Fantasy Book Wrestlemania 34

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Fantasy Book Wrestlemania 34 

Post#1 » by jakecronus8 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Remember this is fantasy so give me the show you want to see.

Cruiserweight Championship Ladder match:
Adrian Neville vs Austin Aries vs Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa vs Hideo Itami-
Don't really care who wins here. All I know is these are the 5 best cruiserweights in the company and will put on a hell of an opener.

Smackdown Women's Championship:
Asuka defeats champion Charlotte

Miz vs Roman Reigns (IC Title)
After a long drawn out feud, Miz wins via shenanigans yet again. Reigns goes off afterwards, beating Miz's ass and leaving through the crowd.

Brock Lesnar vs Samoa Joe (Universal Title)-
This feud has been built up as bad ass vs bad ass. Lesnar has kayfabe put Rollins back on the shelf. After a brutal match it ends in a no contest as the Shield reunites and decimates both guys putting them both through tables. Afterwards Ambrose (who was told by Stephanie is off the card) gets on the mic declaring "Justice has returned." (Mic drop, 3 fists)

Raw Women's Championship
Heel Sasha Banks defeats Bayley

AJ Styles vs Finn Balor: Winner gets control of the Club-
The Club are now baby face free agents (leave that up to someone else as to how that gets done) setting up this baby vs baby match. A debuting (no NXT run) Kenny Omega interferes on Styles' behalf turning both Styles and the Club heel, and standing tall "too sweeting" in the ring. In the following weeks they continue to torment and attack Balor which leads him to bring in The Shield for a Shield vs BC feud.

Andre the Giant Battle Royal Winner:
I don't know. We'll say Randy Orton, maybe Wyatt or Dillinger. Don't really care.

John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura:
Nothing to add here. This match would be pure brilliance and the crowd would be white hot. Nakamura wins.

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens (WWE Title)-
This match has to be a Mania main event as it's one of the greatest rivalries in wrestling history. Sami has had a whirlwind year, coming up short in his quest for the US Title, winning Money in the Bank but failing in his cash in, and winning the rumble. Finally culminates with a win vs Owens.
Do it for Chuck
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Re: Fantasy Book Wrestlemania 34 

Post#2 » by Wo1verine » Tue May 30, 2017 4:43 pm

Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman
Rollins - Reigns - Ambrose vs. Balor - Styles - Anderson and Gallows vs. Luke Harper - Erick Rowan and Bray Wyatt.
CM Punk vs. The Rock
Angle vs. Cena
Zayn vs. Owens
HHH vs. Samoa Joe
Neville vs. Aries vs. Gargano vs. Ciampa vs. Itami vs. Rey Mysterio
BrunoSkull
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#3 » by Max Green » Wed May 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles

Universal Title Match
Roman Reigns vs. Nakamura

IC Title Match
Miz vs. Tye Dillinger

United States Title Match
Big Cass vs. Ambrose vs. Ziggler vs. MahaRaja

Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor

Samoa Joe vs. John Cena

WWE Title Match
Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn

Last Man Standing Match
Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman

TLC Match
Broken Hardy's vs. New Day vs. Club vs. American Alpha

Raw Women's Title
Sasha vs. Charlotte vs. Becky vs. Bailey

Smackdown Women's Title
Ember Moon vs. Asuka vs. Naomi

Cruiserweight Gauntlet
Neville vs. Hideo vs. Swann vs. Aries vs. Eric Young vs. Alexander vs. Enzo vs. The Brian Kendrick
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#4 » by WRau1 » Thu Jun 1, 2017 2:35 am

Daniel Bryan vs Kurt Angle
Lesnar (c) vs Samoa Joe
Nakamura (c) vs John Cena
Asuka (c) vs Charlotte Flair (c) Title unification match
Broken Matt Hardy (c) w/ Brother Nero vs Aleister Black
Kevin Owens (c) vs Handsome Rusev
American Alpha (c) vs Tye Dillinger & Sami Zayn
The Revival (c) vs D.I.Y
Finn Balor, Gallows & Anderson vs Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins (Adam Cole debuts to help team Balor, they form Bullet Club)
AJ Styles vs Cody Rhodes
Strowman vs the cruiserweight division (Strowman wins the cruiserweight championship)
ATG Memorial Battle Royal
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#5 » by Spens1 » Thu Jun 1, 2017 1:03 pm

