WWE SmackDown Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion II 

Post#1481 » by improper » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:23 pm

LLJ wrote:888k viewers on Friday. Even for FS1, that's a disastrously horrible rating for the so-called 'A' show.

Literally the worst ratings Smackdown has ever had. The next lowest was 1.6 million when it was on SyFy. :lol:
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,565

Post#1482 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:27 pm

Can anyone who's at Crown Jewel even appear at this Friday's Smackdown? I'm sure it will be a ratings barnburner.

Maybe they should've just made it a faux-Evolution with all women's belts defended
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,242

Post#1483 » by LLJ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:08 am

Scott Hall wrote:
It's funny you mention her facial expressions because that was something I was gonna originally put in my post
but I forgot. Outside of the original heel turn she's been back to giggling and smiley Bayley. When she was doing
commentary it was like she was being herself and not playing a character. I thought for awhile it was because of
WWE's poor booking but I think she just doesn't have "It".

Her acting reminds me of Roman Reigns... It's like whenever Reigns is mad, sad, happy etc he's always talking in
that same monotone style with no change in presentation all his promos sound exactly the same.

Bayley just isn't a natural heel, although the WWE has put in a LOT effort with her this year. They **** up in 2017 with Bayley. She came on the roster super over and was over as a babyface champion (though she won WAY too soon) but the Alexa angle really hurt her.

Some people are better off one or the other and Bayley's simply more comfortable as a babyface everywoman type.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1484 » by Scott Hall » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:20 am

LLJ wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
It's funny you mention her facial expressions because that was something I was gonna originally put in my post
but I forgot. Outside of the original heel turn she's been back to giggling and smiley Bayley. When she was doing
commentary it was like she was being herself and not playing a character. I thought for awhile it was because of
WWE's poor booking but I think she just doesn't have "It".

Her acting reminds me of Roman Reigns... It's like whenever Reigns is mad, sad, happy etc he's always talking in
that same monotone style with no change in presentation all his promos sound exactly the same.

Bayley just isn't a natural heel, although the WWE has put in a LOT effort with her this year. They **** up in 2017 with Bayley. She came on the roster super over and was over as a babyface champion (though she won WAY too soon) but the Alexa angle really hurt her.

Some people are better off one or the other and Bayley's simply more comfortable as a babyface everywoman type.

I thought there was no way you could turn Kairi Sane Heel... how can you boo her she's freaking adorable and
seems just nice, polite and overall pleasant and low and behold she's been doing a solid job being a heel so
far with her mannerisms and facial expressions.

Bayley has zero personality there is so many women that would have been able to pull off her child like character
so much better. She's like Fin Balor in some regards I know they had some good matches in NXT that had people
buzzing but both of them have the personality of a rock and can't cut a promo to save their life. Both have no
future in acting either like Rock, Batista and Cena. Bayley just comes across as a fan playing a wrestler to me.
LLJ
RealGM

Post#1485 » by LLJ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:27 am

Asuka and Kairi already act and FEEL like top female heels, and this is with the WWE basically half assing their heel turns and them speaking 0 english so far, unlike with Bayley and to a lesser extent Sasha where they've put A LOT more effort into this year. Sasha IS potentially a better heel than face, but I can't help but watch those two on Smackdown and feel they're miscast right now in their roles.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,931

Post#1486 » by Stanford » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:56 am

I love Kairi's new look. Unlike most wrestlers, she benefits from a whole bunch of whole bunch of adornments and accessories.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1487 » by improper » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:35 am

Scott Hall wrote:Bayley has zero personality there is so many women that would have been able to pull off her child like character
so much better. She's like Fin Balor in some regards I know they had some good matches in NXT that had people
buzzing but both of them have the personality of a rock and can't cut a promo to save their life. Both have no
future in acting either like Rock, Batista and Cena. Bayley just comes across as a fan playing a wrestler to me.

I think Balor is going to be much better as a heel. That was his bread and butter in NJPW. I also think bringing out the demon will work much better with a heel persona, and hopefully when he does go demon he'll change up his style a bit in the ring to be more vicious. One of the things I've always disliked about Balor is how, when he'd put on the paint, he'd wrestle the same damn match he always works.

Mostly agree on Bayley. Think she's largely just a good hand without a ton of personality. You can see how easily Asuka and Kairi outclass her in that regard even though they barely speak English. They're just naturals when it comes to wrestling. Their mannerisms are always on point and they can work face or heel without skipping a beat. It's how most of us instantly knew they were turning heel at Hell in a Cell. Just the little things they did differently, like when Kairi walked the plank and then poked Nikki in the eyes (my favorite moment from that PPV, by the way...laughed out loud).

Some wrestlers just have it. Some just don't.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1488 » by iMoreland » Sat Nov 2, 2019 1:15 am

Are they about to put the NXT Title on Daniel Bryan lmao. I wouldn't hate it. I can see Bryan moving to NXT too to combat AEW

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1489 » by iMoreland » Sat Nov 2, 2019 1:21 am

This may be the best SD ever

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,931

Post#1490 » by Stanford » Sat Nov 2, 2019 1:25 am

Two consecutive posts praising SD!

whoa. I'm taking notice...
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#1491 » by tugs » Sat Nov 2, 2019 1:40 am

Not sure how they'll proceed with this "invasion" or if it's a way to pry DB to NXT but I'm hella excited.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1492 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 2, 2019 2:11 am

SmackDown was phenomenal. Can't wait for Survivor Series.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1493 » by Scott Hall » Sat Nov 2, 2019 2:12 am

Once again Saudi Arabia doing positive things for the business wouldn't be mad if they detained Michael Cole
over there for good lol

Will be disappointed when this NXT invasion is over in 3 weeks after Survivor Series
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1494 » by improper » Sat Nov 2, 2019 5:22 pm

So apparently the key to making Smackdown good is to just make it NXT.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1495 » by iMoreland » Sun Nov 3, 2019 2:55 am

So is everyone cool with Fiend (c) vs Roman main eventing WrestleMania? That's the two top stars on SmackDown's roster with Brock gone.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1496 » by improper » Sun Nov 3, 2019 8:08 pm

iMoreland wrote:So is everyone cool with Fiend (c) vs Roman main eventing WrestleMania? That's the two top stars on SmackDown's roster with Brock gone.

If the plan is for Roman to go over in that one, we're gonna get yet another Wrestlemania main event drowned in boos.
LLJ
RealGM

Post#1497 » by LLJ » Mon Nov 4, 2019 3:19 am

Bet that instead Roman wins the Royal Rumble and challenges Brock again lmao
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1498 » by WRau1 » Mon Nov 4, 2019 3:51 am

I'm surprised the WWE isn't rushing a Fiend v Aleister Black feud. Perhaps Black wins the RR and challenges Bray.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#1499 » by tugs » Mon Nov 4, 2019 6:12 am

Calm down, fam. It's gonna be Bray and Shorty G.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,565

Post#1500 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:08 pm

As a Big Dog fan... that he's going to spend like 6 months feuding Erick Rowan and Baron Corbin is such a sh*t sandwich (and not like his storylines with Elias, Drew, etc. before that were winners). Oh well, good times are coming

Disappointing they're going to bury a good singles asset in Kofi back in the tag division so quick. They could've given him an IC title picture soft landing for the next year or used him as kind of their Ziggler gateway feud for heel NXT call ups. I also don't care about New Day as champions again unless they turn them heel. Unless they're just transition champs for Ziggler and Roode to get pushed again.

Return to Pro Wrestling