WWE SmackDown Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion II 

Post#141 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:27 am

Yeah, just ring the damn bell you jerk! Haha
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#142 » by Spens1 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:00 am

I just realised, Orton vs Mahal for the US belt...... That's just all kinds of messed up. That is a cruel and unusual punshiment towards the fans (has to be for that wrestlemania main event).

Also Rusev needs to ask for a release, they need to put some respek on his name.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,925

Post#143 » by tugs » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:39 am

Rusev is on a downward spiral. Now booked in a Casket Match vs Taker. Guess we all know who's winning that one.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,925

Post#144 » by tugs » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:03 pm

You guys think AJ landing on Bryan's head was a botch?

Also, what's with the low blows?! Read somewhere:

"Knee to Face, Face to Heel, Arm to Balls" :D
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#145 » by loserX » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Spens1 wrote:I just realised, Orton vs Mahal for the US belt...... That's just all kinds of messed up. That is a cruel and unusual punshiment towards the fans (has to be for that wrestlemania main event).

Yeah I can't think of a single rationale for this program. Other than watching Randy spam RKOs from time to time, do any fans care at all about either guy at this point?
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#146 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:30 pm

loserX wrote:
Spens1 wrote:I just realised, Orton vs Mahal for the US belt...... That's just all kinds of messed up. That is a cruel and unusual punshiment towards the fans (has to be for that wrestlemania main event).

Yeah I can't think of a single rationale for this program. Other than watching Randy spam RKOs from time to time, do any fans care at all about either guy at this point?

It's terrible. We don't need this feud again. It wasn't great the first time around and it wont be great a second time around.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#147 » by Dominator83 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:38 pm

tugs wrote:Rusev is on a downward spiral. Now booked in a Casket Match vs Taker. Guess we all know who's winning that one.

Yep. It would be more fitting if they made it a Buried Alive match instead :lol:
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#148 » by improper » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Dominater wrote:
tugs wrote:Rusev is on a downward spiral. Now booked in a Casket Match vs Taker. Guess we all know who's winning that one.

Yep. It would be more fitting if they made it a Buried Alive match instead :lol:

Imagine how much better WWE would be if they actually rewarded guys like Rusev who got themselves over regardless of how terrible of a gimmick they were given instead of punishing them for having the gall to get over when it wasn't planned.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#149 » by Dominator83 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:53 pm

improper wrote:
Dominater wrote:

Imagine how much better WWE would be if they actually rewarded guys like Rusev who got themselves over regardless of how terrible of a gimmick they were given instead of punishing them for having the gall to get over when it wasn't planned.

I agree. Same went for Zach Ryder. They even set him up for a built in feud with Cena when he kissed Ryders GF after Ryder got injured helping Cena with kane. How great would it have been to, even a year later, have Ryder come out and kick the crap out of Cena costing him a title match or something?

CM Punk did have one thing correct: Mcmahon is a millionaire that should be a billionaire. How much money has he lost over the years by not capitalizing on golden stars and/or feuds?

Also, a guy like John Morrison could have been the next Sean Michaels, imo, if he was pushed properly

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#150 » by improper » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:00 pm

Dominater wrote:I agree. Same went for Zach Ryder. They even set him up for a built in feud with Cena when he kissed Ryders GF after Ryder got injured helping Cena with kane. How great would it have been to, even a year later, have Ryder come out and kick the crap out of Cena costing him a title match or something?

CM Punk did have one thing correct: Mcmahon is a millionaire that should be a billionaire. How much money has he lost over the years by not capitalizing on golden stars and/or feuds?

Also, a guy like John Morrison could have been the next Sean Michaels, imo, if he was pushed properly

Personally, I think this is the reason you see a lot of guys that seem like they're just coasting on the main roster. I have to imagine there's a sense that, no matter how good you are and how well you are able to present yourself and connect with the fans, your ceiling is ultimately what Vince McMahon decides it is.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#151 » by iMoreland » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:37 pm

Dominater wrote: CM Punk did have one thing correct: Mcmahon is a millionaire that should be a billionaire. How much money has he lost over the years by not capitalizing on golden stars and/or feuds?

He is a billionaire actually
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#152 » by Dominator83 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:43 pm

iMoreland wrote:
Dominater wrote: CM Punk did have one thing correct: Mcmahon is a millionaire that should be a billionaire. How much money has he lost over the years by not capitalizing on golden stars and/or feuds?

He is a billionaire actually

Did his stock really rebound that much??

