WWE Raw Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: WWE Raw Discussion II 

Post#1941 » by Spens1 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:16 pm

They need to actually televise a PPV already at MSG. ROH of all promotions are about to do a show there next year (granted, with New Japan who are basically going to provide 75% of that show).
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1942 » by Spens1 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:22 pm

Raw also got only 1.78 million viewers but that's a pretty consistent drop with the NFL (30%). Besides, it was a rubbish non canon raw anyway. However it is a million down from last year (though that was live and christmas day). It does put them in TNA territory (i'm not even talking monday night Hogan era either, i'm talking when they were on spike on wednesdays 10 years ago).

Smackdown at least may be spared because the taping looked somewhat decent (Bryan hijincks, title change, the man etc).
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1943 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 1, 2019 1:02 am

Drew McIntyre is a good choice to win the Rumble this year but it's probably gonna be Seth Rollins
to set up the rumored match with Brock at WM.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1944 » by Scott Hall » Sat Jan 5, 2019 12:43 am

Read on Twitter
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#1945 » by spykelee » Tue Jan 8, 2019 1:57 am

Got a few goosebumps at that mean gene and hulk hogan segment. Hulk did pretty good with that promo tbh

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1946 » by iMoreland » Tue Jan 8, 2019 2:54 am

Yikes, never give Braun a mic again
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1947 » by tugs » Tue Jan 8, 2019 2:57 am

It's cringe. It's like Cena was Paul and Roman was Braun. They're trying to showcase Braun as a talker it's still so bad. Those little insults to Brock isn't really provoking at all.

For a man his stature you don't call someone out. You go back there and do it yourself.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1948 » by tugs » Tue Jan 8, 2019 3:08 am

Alicia just semi no sold that Eclipse smh
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1949 » by improper » Tue Jan 8, 2019 3:13 am

Braun, to me, is a classic one-liner guy. He's good when he's kicking ass and occasionally dropping a memorable quip, but he's not someone you want to give a lot of dialogue to.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1950 » by iMoreland » Tue Jan 8, 2019 3:37 am

Ronda vs Sasha sounds great
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1951 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 8, 2019 3:59 am

Outside of the Mean Gene tribute I thought RAW absolutely sucked. I enjoy Smackdown and it's roster
so much more. I literally don't care about anyone on the RAW roster anymore the damage from Vinces
booking has killed it for me. I wish there was a draft or superstar shake up tomorrow.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#1952 » by bestnamezRtaken » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:05 am

I actually really like Bobby Lashley as a heel. It would be great to put the title on him especially with Lio talking like he does.

Braun is very bad on the mic, have Paul turn in Brock to side with Braun, lol.

Seth v Dean was good.

Not as bad as some people make it out to be, lol.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
tugs
RealGM

Post#1953 » by tugs » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:05 am

liking the story developing for Lashley though. for me he's something Seth shouldn't overcome. go the old school work injuring the face to establish credibility and move on.

Seth'll get the sympathy and won't miss a beat once he gets back. in the meantime, get Lashley over as a dominant heel.

and am I only the one impressed with the spear with the cap still intact? :lol:
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1954 » by Spens1 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:29 am

Managed to watch some of the show (avoided the hogan segment)

What is the deal with this revival storyline? is it just the case of them getting screwed every week in dirty finishes. This would be fine if the Revival where the faces and Gable and Roode where heels, they have it absolutely backwards.

I mean at least Seth is back, they better not do HHH vs Seth again (keep the McMahons away from any and all storylines as possible, hell, make them like Tunney or Regal, only getting involved when necessary). Also he's feuding with Lashley and Ambrose? Also how badly have they killed Ambrose, i mean damn, I never thought they could handle that turn that badly.

Elias lost why?

Braun shouldn't do serious promos that are long, 30 second promos from him, goofy promos or just have him with a manager (get Heyman for Strowman). He had better walk out of the rumble as champ. McIntyre vs Strowman would be the main event i'd go for (idk, Seth is not going to be that top guy, as great as he is).

Also if you're going to say you're doing a new era show, at least do something different (I mean, I appreciate that we kicked it off with a brawl, but then we went to a 2007-esque, cena promo ffs).

The show was still astonishingly bad. Smackdown has 2 really good storylines going for it right now (Becky Lynch and the storyline surrounding the smackdown main event and Bryan/Styles). The Miz/Shane storyline is better than anyone on raw right now for crying out loud.

what does Raw have going for it, absolutely nothing, not one decent storyline at all, Ronda is intriguing but all her feuds are on the other brand, the one time Braun vs Brock (the main event storyline) gets storytime, they stuff it up, the IC title match was good on paper but has turned out to be the worst storyline. the rest are either comedy angles or ones that just don't matter. If Vince is still head of Raw's creative he should loosen the reigns like on smackdown cause at least that's a better product for it.