WM:

WWE Title: Kevin Owens (c) vs Sami Zayn

Backstory:

Essentially Owens wins MITB. Zayn gets his big title shot at Summerslam and has a program with Jinder (essentially about race and rising above etc etc), Zayn wins at Summerslam, however after going through a lot (Bollywood Boyz interefering, Jinder using weapons and low blows behind the refs back), Sami is in bad condition. K.O cashes in and wins. Basically K.O mocks Sami constantly, he has a feud with Cena (he beats Cena at SS clean) and Styles (beating Styles at the RR). Zayn goes into a bit of a slump post Summerslam for a bit, but joins the Survivor Series team and is last man standing for smackdown (i mean they'll probably lose). He goes into the Rumble Match at 1 and wins it. Owens even tries to run interference in the match but Zayn shrugs him off and eliminates Strowman last to win the match. Then those two feud with each other until mania where Zayn takes his revenge and gets his crowning moment (main event it).

WWE universal championship: Bray Wyatt (c) vs Brock Lesnar

Backstory:

Wyatt eventually wins the title and mania over brock with shenanigans (i guess), heyman says Brock wants his rematch and mania, bray agrees. They have a match, Wyatt looks strong as hell and is able to actually keep up with Lesnar somewhat and has some mind games that affect brock also (not to mention Brock is mad as hell cause Wyatt messes with his family etc) and Wyatt retains. Thus establishing a new monster heel.

WWE U.S Championship: John Cena (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Backstory:
Cena gets wrecked against Owens in Survivor Series (loses in under 20 minutes) and something starts changing. He is a bit more vicious, a bit more angry etc. He wins the title from the popular AJ Styles in a triple threat (Maybe have Mahal in the match to take the pin), which starts fans turning on him. Have him and Nakamura feud, face vs face, it starts up on mutual respect but as the feud goes on, the cracks start to show. at Mania, have Nakamura win and have Cena snap, have him viciously attack Nakamura post match and basically shoot. (yes i know, the Cena heel turn, yada yada, they need to do it at some stage though if he wants 17 though).

IC Title: Samoa Joe (C) vs Cesaro

Backstory:

Cesaro ditches Sheamus as well, it makes sense and that tag team is at the end of its life cycle anyway. Joe wins the title off of Dean at some point and is absolutely dominant with it. Cesaro also does pretty well from his end. Eventually Cesaro wins a #1 contendership for the title and challenges Joe at summerslam.

Smackdown Womens champion:

Becky Lynch (c) vs Asuka vs Charlotte

backstory:
Lynch wins the womens MITB and cashes in on Naomi but doesn't turn heel, showing a more competitive side, Naomi calls her out but Becky is like, nuh-uh-uh, i played by the rules and won that title fair and square etc. Charlotte heels up and calls her a coward, they fight, eventually Asuka comes up and destroys everyone. Where we are left with today, Asuka wins the title at mania.

AMBAR:

Final spot: Apollo Crews eliminates Tyler Breeze

Because Crews can get heaps of heat by eliminating smark favourite Breeze and wins it and celebrates and #makesitawin

Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose (Last Man standing)

Backstory:
So Dean has lost his title and now is more aggressive in his tactics. In fact it sees him get DQ'ed a lot (lets say up to survivor series). Eventually he snaps and hits a ref with dirty deeds and he gets suspended for a month. Seth tries to get him out of it but Dean is having none of it, bringing up their past and partially blaming Seth for his predicament. At the Rumble, Seth eliminates Deano (Dean starts #2 and lasts till around 25ish). Deano completely snaps, gets back in, dirty deeds him, Seth gets eliminated, and Dean gets a chair and starts unloading shots on him until security eventually drag him off. Seth is taken out of action, Dean explains his actions and says he's sick and tired of always coming close but no cigar. Talks about how since he lost the WWE title, his life has been hell, not even the IC title would satisfy him etc etc. He said he still didn't forget about Seth and the snake he is etc etc. Basically at the in between PPV, Rollins returns. Then each show up until the main show, no promos as such, they just try to kill each other basically. Until Angle has had enough, says they're facing each other at mania

Raw Womans title:

Sasha Banks (c) vs Alexa Bliss w/Nia Jax vs Bayley

Backstory: Bliss does lose the title to Bayley (Survivor series), Banks comes out to celebrate, but then backstabber into the banks statement, leading to a match at the Rumble where she cheats to win. Basically the return of full heel bank. Bliss in the meantime pairs up with Jax and they form a power duo of sorts. Bayley has to overcome the odds against two heels. You get the picture.

