was any time in which Vince could've bladed himself there, I'd have to go back and rewatch to be sure though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Pro Wrestling