Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion II 

Post#1821 » by iMoreland » Thu May 6, 2021 6:54 pm

They better have the giant fist for this throwback SmackDown
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1822 » by iMoreland » Sat May 8, 2021 3:41 pm

SmackDown has become the Roman Reigns show and it's great. Almost every segment has something to do with him, or Heyman, or an Uso. Every time he's on screen he oozes star power. It's all well booked and makes sense too.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#1823 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat May 8, 2021 5:07 pm

Sami Zayn is hilarious btw
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,528

Post#1824 » by Dr Positivity » Sat May 8, 2021 7:13 pm

Jimmy's return was played pretty well... I thought Reigns and Jey would turn on him there but maybe it will be longer storyline, or he'll be on their side after all.

Rollins headed for a face turn it seems.

I think Bianca will end up being a pretty good promo. Better than Ripley is right now for sure, although I prefer Ripley as a wrestler.
tres
Sophomore
And1: 208

Post#1825 » by tres » Sat May 15, 2021 2:02 am

Ok, I’ll gladly eat my crow. Roman Reigns was just flat out amazing on the mic all night. WWE really has me loving this Reigns & Usos storyline.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#1826 » by Dr Positivity » Sat May 15, 2021 4:46 pm

Shinsuke back in a crown is a good way to spice up his character. Though they could've just ran a new king of the ring to crown him.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#1827 » by Dominator83 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:15 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Shinsuke back in a crown is a good way to spice up his character. Though they could've just ran a new king of the ring to crown him.

Those tournaments used to be the best thing they did
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1828 » by jakecronus8 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:43 am

Read on Twitter
Do it for Chuck
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1829 » by iMoreland » Sat May 22, 2021 8:12 am

I like the idea of Aleister and Big E feuding, but not right now. Neither should be taking a loss at the moment, but one's gonna have to.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1830 » by The_Brecht » Sat May 22, 2021 10:20 am

I really loved the fatal 4 way.

Black really has to win the feud with Big E.
Otherwise he's new gimmick is buried before it really begins.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1831 » by tugs » Sat May 22, 2021 10:48 am

Man, Aleister is possibly in the best shape of his life. The continuity with his eye issues is also interesting.

Why Big E tho? Fans have been waiting for Black's return, technically a face. Yes he has a dark gimmick but still, go after E?
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1832 » by iMoreland » Sun May 23, 2021 8:05 am

Rick Boogs is either gonna be the next Elias or the next megastar, no in between
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1833 » by The_Brecht » Sun May 23, 2021 8:22 am

iMoreland wrote:Rick Boogs is either gonna be the next Elias or the next megastar, no in between

I like the pairing with Nakamura.
Energetic, charismatic duo.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1834 » by tugs » Sun May 23, 2021 11:30 am

Prefer his previous name though
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,818

Post#1835 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 24, 2021 4:08 am

iMoreland wrote:I like the idea of Aleister and Big E feuding, but not right now. Neither should be taking a loss at the moment, but one's gonna have to.

I think you have Big E lose the feud because you've invested a lot in these promos for Black. And you make Big E look strong by having him start the feud still being very much New Day and having fun and doing his gyrating and you have him end the feud all ticked off and realizing if he wants to be a main event guy he has to buckle down and then you have serious Big E just squashing dudes right on the heels of this feud.

That's how I'd book it anyway.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#1836 » by Dr Positivity » Thu May 27, 2021 3:00 am

Great fatal four way and ending

Big E is the most likely MITB winner in my opinion so even if Black wins the feud you can just make Big E win that and get momentum back. I'm a little surprised they didn't do Big E vs Apollo Hell in a Cell to end the feud that never ends.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1837 » by iMoreland » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:56 pm

If they really are about to do a bunch of call ups, this would be a good way to bring up Santos Escobar/Legado del Fantasma

Read on Twitter
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#1838 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:30 pm

Reigns is basically abuser tactics 101. Nice job by him/WWE creating a psychological profile with subtleties for a character like that. I think to keep that type of storyline with people he can he can fight (they could give his wife airtime or do a thing with Heyman for non-wrestlers) they need someone he has a relationship with enough to have power over them, so if they turn Rollins face and feud with him maybe it could work based on the brotherhood relationship. The Mysterio HIAC feels rushed and it would have worked better if a MITB PPV was first, plus someone beating up Dom has been done before (but throwing him outside the ring was cool, they Elias-Corbin-ed it though?) but I'm glad Reigns is in HIAC cause I wouldn't skip any opportunities to pad his record there. He is 3-0-1 so while it will never be the Undertaker streak or anything, with a few more years of wins you could build it to a point where its part of the storyline that he is unbeatable final boss level in Hell in a Cell.

Otis with no beard look is a great move and in retrospect should have happened as soon as he turned heel. He felt way more mean and serious although I'm interested to see him talking.

I don't really understand what's going on face/heel wise with Carmella and Liv since the latter had turned heel kind of, unless the plan is for Liv to steal her gimmick, a heel character based on her looks wouldn't be that bad of a move considering her singles career is otherwise going nowhere. On the other hand I think Carmella being a rich wine drinking snob was more interesting than trying to play the hot angle.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1839 » by tugs » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:09 am

Dr Positivity wrote:Reigns is basically abuser tactics 101. Nice job by him/WWE creating a psychological profile with subtleties for a character like that. I think to keep that type of storyline with people he can he can fight (they could give his wife airtime or do a thing with Heyman for non-wrestlers) they need someone he has a relationship with enough to have power over them, so if they turn Rollins face and feud with him maybe it could work based on the brotherhood relationship. The Mysterio HIAC feels rushed and it would have worked better if a MITB PPV was first, plus someone beating up Dom has been done before (but throwing him outside the ring was cool, they Elias-Corbin-ed it though?) but I'm glad Reigns is in HIAC cause I wouldn't skip any opportunities to pad his record there. He is 3-0-1 so while it will never be the Undertaker streak or anything, with a few more years of wins you could build it to a point where its part of the storyline that he is unbeatable final boss level in Hell in a Cell.

Otis with no beard look is a great move and in retrospect should have happened as soon as he turned heel. He felt way more mean and serious although I'm interested to see him talking.

I don't really understand what's going on face/heel wise with Carmella and Liv since the latter had turned heel kind of, unless the plan is for Liv to steal her gimmick, a heel character based on her looks wouldn't be that bad of a move considering her singles career is otherwise going nowhere. On the other hand I think Carmella being a rich wine drinking snob was more interesting than trying to play the hot angle.

I've never been excited for this relatable character of Reigns since Rey's underdog gimmick. I agree that another streak must be made into a big deal again, it makes a personality larger than life. As for a feud with another face, I agree with the brotherhood angle but I think Rollins has been overexposed as a face now and has been killing it as a heel. Maybe find another linkage?

And Otis man o man. Feels like he's a mob boss' hitman with that look. Thinking of a gear change but anything other than the current would veer away from the Alpha Academy character.

As for Liv, uhm, sure whatever would make her standout. Was really hoping she would've been repackaged with Alexa's gimmick but that's that. For Mela it was a premature break-up with Reginald. She doesn't need this hot angle, but it could work until Eva Marie takes it back lol
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1840 » by iMoreland » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:52 am

What

Read on Twitter

Return to Pro Wrestling