CW Title:

Ladder Match: Rich Swann vs Cedric Alexander vs Akira Tozawa vs TJP vs Neville (c) vs Austin Aries

Backstory: these are the 6 strongest names on the show right, ladder match and all that, despite mandatory flippyness, you would get some good wrestling also.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#6 » by iMoreland » Thu Jun 1, 2017 1:56 pm

2009NBAChamps
Rookie
And1: 42

Post#7 » by 2009NBAChamps » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:30 pm

So, with the tickets for WM soon to be released, it has once again peaked my interest in going. Doing so, I'm trying to evaluate the type of matches I'd like to see to make that happen (realistically).

Brock vs Roman (C)
- Getting this out of the way, as it's all but a foregone conclusion. I don't love it, but maybe some sort of swerve will come out of this and it could be a decent match.

AJ Style vs Nakamura (C)
- This is definitely THE match I want to see. If not Nak, then maybe KO or Zayn, but they seem destined for each other. If we have to settle for a triple threat, with Jinder, I'll be furious, but I hope this can work its way into the program over the course of the next few months.

KO vs Zayn (Ladder match)
- This would be another fantastic match for the card, and I just feel like they may have some sort of stipulation to it. A ladder match here would be reminiscent of a Razor Ramon vs HBK match with physical attributes (some what).

Hardyz vs Dean/Rollins vs Cesaro/Sheamus (C)
- Not sure I'm sold on either team right now, but something has to give and this could very likely be where both are headed

Balor vs Cena
- Perhaps help launch Finn further, and an overall good match for 2 guys I have a hard time placing

I can't really speak to the other matches, as I haven't followed as closely, but would love to see Ziggler, Miz, Joe and the women get a couple good matches to round out the card.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#8 » by improper » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:38 am

As much as I'd love to fantasy book Mania, it's tough because I know the actual event will just be seven hours of joyless, bland matches that will have been totally eclipsed the night before at NXT.

It's like...what's the point? Wrestlemania is my least favorite show of the year because it's almost as if the show itself exemplifies everything that is wrong with WWE in one overlong show. It's all flash, no substance.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#9 » by Pharaoh » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:04 am

Only matches that could get me to pay for it:

Brock v Braun where Braun goes over and becomes the new "guy"

AJ v Nakamura - give them as long as they want and the freedom to wrestle how they want

KO v Zayn
Angle v Joe
Balor v Jericho

Let the 4 full timers shine like AJ & Nakamura

Roode over Orton - create a new main event player

Miz over Roman - finally reward Miz properly for his work!

You'd come out of Mania with this on RAW:

Miz (& his cronies), Braun, Joe & Balor are main players

Roman is still a main event player but gets knocked down a little before we cycle up again (5th attempt!)

On SDL:

AJ, KO, Zayn, Roode, Nakamura are the top guys

I'd move Jordan to SDL at the Draft and turn him heel...

Hope for another SD6!

Orton can drop back a bit

Cena can do whatever he chooses on either show

12 months of pushing the new SD6 & 4 "new" main guys on RAW would be a welcomed change

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by iMoreland » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Roode over Orton - create a new main event player

Funny thing about this, Orton is 3 years younger than Roode
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by improper » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:20 pm

iMoreland wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Roode over Orton - create a new main event player

Funny thing about this, Orton is 3 years younger than Roode

Yeah, but in this instance it's not age that's holding Orton back. It's that everyone is sick of him and he is obviously sick of wrestling because he puts no effort into his matches or feuds. He just goes through the motions.

