WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs (October 22nd, 2017)

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Re: WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs (October 22nd, 2017) 

Post#141 » by Mich3006 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:30 am

improper wrote:Side note...I loved that Cole felt he had to explain that a garbage truck takes garbage to the dump.

:lol: The garbage truck should pick up Cole as well. I hate him.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#142 » by bestnamezRtaken » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:49 pm

They needed to do something big with the change up. They promised a Shield reunion with Rollins/Ambrose/Reigns. So I understand why they used Kurt's big in ring return on this PPV. Because the fans who spent money to go to that PPV would have been pissed if it was someone else. Having Styles at the PPV to take on Balor is very smart by WWE as well to help get the crowd's mind off the fact that no Roman Reigns for the Shield return match...I hope Vince was paying attention during that match. It was an awesome match that could have been even better if those two had more time to prepare. I think they were holding back a bit though, imagine if they was the main event for a title...oh man the possibilities (throw in Shinsuke too, hahaha). The Too Sweet gesture at the end was great. Put those two in a stable with G&A and let's get a real f'ing stable going.

The main event had some good false finishes where I swear the Miz was about to weasel his way to a ruined victory. I could have seen them letting him get the W on Kurt after the SCF where he snuck up on Kurt after just coming back and destroying everyone. That Angleslam Cesaro took on the table outside, was pretty awesome. He just chucked him aside and kept walking.

My wife, before the match said "I think it would be cool to see Kane V Braun sometime"....looks like we'll be getting that, whether it's tonight or next week. I just hope that if they do try to turn it into a feud of sorts, that they only extend it to one PPV...or maybe just a couple of weeks. We don't need 1-3 months of them going at it.

Overall, a much better PPV with Roman and Bray out. Hopefully this killed the Bray/Balor feud too.

Also yes, Elias is great. Was hoping he'd get the win but meh...oh well. I hope they don't screw this character over, he's a lot of fun to watch. #walkswithElias
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#143 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Elias getting two segments had me rolling
Do it for Chuck
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#144 » by DJhitek » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Butch718 wrote:
improper wrote:Bold move by the WWE to kill off a popular character like Braun.

No. He’s coming back as the Super Shredder.

:lol:

Exactly what it reminded me of.

That said, I was thoroughly entertained by the PPV. The wackiness was fantastic.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#145 » by iMoreland » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:13 pm

I think this is the most posts we've gotten on a PPV thread since Mania. They must be doing something right.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#146 » by WRau1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:47 pm

On paper, the PPV should not have been as good as it was. I think a big part of that was replacing Wyatt with Styles but also the CW & Bliss-James matches delivered big. Congrats to the WWE for putting on (or most likely, lucking) into one of the better RAW ppvs of the year.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#147 » by Stanford » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:02 pm

iMoreland wrote:I think this is the most posts we've gotten on a PPV thread since Mania. They must be doing something right.

Or a bunch of us just happened to have nothing to do on the same Sunday night.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#148 » by improper » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 pm

iMoreland wrote:I think this is the most posts we've gotten on a PPV thread since Mania. They must be doing something right.

Ironically, what they are doing right is getting lucky that Reigns got sick and forced them to add Angle to the card, which actually made people want to tune in and see it.

Also, conspiracy theory time...given the dubious way they talked about Roman's illness, I think they may have held him off of this card due to the low attendance at recent Raw and Smackdown tapings. I think they were worried this PPV was going to bomb against Sunday night football, and they didn't want Roman to have to be the fall guy given that they've been pushing him as their top guy for three years now. So instead, they use Bray's illness to write Roman off as well and insert Angle into the main event. If it bombs, they can then say that no one cares about Angle anymore, oh well. If it succeeds, they can pretend it would have succeeded regardless.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#149 » by Max Green » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:20 pm

WRau1 wrote:On paper, the PPV should not have been as good as it was. I think a big part of that was replacing Wyatt with Styles but also the CW & Bliss-James matches delivered big. Congrats to the WWE for putting on (or most likely, lucking) into one of the better RAW ppvs of the year.

Probably the best top to bottom Raw PPV I can remember in at least a year.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#150 » by Spens1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Ayatollah wrote:Since Kane was added to the main event I knew this bout will be weird... I was right. At least Kane will be "killed" by Braun tonight at RAW.

Spens1 wrote:I will say this, AJ losing before the WWE title match, are they high? What's their excuse going to be, he didn't have time to prepare?

Anyway it was a great match but why oh why did they think it was a good idea to have AJ lose, also no good brothers coming out, i am disappoint. Still, the too sweet was great.

This alone was so much better than Bray vs Balor ever could have been. MOTN and its probably top 5 for the year.

It was a RAW ppv, so it was obvious that Balor will win this match IMO.

still not that wise though even if it is a raw PPV, but at this stage, getting the title off of Jinder anyway way, anyhow is worth it.

Return to Pro Wrestling