Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: WWE Raw Discussion II 

Post#521 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:42 pm

WRau1 wrote:
iMoreland wrote:People dislike Jason Jordan for the same reasons they dislike John Cena and Roman Reigns, which is a good thing.

Jordan is a future star.

Jordan's dislike is still weird to me. He was an NXT guy and part of one of the most popular teams to come out of there. He's fantastic in the ring. He actually reminds me a lot of when Cesaro first entered the WWE.

I disagree with that view. Jordan is simply not ready to be a star. He has a very good look and a lot of athleticism, but he's not a real good pro wrestler at this stage of his career - though he has the potential to be outstanding - and he has absolutely zero personality - again at this stage of his career. Cesaro is a great in-ring pro wrestler. Jordan is a kid with a lot of POTENTIAL - but he's nowhere near being someone who should be getting a major push right now.

And that showed last night. His whining was so... whiney, he made Steph sound like the good guy.

Kid just needs a lot more experience and needs to develop some presence about him. People whine non-stop about Reigns, but at least he has a presence about him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#522 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:36 pm

Ruzious wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
iMoreland wrote:People dislike Jason Jordan for the same reasons they dislike John Cena and Roman Reigns, which is a good thing.

Jordan is a future star.

Jordan's dislike is still weird to me. He was an NXT guy and part of one of the most popular teams to come out of there. He's fantastic in the ring. He actually reminds me a lot of when Cesaro first entered the WWE.

I disagree with that view. Jordan is simply not ready to be a star. He has a very good look and a lot of athleticism, but he's not a real good pro wrestler at this stage of his career - though he has the potential to be outstanding - and he has absolutely zero personality - again at this stage of his career. Cesaro is a great in-ring pro wrestler. Jordan is a kid with a lot of POTENTIAL - but he's nowhere near being someone who should be getting a major push right now.

And that showed last night. His whining was so... whiney, he made Steph sound like the good guy.

Kid just needs a lot more experience and needs to develop some presence about him. People whine non-stop about Reigns, but at least he has a presence about him.

I think in-ring in the one area where Jordan is there. He's mechanically as solid as you can get, he's got tremendous athleticism and other than Styles and Zayn, I'm not sure there's a guy in the company with a better babyface comeback.

The thing is, he's getting the worst of both worlds in terms of presentation. They have him go from being part of a midcard tag team to revealed as Kurt's son so it feels like he's being pushed really hard. But he's feuding with guys like Miz and Elias and losing competitive matches to Balor, Cena and Reigns. So, it feels like he's getting pushed down our throats but he's not really being pushed like that. If Gable had an injury and they decided to move Jordan over to Raw and they gave him the push he's been getting minus the interactions with Kurt and instead of the tease of him being in the Survivor Series match he was having a singles match with Gable or a tag match with Matt Hardy against Gable and Benjamin, I don't think he'd be getting a lot of push back. I think by-and-large the fans would be enjoying watching this pretty likable midcard babyface with a high upside moving up the ladder.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#523 » by WRau1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:38 pm

To me, Jordan is one of the better workers already on Raw. He has no personality but everyone one already knew that. He's also not getting a superstar push. He needs to develop a better character but he's not being pushed down out throats like other "it" guys.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#524 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:53 pm

I don't think he's wrestled enough outside of tagging to say he's a great worker as a singles wrestler. I'll agree that the potential is there. Has he had any great singles matches? He's also not the 6'3 245 lbs that he's listed at.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#525 » by improper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Ruzious wrote:I don't think he's wrestled enough outside of tagging to say he's a great worker as a singles wrestler. I'll agree that the potential is there. Has he had any great singles matches? He's also not the 6'3 245 lbs that he's listed at.

I don't think he's had any great singles matches yet, although to be fair he hasn't really had much of a chance yet. That said, his main problems are more his crap character and general lack of charisma. You know, the same problems Reigns has had for three years now, which doesn't give me a lot of faith in WWE to fix Jordan.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#526 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:08 pm

improper wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I don't think he's wrestled enough outside of tagging to say he's a great worker as a singles wrestler. I'll agree that the potential is there. Has he had any great singles matches? He's also not the 6'3 245 lbs that he's listed at.

I don't think he's had any great singles matches yet, although to be fair he hasn't really had much of a chance yet. That said, his main problems are more his crap character and general lack of charisma. You know, the same problems Reigns has had for three years now, which doesn't give me a lot of faith in WWE to fix Jordan.

I don't agree with that. Like him or not, Reigns has a ton of charisma compared to Jordan. At some point, Jordan might become interesting, but as of now, it ain't there.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#527 » by bestnamezRtaken » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:08 pm

I thought his matches with Cena and Roman weren't bad at all. The fans were brutal last night. I know WWE tried to get him over last night with the whole Triple H pedigree thing to make Trips look like the bad guy, but the fans LOVED it and had 0 sympathy for him. I think the whole "son of Kurt Angle" thing has just killed it for everyone. No one buys it at all. It was a dumb idea and shouldn't have been given the green light.

But he's getting much better in the ring, needs a lot of work on the mic, he could use a talker on his side...like a.......Chad Gable or something... :lol:
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#528 » by improper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Ruzious wrote:I don't agree with that. Like him or not, Reigns has a ton of charisma compared to Jordan. At some point, Jordan might become interesting, but as of now, it ain't there.