Roode at least is fresh and new.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#12 » by Wo1verine » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:30 pm

Man, Vince and CM need to make up and have him come save the company. Despite what he says they will do so but by the time that happens CM career in the ring will likely be over which would be unfortunate! CM would be my dream scenario when it comes to WM.

CM punk vs. HHH (real life bad blood would make for a awesome main event)
Rock vs. Reigns ( Shield turned heel)
Lesnar vs. Braun ( Street fight)
Angle vs. Jordan ( father vs. son)
Miz vs. Shane M - For control of SDL ( Miz would be fantastic running the show)
BrunoSkull
ReaLiez
General Board Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,246

Post#13 » by ReaLiez » Fri Nov 3, 2017 3:01 am

Casual fan here

Brock v Braun v Roman v Bray v Samoa Joe v Cena
AJ Styles v Rollins v KO v Finn v Zayn v Nakamura
Ambrose v Miz v Ziggler

Rock v Punk v Angle v HHH
Kane v Undertaker final match (both end up "dying")
Big Show v Big Cass v Luke Harper v Shaq

Asuka v Banks v Flair v Ronda Rousey
Hardys v Cesaro & Shaemus
Randy Orton v Jinder Mahal loser has to retire
Justice
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#14 » by Spens1 » Sun Nov 5, 2017 11:55 am

improper wrote:As much as I'd love to fantasy book Mania, it's tough because I know the actual event will just be seven hours of joyless, bland matches that will have been totally eclipsed the night before at NXT.

It's like...what's the point? Wrestlemania is my least favorite show of the year because it's almost as if the show itself exemplifies everything that is wrong with WWE in one overlong show. It's all flash, no substance.

could be worse, could be the rumble.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#15 » by Mich3006 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:29 am

I´ll mix some "dream" matches of mine with matches that could/will be booked anyway...

WWE Championship
AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kevin Owens

Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar vs Braun Strowman

John Cena vs Undertaker

Chris Jericho vs Kenny Omega 2.0 (PLEASE!!!)

Balor Club, The Bar vs New Day, The Usos

Undisputed Era vs The Shield

RAW Women´s Championship
Alexa Bliss vs Asuka vs Sasha Banks

Charlotte Flair vs Ronda Rousey

Triple H vs Kurt Angle

Don´t know what to do with guys like Roode, Wyatt, Miz, ...
2009NBAChamps
Rookie
And1: 42

Post#16 » by 2009NBAChamps » Fri Feb 2, 2018 8:05 pm

2009NBAChamps wrote:So, with the tickets for WM soon to be released, it has once again peaked my interest in going. Doing so, I'm trying to evaluate the type of matches I'd like to see to make that happen (realistically).

Brock vs Roman (C)
- Getting this out of the way, as it's all but a foregone conclusion. I don't love it, but maybe some sort of swerve will come out of this and it could be a decent match.

AJ Style vs Nakamura (C)
- This is definitely THE match I want to see. If not Nak, then maybe KO or Zayn, but they seem destined for each other. If we have to settle for a triple threat, with Jinder, I'll be furious, but I hope this can work its way into the program over the course of the next few months.

- This would be another fantastic match for the card, and I just feel like they may have some sort of stipulation to it. A ladder match here would be reminiscent of a Razor Ramon vs HBK match with physical attributes (some what).

Hardyz vs Dean/Rollins vs Cesaro/Sheamus (C)
- Not sure I'm sold on either team right now, but something has to give and this could very likely be where both are headed

Balor vs Cena
- Perhaps help launch Finn further, and an overall good match for 2 guys I have a hard time placing

I can't really speak to the other matches, as I haven't followed as closely, but would love to see Ziggler, Miz, Joe and the women get a couple good matches to round out the card.