Even if so, it will drop off soon enough when his XFL relaunch fails miserably

LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#153 » by LLJ » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:47 pm

iMoreland wrote:Makes sense for Charlotte to go to Raw now and Asuka to come to SD

That is likely exactly what is going to happen. Some fans online have seen Live ads advertising both on the other brand already.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#154 » by iMoreland » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:53 am

SmackDown is so easy to book for the next 12 months

– The Miz wins Money in the Bank

– Daniel Bryan beats Shinsuke Nakamura at SummerSlam for the WWE Championship (could be a triple threat with AJ Styles), The Miz cashes in Money in the Bank on him

– Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble

– Daniel Bryan vs The Miz at WrestleMania 35 for the WWE Championship
Spens1
RealGM

Post#155 » by Spens1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:12 pm

iMoreland wrote:SmackDown is so easy to book for the next 12 months

– The Miz wins Money in the Bank

– Daniel Bryan beats Shinsuke Nakamura at SummerSlam for the WWE Championship (could be a triple threat with AJ Styles), The Miz cashes in Money in the Bank on him

– Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble

– Daniel Bryan vs The Miz at WrestleMania 35 for the WWE Championship

I can get behind this scenario. Bryan chasing him and then getting his culmination is the smart matchup i'd say. I'd say you can have Styles vs the Club in a blood feud and Nakamura can find something also.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,033

Post#156 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:18 pm

Yeah think Jeff hardy goes to SD with the US Title, if Balor goes too, SD is kind of stacked, AJ/Bryan/Nakamura/Hardy/Balor/Miz, you can have a lot of fun with any combination of matchups there.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#157 » by Spens1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:19 pm

Smackdown i think is about to get a lot more stacked than it has been this year. The pieces they got rid of where not really good or where majorly underwhelming, even some of the worst parts of the show (all of them, Natalya, Riott Squad, Mahal, Roode, Orton, Rawley), the only people mildly entertaining they got where Breezdango and Lynch (and she was misused).

Unless they send raw's rubbish over to smackdown then they'll win this (hopefully they send Ward back to smackdown and get the dogg on the road and send him packing to raw where his input is minimised).

Wonder who is coming up also (Almas perhaps).

My Hope is:
Seth Rollins AND Dean Ambrose (yeah both, Smackdown Dean Ambrose was about the 2nd best thing next to AJ Styles that year).
The Club (All 3 members)
The Revival (especially since AOP are on Raw, they need to get the hell of raw).
Bayley + Asuka (though Asuka is kind of smackdown anyway and Bayley needs a reset)

and i'm happy they're hitting reset on the Miz, the Miztorage is great but what had me believing in him as a proper universal title chance is 2016 Miz, that guy was a main eventer waiting to happen.

With a good roster and some good booking (maybe with some HHH backing), maybe they can bring smackdown back to that 2016 level.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#158 » by bestnamezRtaken » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:59 pm

I am so ready for the Miz to be in the main event picture and having a title reign. He's just so good right now. Very underrated talent.

daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#159 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:I am so ready for the Miz to be in the main event picture and having a title reign. He's just so good right now. Very underrated talent.

yes he deserves it, and a feud with DB is main event worthy
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#160 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Spens1 wrote:Smackdown i think is about to get a lot more stacked than it has been this year. The pieces they got rid of where not really good or where majorly underwhelming, even some of the worst parts of the show (all of them, Natalya, Riott Squad, Mahal, Roode, Orton, Rawley), the only people mildly entertaining they got where Breezdango and Lynch (and she was misused).

Unless they send raw's rubbish over to smackdown then they'll win this (hopefully they send Ward back to smackdown and get the dogg on the road and send him packing to raw where his input is minimised).

Wonder who is coming up also (Almas perhaps).

My Hope is:
Seth Rollins AND Dean Ambrose (yeah both, Smackdown Dean Ambrose was about the 2nd best thing next to AJ Styles that year).
The Club (All 3 members)
The Revival (especially since AOP are on Raw, they need to get the hell of raw).
Bayley + Asuka (though Asuka is kind of smackdown anyway and Bayley needs a reset)

and i'm happy they're hitting reset on the Miz, the Miztorage is great but what had me believing in him as a proper universal title chance is 2016 Miz, that guy was a main eventer waiting to happen.

With a good roster and some good booking (maybe with some HHH backing), maybe they can bring smackdown back to that 2016 level.

Are you sure Lynch was moved? I didn't see that anywhere.

Return to Pro Wrestling