You are Made Chairman of WWE. What would you do to make the company better?

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: You are Made Chairman of WWE. What would you do to make the company better? 

Post#21 » by Spens1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:06 am

improper wrote:I'd strongly consider sending Goldust down to NXT. I think he'd be a great gatekeeper heel there to feud with guys before they enter the NXT Title scene. I'd also add an NXT mid-card title below the main belt so guys like Dillinger can get a chance to hold gold there.

Kind of have mixed feelings about a mid card NXT title. It could be great but it could also detract from some of those guys and say that and it says, they're not good enough for the nxt title. Its a bit of a difficult one that.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#22 » by improper » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:19 am

Spens1 wrote:That is a good question on how. I think if he beat the Undertaker that would have been perfect (its working for roman thats for sure :lol: ), he could have ended the streak and retired the taker and then AA'ed him through a table or something, grabbed the urn and poured ashes over him or something. If they went with the Miz stuff, then yeah sure, him rejecting her there and breaking up with her on the spot would be interesting, then yeah like you said, getting a younger valet.

Now, maybe they go the slow burn and he sees himself losing it and not having it like last year, and then he snaps and destroys a fan favourite then uses 12 years of fuel to go after the fans in a 10-15 minute shoot.

The thing I struggle with is who he'd destroy. Daniel Bryan would have been an obvious choice, but there aren't really any guys that over these days. I guess Styles could work, but Styles and Cena have fought so many times that I think that would lack impact to a certain extent. I mean, the fans would certainly boo it, but I don't think it would be as shocking as him attacking a pure face given their history.

Spens1 wrote:Kind of have mixed feelings about a mid card NXT title. It could be great but it could also detract from some of those guys and say that and it says, they're not good enough for the nxt title. Its a bit of a difficult one that.

Eh...I think it would be a simple acknowledgement that there are a lot of good wrestlers in NXT and, given that main title reigns tend to be pretty long, there is certainly room for a secondary title. I don't think it would really diminish a guy like Dillinger to hold one but not the other. I think most of us view him a mid-card kind of guy. And you could also have guys who hold both, which just props them up further.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#23 » by Spens1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:02 am

improper wrote:
Spens1 wrote:That is a good question on how. I think if he beat the Undertaker that would have been perfect (its working for roman thats for sure :lol: ), he could have ended the streak and retired the taker and then AA'ed him through a table or something, grabbed the urn and poured ashes over him or something. If they went with the Miz stuff, then yeah sure, him rejecting her there and breaking up with her on the spot would be interesting, then yeah like you said, getting a younger valet.

Now, maybe they go the slow burn and he sees himself losing it and not having it like last year, and then he snaps and destroys a fan favourite then uses 12 years of fuel to go after the fans in a 10-15 minute shoot.

The thing I struggle with is who he'd destroy. Daniel Bryan would have been an obvious choice, but there aren't really any guys that over these days. I guess Styles could work, but Styles and Cena have fought so many times that I think that would lack impact to a certain extent. I mean, the fans would certainly boo it, but I don't think it would be as shocking as him attacking a pure face given their history.

Spens1 wrote:Kind of have mixed feelings about a mid card NXT title. It could be great but it could also detract from some of those guys and say that and it says, they're not good enough for the nxt title. Its a bit of a difficult one that.

Eh...I think it would be a simple acknowledgement that there are a lot of good wrestlers in NXT and, given that main title reigns tend to be pretty long, there is certainly room for a secondary title. I don't think it would really diminish a guy like Dillinger to hold one but not the other. I think most of us view him a mid-card kind of guy. And you could also have guys who hold both, which just props them up further.

idk Tye could have had an NXT title run if they wanted to. Its what most people wanted from that crowd.

Bryan or zayn are my picks. He would get so much heat from beating either one dirty.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,588

Post#24 » by Stannis » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:00 am

I haven't really watched wrestling much lately. But somethings I wish they did that would might guys like me watch it religiously again...

(1) Make either Smackdown or RAW PG-13.
(2) Make belts matter. And make them look like real belts again. Enough of putting the "W" logo on everything. It makes everything look so damn branded. I feel that the belts aren't Incorporated in the storylines anymore. Maybe the main champions matter a little bit now, but I feel nobody cares about the tag teams, USA, IC, CW anymore.
(3) Cruiserweights should be high flyers. These matches were awesome openers on Smackdown I remember.
(4) Make RAW 2 hours again. 3 hours is just too long.
(5) Kayfabe
Free Palestine
Spens1
RealGM

Post#25 » by Spens1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:38 am

Stannis wrote:I haven't really watched wrestling much lately. But somethings I wish they did that would might guys like me watch it religiously again...

(1) Make either Smackdown or RAW PG-13.
(2) Make belts matter. And make them look like real belts again. Enough of putting the "W" logo on everything. It makes everything look so damn branded. I feel that the belts aren't Incorporated in the storylines anymore. Maybe the main champions matter a little bit now, but I feel nobody cares about the tag teams, USA, IC, CW anymore.
(3) Cruiserweights should be high flyers. These matches were awesome openers on Smackdown I remember.
(4) Make RAW 2 hours again. 3 hours is just too long.
(5) Kayfabe

both are PG-13, though you wouldn't know it (unless you mean the other goes TV-14).

Anyway so much yes on point 2. the current belts (IC, US and UK title's aside) downright suck and suck badly. even the US title could look better.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#26 » by Spens1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:42 am

On the title belt idea. I'd have the WWE Title and World Heavyweight Title (and retire the universal title because its an abomination).

WWE Championship (RAW):

Just imagine the W instead of the WWF logo.

World Heavyweight Championship (Smackdown):

WWE US Championship (Smackdown)

A design more like the old WCW belt. maybe i'd have it in gold instead but either way, the silver looks nice.

WWE Woman's Championship:

Maybe have the design something like this instead of the big W. Obviously instead of ladies it would say woman and a w instead of the wwf logo. Maybe one title has a red strap, one on a blue one.

Not sure what replaces the pennies though, they are the title that needs to go the most.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#27 » by The_Brecht » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:13 am

The only problem with turning Cena is the fact that everybody would love it.
He would probably get cheers the whole time.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by improper » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:54 am

The_Brecht wrote:The only problem with turning Cena is the fact that everybody would love it.

Not if he smashed indie darlings.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#29 » by Spens1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:44 am

improper wrote:
The_Brecht wrote:The only problem with turning Cena is the fact that everybody would love it.

this.

If i were to do a turn now, i'd have him beat Sami Zayn down (even if he lost) to do it.

I guarantee you, doing that is instant heel heat. Have him feud with guys like Styles etc to build heat and you have the most over heel (after reigns) in the company.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by improper » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Spens1 wrote:
improper wrote:

this.

If i were to do a turn now, i'd have him beat Sami Zayn down (even if he lost) to do it.

I guarantee you, doing that is instant heel heat. Have him feud with guys like Styles etc to build heat and you have the most over heel (after reigns) in the company.

Yup. While we all may love the idea of Cena turning, fans would absolutely boo him against most of the faces in the company, and especially the indie guys. Also worth noting that the fans who actually do cheer for Cena now are mostly kids and moms, and they'd be the ones who would turn on him if he turned heel, so he wouldn't have the 50% support he has right now.

Return to Pro Wrestling