Post Rumble-Edition; glad to see I got at least a couple potentially right. Here's my updated fantasy/reality booking:

Brock vs Roman vs Braun (C)
- Even though adding Braun here seems unrealistic, I think it's the right move, and he needs to be in the Title picture; hopefully this comes true, as the IC belt would not be where I want to see him;

AJ vs Nak (C)
- done and dusted, very likely the MOTN, hope it wraps the show, but if not I won't be upset, so long as they get their time to do what they do best

- was hopeful when I last wrote this up, that they would move in this direction, and luckily it appears to be headed that way!I'll keep the ladder match, and continue to hope Shane or DB don't get involved; perhaps it's a number one contender match, but regardless of it, I'll be happy to see this on the card

The BAR vs The Revival vs AOP (C)
- there is very little mention of the tag titles these days, but I think if they were to build up Revival and call up AoP, this match could very very good

Asuka vs Charlotte (C)
- very likely headed this way, and I have no issues with it! As long as we get Asuka going over Charlotte

Mixed Tag (Rousey + Rock or Angle) vs (Steph + HHH)
- don't want to see it, but meh it's happening so including anyway

Taker vs Cena
- really really really don't want to see it, but as above... it's likely happening

Roode vs Ziggler (US)
- could be a sneaky contender for motn if they get time

Miz vs Rollins (IC)
- assuming Jason Jordan injury is legit and Seth is good to go, why not make this match happen?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,527

Post#17 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Mar 5, 2018 9:05 am

Approaching it not from a matches I would like to see perspective, but what's best for business and future stock of its wrestlers

Pre show
The Usos vs The Bludgeon Brothers (Smackdown titles) - Usos can go through one more tough opponent before superstar shake-up and NXT call-ups help replenish their options

Finn Balor vs Mustafa Ali (Cruiserweight title) - Not a huge believer in Finn, 205 may be a good spot for him long term

Andre the Giant Battle Royale - Elias wins

Main show:

The Bar vs The New Day (Raw Tag titles) - Asuka is traded for the New Day. The Usos got to feud the New Day in 2017, now it's the Bar's turn in 2018 for what would surely last many PPVs

Nia Jax vs Alexa (Raw Women's Title) - With Asuka going to Smackdown, this is a good time to finally push Nia to the top and let her dominate

John Cena vs Bobby Roode (US title) - Cena is an over 40 part timer so I would be using him to put over whichever guy you feel has high potential. I feel when they turn Roode heel he has potential to get right to the top of the card and beating Cena is a great stepping stone for him.

Braun Strowman vs Bray Wyatt - A chance to show a little more layers in Braun's character beyond just destroying everything, and get Bray back on track

Randy Orton and Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn - Double turn. Orton and Shane turn heel, Owens and Zayn turn face, and Bryan takes their side. Orton becomes Shane's corporate puppet which eventually leads Orton to take on Styles for WWE title post Mania.

Asuka vs Charlotte (Smackdown Women's Title) - Massive women's match, I'm good with it

Kurt Angle vs The Miz - This feud would be built around Miz's promos. He's already been complaining about Angle for ages, and he gets to talk about his fatherhood vs Angle's with Jason Jordan.

AJ Styles vs Nakamura (WWE title) - Locked and a good fit for the show and Styles match quality first character

HHH/Stephanie vs Ronda Rousey/Seth Rollins - Will get a lot of media buzz, so it's fine

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar (Universal title) - Yes Reigns deserves to beat Brock and be champion for a while

I'm leaving Undertaker off. Letting Reigns retire him was the right thing to do.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by iMoreland » Mon Mar 5, 2018 8:15 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:John Cena vs Bobby Roode (US title) - Cena is an over 40 part timer so I would be using him to put over whichever guy you feel has high potential. I feel when they turn Roode heel he has potential to get right to the top of the card and beating Cena is a great stepping stone for him.

Cena is younger than Roode
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by improper » Mon Mar 5, 2018 9:45 pm

iMoreland wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:John Cena vs Bobby Roode (US title) - Cena is an over 40 part timer so I would be using him to put over whichever guy you feel has high potential. I feel when they turn Roode heel he has potential to get right to the top of the card and beating Cena is a great stepping stone for him.

To be fair, only by like two weeks. They're essentially the same age.

Roode is a full-timer, though, whereas Cena will probably not be around with any kind of consistency going forward.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,527

Post#20 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Mar 5, 2018 9:46 pm

iMoreland wrote:

Fair point but I can still see Roode having a good future the next few years. His NXT heel character is a great fit for the main roster in my opinion.

Return to Pro Wrestling