WWE SmackDown Discussion I

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion I 

Post#1901 » by tugs » Fri Nov 3, 2017 11:47 pm

Yeah it's weird. A bit hot, but still weird.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#1902 » by bestnamezRtaken » Sun Nov 5, 2017 6:53 am

Heard that on SmackDown, it'll be AJ v Jinder for the title. Perhaps WWE is seeing that an AJ/Brock SS match would be a much bigger draw than Jinder. But they still haven't done the India tour...so perhaps AJ losses the title right back after SS?
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
ReaLiez
General Board Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,246

Post#1903 » by ReaLiez » Mon Nov 6, 2017 5:38 pm

This Jinder title run shouldve gone to Muhammad Hassan. That guy had some serious heat
Justice
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1904 » by iMoreland » Wed Nov 8, 2017 2:57 am

End of an error.

AJ vs Brock !!!
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1905 » by WRau1 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 3:07 am

This should be a great PPV.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1906 » by Spens1 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 12:21 pm

sweet, sweet release at last from this awful title reign. Bring on AJ vs Brock.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#1907 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Nov 8, 2017 1:08 pm

I called this with my cousin about 12 hours before the show. My thoughts are, take the title off Jinder and put it on Styles for a marquee main event for SS. Then put the title back on Jinder just in time for the India tour in December...Which kind of sucks because my wife and I are strongly considering going to Clash of Champions...in December, which might mean AJ would drop the title there...unless it's the Smackdown after SS...
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,273

Post#1908 » by Shaazzam » Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:43 pm

Why not have Jinder win the title back in India?
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1909 » by iMoreland » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:10 am

That Charlotte/Ric Flair moment was awesome
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#1910 » by LittleOzzy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:52 pm

iMoreland wrote:That Charlotte/Ric Flair moment was awesome

Yup, that was awesome.

Vince can still do some things right.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#1911 » by spykelee » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:04 am

Was that awesome? I sort of expected a bit more promotion and hoopola around that. To just have him come out and hug charlotte and wave to the crowd and leave again seemed sorta botched to me. I thought whenever he returned it would be a big thing and he'd have an entire segment dedicated to it. Just seemed kinda anti climactic
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,603

Post#1912 » by Butch718 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:50 am

spykelee wrote:Was that awesome? I sort of expected a bit more promotion and hoopola around that. To just have him come out and hug charlotte and wave to the crowd and leave again seemed sorta botched to me. I thought whenever he returned it would be a big thing and he'd have an entire segment dedicated to it. Just seemed kinda anti climactic

No. Flair legit surprised her. It was a genuine moment. No need to make an entire production about it.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1913 » by tugs » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Anyone else waiting for Braun to shout, "I'm not finished with you yet!" while him and Reigns were in the ring?
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#1914 » by bestnamezRtaken » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:02 pm

It was very odd that they stood in the ring together, after just a few months ago, they were trying to kill each other via ambulances. Like, I dunno about you guys, but if some dude tried to kill me on a number of occasions, I'm not going to stand in the ring with them all buddy buddy and being super excited about beating the crap out of someone who doesn't wrestle... :lol:

improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1915 » by improper » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:12 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:It was very odd that they stood in the ring together, after just a few months ago, they were trying to kill each other via ambulances. Like, I dunno about you guys, but if some dude tried to kill me on a number of occasions, I'm not going to stand in the ring with them all buddy buddy and being super excited about beating the crap out of someone who doesn't wrestle... :lol:

I mean, Roman should be in prison right now, shouldn't he? Dude legitimately attempted to murder Strowman.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#1916 » by loserX » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:15 pm

improper wrote:
bestnamezRtaken wrote:It was very odd that they stood in the ring together, after just a few months ago, they were trying to kill each other via ambulances. Like, I dunno about you guys, but if some dude tried to kill me on a number of occasions, I'm not going to stand in the ring with them all buddy buddy and being super excited about beating the crap out of someone who doesn't wrestle... :lol:

I mean, Roman should be in prison right now, shouldn't he? Dude legitimately attempted to murder Strowman.

Triple H once had Rikishi literally run over Steve Austin with a car, then admitted it in the middle of the ring on a microphone. WWE logic is a wonderful, bewildering place :lol:
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1917 » by improper » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:19 pm

loserX wrote:
improper wrote:

Triple H once had Rikishi literally run over Steve Austin with a car, then admitted it in the middle of the ring on a microphone. WWE logic is a wonderful, bewildering place :lol:

Generally speaking, I'm not a big fan of "attempted murder" angles in wrestling. This is especially true in WWE, and even more true when it happens and the person responsible isn't even punished, which just makes no sense considering we saw Shane get suspended for attacking Kevin Owens at one point, but Roman got a slap on the wrist for actually trying to kill Braun. And I don't think they've even debated punishing Kane for trying to murder Braun with a garbage truck (and who the hell was driving the truck?!?).

The exception here is Lucha Underground, but the difference there is that Lucha Underground is a TV show about a wrestling promotion and takes place in its own on-screen reality where the rules are different. People have superpowers, can rise from the dead, can have their head punched in by a gauntlet that grants godlike power, etc.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#1918 » by loserX » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:26 pm

improper wrote:Generally speaking, I'm not a big fan of "attempted murder" angles in wrestling.

Agreed. Best we leave the "who blew up Vince McMahon" angle aside completely...
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1919 » by improper » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 pm

loserX wrote:
improper wrote:Generally speaking, I'm not a big fan of "attempted murder" angles in wrestling.

Agreed. Best we leave the "who blew up Vince McMahon" angle aside completely...

Yeah. I think we can accept that these guys occasionally get into it behind the scenes, and maybe even intentionally injure each other from time to time. But it's hard to accept that you can try to kill someone and not be arrested for it in a wrestling promotion that very much takes place within the real world. That's even more true today when the lines between the wrestlers and their real life personas are more blurred than ever. This isn't the Attitude Era where everyone was an insane, larger than life character. Most of these guys just portray normal people today.

I think that honestly might be why Bray Wyatt's character is struggling so much. That supernatural stuff just doesn't work as well today when the wrestlers acknowledge it's all fake than it did twenty, thirty years ago when the bulk of them actually maintained kayfabe.

The exception, again, is Lucha Underground, because it's more a work of fiction about wrestling and wrestlers than a pure wrestling promotion.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1920 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:47 pm

The WWE completely **** Wyatt by trying to make him the new Undertaker in terms of supernatural BS. They should've let him play out his original NXT Wyatt, just a backwoods, crazy cult leader.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Pro Wrestling