WWE SmackDown Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion II 

Post#641 » by Dominator83 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:26 am

Tonights episode wasn't bad at all. liked the way this was more of an episode for building up feuds/storys
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#642 » by tugs » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:00 am

Great episode. Just about right.

My concern with the women now is that Becky and Charlotte are booked so strong relative to the others. Not that it's Becky's or Charlotte's fault, but creative needs to step up with the character development of the other female wrestlers. It's like those two can run over the whole division now. They're just so complete and the others got stale.

Don't even know if Charlotte's a tweener now. It's just so convincing that she can win over anyone.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#643 » by Spens1 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:52 am

Good episode tonight, Bryan is a really good creepy heel. Shane and Miz as a heel team, that's intersting to say the least (honestly, i wouldn't be opposed to Sami & Owens vs Miz & Shane at mania, would be some good continuation at least).

I hope they're not trying to use Becky's momentum to get Charlotte over (Becky's twitter game is on point on this part :lol: )
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#644 » by Scott Hall » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:55 am

So Shane McMahon isn't pissed Smackdown went 1-6 at Survivor Series? Next to no mention of it? No consequences?
Nothing coming out of it?

Just brutal
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,038

Post#645 » by daoneandonly » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Scott Hall wrote:So Shane McMahon isn't pissed Smackdown went 1-6 at Survivor Series? Next to no mention of it? No consequences?

Just brutal

This!!

I don't get how some thought this was a good episode, the only interesting/good segment was the Daniel Bryan promo. Everything else was pure trash. if SD was going to get obliterated at survivor Series, at the very least they could have incorporated that into an interesting storyline where Shane goes bazerk and the roster fears for their job security

And what's with the fans in relation to the women and men. When a huge popular guy like Braun and Bryan turn heel, they get booed or at the very least, cheered much less as expected, but when a woman does, she's beloved. Charlotte was hated mere weeks ago, now she's a huge face after a vicious turn, okay.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#646 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Would be cool to see Charlotte and Becky become a team, an unstoppable force in the division. Though, with this feud of Ronda v Charlotte v Becky...are they slowly trying to ease in 4HW v 4HW battle? I know Bayley and Sasha are on Raw but so is Ronda. Like, I could see Becky and Charlotte being too much for Ronda on her own, so she has to call for back up and in comes Shayna Bazler to help poor lil Ronda. Then some how add in the other 4 remaining women into the equation somehow.

That's gotta be it. Becky getting hurt has helped WWE with their creative control. Not only was Becky calling out Ronda, but now that she was out, insert Charlotte to go ballistic on her at SS and now Ronda is feuding with 2 out of 4 HW.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#647 » by Stanford » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:08 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Would be cool to see Charlotte and Becky become a team, an unstoppable force in the division. Though, with this feud of Ronda v Charlotte v Becky...are they slowly trying to ease in 4HW v 4HW battle? I know Bayley and Sasha are on Raw but so is Ronda. Like, I could see Becky and Charlotte being too much for Ronda on her own, so she has to call for back up and in comes Shayna Bazler to help poor lil Ronda. Then some how add in the other 4 remaining women into the equation somehow.

That's gotta be it. Becky getting hurt has helped WWE with their creative control. Not only was Becky calling out Ronda, but now that she was out, insert Charlotte to go ballistic on her at SS and now Ronda is feuding with 2 out of 4 HW.

The Two Woman Power Trip. I like it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else Bryan adds to his character.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#648 » by Spens1 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:23 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:So Shane McMahon isn't pissed Smackdown went 1-6 at Survivor Series? Next to no mention of it? No consequences?

Just brutal

This!!

I don't get how some thought this was a good episode, the only interesting/good segment was the Daniel Bryan promo. Everything else was pure trash. if SD was going to get obliterated at survivor Series, at the very least they could have incorporated that into an interesting storyline where Shane goes bazerk and the roster fears for their job security

And what's with the fans in relation to the women and men. When a huge popular guy like Braun and Bryan turn heel, they get booed or at the very least, cheered much less as expected, but when a woman does, she's beloved. Charlotte was hated mere weeks ago, now she's a huge face after a vicious turn, okay.

That is true, they completely neglected that, but it may be for the better since the storyline was literally the Mcmahon sibling rivalry.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#649 » by improper » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:20 pm

Just brutal

When I read the recap I was wondering if the writers just forgot about Survivor Series already. :lol:
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#650 » by loserX » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Yeah, didn't Shane even explicitly say something on Sunday about changes or consequences or something like that? Was surprised that it was completely shrugged off in a matter of seconds on SD.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,216

Post#651 » by LLJ » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Just brutal

Shane on twitter after Survivor Series: "There will be some changes on Smackdown, that's for sure!"

Ron Howard narration: "There weren't."
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#652 » by improper » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:50 pm

LLJ wrote:Shane on twitter after Survivor Series: "There will be some changes on Smackdown, that's for sure!"

Ron Howard narration: "There weren't."

bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#653 » by bestnamezRtaken » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:26 am

Wait, what are you guys talking about??
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

Spens1
RealGM

Post#654 » by Spens1 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:54 am

apparently they were meant to do some kind of shake up again. or at least announce one to be held in the coming weeks, but didn't.

Also there was supposed to be some angle between paige and shane on this and a few of the superstars on the survivor series team.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#655 » by loserX » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:18 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Wait, what are you guys talking about??

At the PPV, Raw "swept" all the matches (the only match won by a Smackdown wrestler was the New Day winning on the kickoff show). Supposedly at the end of the PPV, Shane said something about being upset and that there would be fallout on Tuesday. So the rumours came up that there would be trades or new feuds or Paige replaced or *something*.

The actual fallout on Tuesday apparently consisted of Shane shrugging and saying "well, that wasn't the way it was supposed to go", the end.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#656 » by bestnamezRtaken » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:22 pm

Well the Usos won that match but I don't know what you guys are talking about. Shane never said anything like that. Nope. Can't prove it. You can try but it'll be fake news.

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#657 » by Scott Hall » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:58 am

A friend of mine sent this to me and I couldn't agree more with Tazz
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#658 » by Stanford » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:23 pm

It's not healthy to get this angry about wrestling
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#659 » by improper » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:49 pm

Stanford wrote:It's not healthy to get this angry about wrestling

When I watch main roster WWE, I usually just get sad rather than angry. So much misused talent.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#660 » by tugs » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:47 am

Please keep Becky away from Twitter. Less is more.

Return to Pro Wrestling