WWE SmackDown Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,925

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion II 

Post#1181 » by tugs » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:23 am

Only saving grace for Billie and Peyton is follow these solo losses with convincing tag team wins. Alright, sure, they're "weak" as individual wrestlers but there should be no way they'll lose as a tag team from here on out. Play on that as their story and I won't bitch about it anymore.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1182 » by iMoreland » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:01 am

KO is great
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#1183 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:18 pm

It's a shame the IIconics are getting booked so poorly as the champs. The champs should NEVER lose matches. It's dumb.

KO is awesome. Why people keep trusting him, is beyond funny. :lol:
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
tugs
RealGM

Post#1184 » by tugs » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:19 am

Bayley and Becky's back and forth tweets are amusing.

And oh, keep retain that colorway for Bayley's ring gear, looks a lot better. And please, please, please a decent gear for Becky. I'd settle for the fishnet, jean shorts, and sleeveless The Man shirt. Kinda like a female Austin.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1185 » by WRau1 » Thu May 2, 2019 4:22 am

Why isn't Aleister Black in the MITB match? Weak.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#1186 » by daoneandonly » Fri May 3, 2019 1:41 pm

WRau1 wrote:Why isn't Aleister Black in the MITB match? Weak.

Yeah he should be, but at least the SD side is pretty good. Raw is garbage. First off, if someone is unsuccessful in their cash in, i.e. Corbin and Strowman, they shouldn't be allowed entry anymore. These 2 spots should have gone to guys who would have made the match more exciting, doesn't even have to be a young guy, any two of Lashley, Mysterio, or Joe would have been better options. heck, even the AOP guy who isn't injured wouldve been better.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#1187 » by bestnamezRtaken » Fri May 3, 2019 4:37 pm

I'll agree with you on that point, if you've been in the match and won the MITB and FAILED...you don't get to be put back in it. I like that.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#1188 » by daoneandonly » Fri May 3, 2019 5:10 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:I'll agree with you on that point, if you've been in the match and won the MITB and FAILED...you don't get to be put back in it. I like that.

See I'm not a complete moron, we can agree on some things :)
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#1189 » by bestnamezRtaken » Fri May 3, 2019 5:16 pm

I was actually going to say, "This is the first time I've seen you say something logical, ever" but I couldn't remember if it was you or someone else. :lol:
I'm terrible when it comes to remember names, even on the internet.

But real talk though, it's legit a great idea.

improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1190 » by improper » Fri May 3, 2019 8:03 pm

Yeah, I'd be totally down for that.

No idea why guys like Corbin and Strowman are in the match to begin with. I don't feel like either guy is well-suited for a MITB match.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1191 » by iMoreland » Sat May 4, 2019 9:01 pm

Shane should just give AOP the SD tag titles and in exchange they become his muscle.

Read on Twitter
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#1192 » by JohnPferdelack » Sat May 4, 2019 9:30 pm

"Great news!"...Nope!
Gauntlet Match? battle royal?
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1193 » by Spens1 » Wed May 8, 2019 3:53 am

This smackdown

The WWE is something else. Their answer to ratings is more McMahon's.

Main event was good but come on now, without a story of a build it means nothing.

Also the womans revolution has been cancelled, they had Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville go over Ember Moon. Really, why not pin Carmella instead of someone who actually has some talent (and i'm pretty sure is the next contender after Charlotte).

Lars at least is somewhat fun, i guess (in a Strowman kind of way).

The whole family needs to let go, give the reigns creatively to someone else with a clue (if Heyman still has it in him, along with Sapolsky, Ryan Ward, Quackenbush with maybe some HHH and his writers) cause that entire family doesn't seem to understand how to write a competent wrestling program anymore.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1194 » by tugs » Wed May 8, 2019 4:09 am

Yeah who wants this long Shane-Miz program? Miz is a million bucks on the mic and you just have him randomly attack?

I'm also getting fed up with Kofi, AJ, and Usos.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#1195 » by loserX » Wed May 8, 2019 4:15 pm

tugs wrote:Yeah who wants this long Shane-Miz program? Miz is a million bucks on the mic and you just have him randomly attack?

What were AJ and the Usos even doing there? I know there was some nonsense about "Wild Card rules"...is there a brand split or what?

I mean in the end it doesn't really matter, but don't make such a big deal about a "Superstar Shakeup" when the guys who move just end up on their original show a week later.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,861

Post#1196 » by Stanford » Wed May 8, 2019 5:33 pm

tugs wrote:Only saving grace for Billie and Peyton is follow these solo losses with convincing tag team wins. Alright, sure, they're "weak" as individual wrestlers but there should be no way they'll lose as a tag team from here on out. Play on that as their story and I won't bitch about it anymore.

Yeah, that almost works better as a story. They're better together than as singles competitors. Almost like they're a team!
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1197 » by Flames24Rulz » Wed May 8, 2019 7:06 pm

loserX wrote:
tugs wrote:Yeah who wants this long Shane-Miz program? Miz is a million bucks on the mic and you just have him randomly attack?

What were AJ and the Usos even doing there? I know there was some nonsense about "Wild Card rules"...is there a brand split or what?

I mean in the end it doesn't really matter, but don't make such a big deal about a "Superstar Shakeup" when the guys who move just end up on their original show a week later.

Totally agree. This wild card thing is legit one of the dumbest things they've done in quite some time, and that's saying something. Just end the brand split if you're going to do something like this.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1198 » by improper » Wed May 8, 2019 9:24 pm

The wild card rule pretty much just shows that WWE has no idea what the problem is. Their solution isn't going to be better storylines or creating new stars. It's going to be throwing a few extra wrestlers onto the opposite show each night and hoping that does the trick. It's a band-aid on a bullet wound.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#1199 » by bestnamezRtaken » Thu May 9, 2019 11:59 am

I think I had read that Vince did the wild card rule due to pressure from the networks. I know I'm one who jabs at people for bringing up that other company, but hopefully when that company actually gets going and Vince sees that, even though new and small right now, will be competition. The best thing to happen to the WWF/E was the Monday Night Wars.

LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#1200 » by LLJ » Thu May 9, 2019 3:06 pm

Vince probably doesn't really want to break the brand split so the Wildcard rule is a compromise.

I've slagged on the WWE a lot lately but I actually agree with Vince that the WWE needs the brand split. They have too many people in the company and merging them together would just force more people off TV.

Now, I know even with the brand split they are doing that anyway, but that's the execution part of the equation which I've spent endless posts criticizing the company for. But the theory behind the brand split is sound.

You can tell the WWE is reeling somewhat now. They've gone back to Roman as the selling point now for the company and as discussed weeks ago, the women's stuff leading into Wrestlemania was tanking the company's ratings. Unfortunately it seems the WWE might be noticing because it looks like (from what I've reviewed on my break) the women had maybe a total of 15 minutes of screen time on both Smackdown and RAW combined this week. Becky was only onscreen this week for maybe a little over 3 minutes? The division has been put on ice.

Return to Pro Wrestling