Reigns might have more charisma than Jordan, but that's damning with faint praise. :lol:
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#529 » by Spens1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:08 am

they gave roman the IC title :lol: this company. Yeah way to make the Miz look great huh, why even take him off of smackdown if you can't do a thing with him.

Also Roman makes the mid card title look trash (look at his US title reign, it had to be one of the worst in recent memory).

Good return for Paige though, i'm intrigued to say the least and thank the good lord cause they needed a great promo on the show. Lets face it, their is no one on the womans roster right now that can hold a candle to paige on the mic (except maybe if they allow banks to turn heel, then she's probably a level above even paige). Give Paige the title also cause why not, as long as they don't put her in any weird angles she will make the title scene somewhat interesting (also Paige vs Asuka would be a lot better than Bliss getting murdered by Asuka in under a minute). Surprisingly enough Graves didn't lose his mind when Rose came out.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#530 » by iMoreland » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:10 am

Mandy + Sonya, extra ammo for the women's Royal Rumble match?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#531 » by studcrackers » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:52 am

is this the 3rd time this year someones tried to kill braun?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#532 » by improper » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:33 am

studcrackers wrote:is this the 3rd time this year someones tried to kill braun?

It's like the third time this month.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#533 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:54 am

Kurt Angle: That match begins now
Announcer Time for a commercial break
:banghead:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#534 » by tugs » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:18 pm

No one woman is a threat for Asuka. Having 3 evens up the playing field
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#535 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Sonya Deville is pitch perfect as a henchman in a stable. Mandy Rose... not so much
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#536 » by bestnamezRtaken » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Don't know who the other two women are, but the MMA gimmick one doesn't look like she's ready at all.

Roman as IC champ? Damn, I need to go back and watch, I fell asleep during the Enzo promo (right as their match started).

But I assume taking the title off the Miz will lead to them writing him off for a bit so he can take time to be with his wife. Makes sense I suppose.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#537 » by iMoreland » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:20 pm

So, who's Brock facing at the Rumble?

I thought I'd be Finn but he lost clean to Joe last night. Are they gonna do another Brock/Joe? I wouldn't mind that.

Also wouldn't mind another Fatal 4 Way, with Brock (c) vs Dean vs Roman vs Seth. That can start The Shield implosion.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#538 » by improper » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:08 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Don't know who the other two women are, but the MMA gimmick one doesn't look like she's ready at all.

I have no idea why they call up women like Rose and Deville when there are literally a dozen women in NXT who are better and more ring ready than them. Many of those women in NXT can't even get on the weekly show because the roster is currently so deep. I can understand the decision to not call up Ember (champ), Kairi (new), and Nikki (is in a faction), but they couldn't give Paige Bianca Belair and Ruby Riot instead?

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Roman as IC champ? Damn, I need to go back and watch, I fell asleep during the Enzo promo (right as their match started).

I assume they saw how Roman made the US Title seem completely worthless and figured Miz was elevating the IC Title too much. :lol:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#539 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:15 pm

improper wrote:
bestnamezRtaken wrote:Don't know who the other two women are, but the MMA gimmick one doesn't look like she's ready at all.

I have no idea why they call up women like Rose and Deville when there are literally a dozen women in NXT who are better and more ring ready than them. Many of those women in NXT can't even get on the weekly show because the roster is currently so deep. I can understand the decision to not call up Ember (champ), Kairi (new), and Nikki (is in a faction), but they couldn't give Paige Bianca Belair and Ruby Riot instead?

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Roman as IC champ? Damn, I need to go back and watch, I fell asleep during the Enzo promo (right as their match started).

I assume they saw how Roman made the US Title seem completely worthless and figured Miz was elevating the IC Title too much. :lol:

But aren't these 2 - Rose and Deville - more henchwomen than anything else - used to support Page and be her lackeys? We'll see. Maybe it's best not to use the top overall talents for rolls like that.

Personally, I think it's too soon to build up Page like that. If I was WWE, I would have taken more time to make sure her head's on straight.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#540 » by improper » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:18 pm

Ruzious wrote:But aren't these 2 - Rose and Deville - more henchwomen than anything else - used to support Page and be her lackeys? We'll see. Maybe it's best not to use the top overall talents for rolls like that.

Personally, I think it's too soon to build up Page like that. If I was WWE, I would have taken more time to make sure her head's on straight.

They are henchwomen, but I still think henchwomen need to be ready for eventual singles pushes. You can't just promote two people who clearly aren't ready and hope they learn on the job. Riot is already a good worker and would have fit well visually with Paige. Belair radiates charisma and is pretty good in the ring, and you could eventually set her up to turn on Paige, or have Paige get mad that Belair is stealing her spotlight like Miz/Sandow.

Either way, I think those two are much more prepared for the main roster than Rose (who is a pretty face and not much more) and Deville, who isn't even remotely ready.

Beyond that, I think Belair and Riot would benefit more from a call up because they are unlikely to ever win the NXT Women's Title but are still quality workers. The NXT women's division is crowded right now, especially at the top, and it will be tough for either girl to break into it. The main roster is more wide open and two good workers could carve out a spot for themselves, even if they had to start as henchwomen.

Return to Pro Wrestling