Oh yeah, Nia is still trash and should get sent back to the performance centre (not even for being an injury risk, but for being a horrible worker in general) or just outright released. They released Cass didn't they, and he's not as bad as she is.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1955 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 8, 2019 4:32 am

tugs wrote:liking the story developing for Lashley though. for me he's something Seth shouldn't overcome. go the old school work injuring the face to establish credibility and move on.

Seth'll get the sympathy and won't miss a beat once he gets back. in the meantime, get Lashley over as a dominant heel.

and am I only the one impressed with the spear with the cap still intact? :lol:

Lashley closing out the show looking strong and looking like a dominant heel was my favorite part...

Seth and Dean were involved in that pointless 6-man tag match that went on for 30 minutes to start the
show then were involved in a main event match to close out the show? To much over exposure.

The last few weeks they were giving opportunities to under used talents tonight felt like the same old RAW.

I don't know what it is about Dean Ambrose but he needs to be rebooted he's starting to remind of Alberto Del Rio
and Sheamus after their first few years in the WWE.

Also it's crazy that a mid 60's Hogan after a racist scandal is more over then everyone on RAW lol

And where was the Royal Rumble build?
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#1956 » by bestnamezRtaken » Tue Jan 8, 2019 1:38 pm

Going back to the Revival/Roode&Gable thing...yeah I'm not sure what they're doing with this. But with all these stupid screwy finishes, it better lead to The Revival finally getting the tag titles. But hey, at least they're on TV and getting air time, even if they do keep getting screwed. I think Vince does this dumb thing of "we'll finish with a screwy finish at the end but I want to gauge the reaction of the crowd before pushing them" type crap. What was the point of the lumber jacks at ring side when the ref is just going to completely disregard anything they say or do. The Ascension were clearly like, "uh hey his foot was on the rope we saw it" trying to help the Revival but the ref just disappeared. Very odd.

I'm honestly starting to get tired of the "talk show host" bit that they keep putting people in. We should only have Miz TV and Jericho's show. All the other ones are just tiresome and bad segments. Ronda is still very bad on the mic. Nia is in that territory of bad promos too. The booking for Nia has been bad with her flip flopping from heel to face to heel to face to heel, because Alexa is a heel but those two feuded and had "bad blood" but like...Nia is a heel so usually heels help heels but I dunno, it's going nowhere fast.

Ambrose is okay I think. They definitely aren't going in the right direction with his gimmick but Ambrose is doing the best to maintain it, proving me wrong from a few years back prior to his injury (I thought Ambrose was trash with a dumbass gimmick with a limited moveset). But he's proving that with his heel turn, even though he's getting booked bad and with questionable promos...he's still holding his own. People are far too harsh on the character already.

John Cena needs a heel turn, he wants it so bad. He's said it numerous times on talk shows, he wants the heel turn. It would be NWO Hogan-esque too. I thought the heel turn of Ambrose was amazing, can you imagine Cena turning?

But yeah, keep building Bobby as this dominate monster heel though. Please let him win his feud with Rollins. It wont hurt Rollins much losing as he's red hot right now. Put the title on Bobby, have him win the Rumble, I don't care. Well, I think Drew should win it too. A small list of people that I think would be okay to win the Rumble, Bobby, Drew, Finn, Rollins, Ryder, Slater, and Omega. One of those please.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
tugs
RealGM

Post#1957 » by tugs » Tue Jan 8, 2019 2:01 pm

Just would like to add about Nia. Bitch, you're getting annoying heat. XPac heat would've been offensive to Waltman since he has something at least. Nia, as monstrous as she is, all dolled up and acting like a mean girl. Really? Dress her up, ok put some colors ok sure, but at least be as dominant as The Glamazon.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1958 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 3:13 pm

Just saw some highlights. Dear God Nia needs to either be sent down for seasoning or find a new career. She almost killed Sasha on that apron rana attempt. I understand that wwe probably likes her because she gets good heat, but they need to step back and realize that pushing someone due to the fact that they actually get people hurt in real life is a bad look.
Do it for Chuck
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#1959 » by Stanford » Tue Jan 8, 2019 3:38 pm

WWE likes her because she's fit and blonde.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1960 » by improper » Tue Jan 8, 2019 9:15 pm

Stanford wrote:WWE likes her because she's fit and blonde.

She has arguably something even better...a relationship with Rock. That's a pretty surefire way to keep a WWE career regardless of how terrible you are at wrestling. See also: Tamina.

Return to Pro Wrestling